SiouxSports.com Forum

ISU Game Day Thread

Sioux94

UND was hedging it's BSC bet that their D would be among the best in the conference to give them some potential staying power. Not today..........

3 starters out against a pass happy team, including two of our safeties......wasn't expecting our D to shine today, but to just do enough.  3 TO's and the offense is what let us down, but yes I wish the D could have made at least 1 big play at the end of the day to maybe come up with a pick or something.  You can say next man up all you want, but in some cases the next man up is just not as good as the guy that was there especially when they haven't had the experience or time on the field.  ISU was going to put up some points today given this matchup and the situation.  Given all that I'm still as pissed/frustrated/disappointed as anyone.   Just sucks because if we win this.....very good chance we make the playoffs.

Just got back from the game and wow - we want to build a game experience - a beautiful day for tailgating - a nice homecoming crowd with a good student section, and a very beatable opponent.  The place is loud early and the students are really into it.  Then don't show up for the 4th quarter and pee one down our leg.  I'm gonna say it - we were outcoached today during the game.  

• Upvote 1

If you asked Bubba at noon today if he could get 31 points on the board would he take it and expect a "W"............he would say yes every time. 

Offense did okay and 31 is good, it's tough to throw a backup QB and expect him to be Studsrud 2.0, refs blew a call and yes they didn't lose the game (the defense did that) they did prevent a good comeback.

Just got back from the game and wow - we want to build a game experience - a beautiful day for tailgating - a nice homecoming crowd with a good student section, and a very beatable opponent.  The place is loud early and the students are really into it.  Then don't show up for the 4th quarter and pee one down our leg.  I'm gonna say it - we were outcoached today during the game.  

Too many turnovers to start the game. The muffed punt by Seibel, interception by Studsrud, and the fumble by Santiago were all bad plays that ultimately cost UND in the end. Also, the pass defense just isn't good enough to defend for 3+ seconds without Reyes and Arnell; the defense couldn't get to ISU's QB all day, which was disappointing. 

Huge missed opportunity today, and I blame the loss on the early turnovers and poor defensive play down the stretch. When UND was up 31-15 in the 3rd quarter, the game should've been over for a UND victory. 

Big time missed opportunity today. Not only on the season but with fans students etc. We were up 31-15 late in the 3rd quarter and blew it. Not all is lost, but we need to sore up our pass d and pass o if we want to get back in this Big Sky race. Season is far from over but we need to be better than today.

Too many turnovers to start the game. The muffed punt by Seibel, interception by Studsrud, and the fumble by Santiago were all bad plays that ultimately cost UND in the end. Also, the pass defense just isn't good enough to defend for 3+ seconds without Reyes and Arnell; the defense couldn't get to ISU's QB all day, which was disappointing. 

Huge missed opportunity today, and I blame the loss on the early turnovers and poor defensive play down the stretch. When UND was up 31-15 in the 3rd quarter, the game should've been over for a UND victory. 

Where they figured out our defense and started going through it like crap through a goose we couldn't do anything against their D when we needed to.  

Where they figured out our defense and started going through it like crap through a goose we couldn't do anything against their D when we needed to.  

Not having Studsrud hurt at the end of the game. Some confusion towards the end in terms of the play being run. Also, not having Studsrud's athleticism hurt the offense. 

Seemed like a different team than what we saw last week.   I really had thought my 7-4 prediction was going to be spot on for this year, but no more.   We made way too many mistakes by way too many people.   I'm really disappointed in the consistency of this team.   It doesn't have any.

Idaho St. dared us to pass the football and we couldn't. Need to get some receivers that can create seperation.   They had no respect of getting beat deep after the first quarter. 

Our passing attack isn't scaring anyone, and if you take away a very mobile QB like Studsrud you are one dimentional and if we can't run the ball we are done.

starting corners got beat, defensive play calling was good. Cb ttechnique was off i would've called some of the same defensive plays. this time i will say next man up.

Seems like they play well off the receivers, can't they match up on the line and stay with them, instead giving them a free 5 to 6 yard cushion.

• Upvote 1

We had them dead to rights if we get a stop up 31-15 with the offense steam rolling them. Couldn'tget pressure to stop their wrs. Magnum is the second best in the conference and showed it today. Bartels needs to be third string and that's pretty clear after today. We need Georges back and Reyes back and need to get back to work. We have a good team this year but can't have 3 turnovers to start the game. That cost us. We could have killed their spirit early and put them away. Instead we let them hang around and spotted them points and the monster awoke and it bit us in the ass. Hopefully the team learns from today.