SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

53 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

and they went from one of the best names and logos in all of sports to one of the dumbest.

I actually don't mind the Wild logo...and I love their white jersey with that as the crest on the front. But that nickname...ugh.

"Let's go Wild!"  Soooooo corny.

3 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

and they went from one of the best names and logos in all of sports to one of the dumbest.

I had to double-check the thread.  Perhaps we should all stop and ponder this: maybe, just maybe, it's the CHANGE that is "dumb," and we all place waaaaay too much blame on the result.  Because, you know...sports.

So what's next? Do they:

A) They think they have the core capable of brining home the cup, but its running out of time so they make big moves to go "all in"

B) Realize that they have gotten all that they can out of the current core and its time to overhaul.

C) Stand pat

The Wild's window is closing shortly. They have a lot of dead weight. In addition, they are not in rebuilding mode. Be real interesting to see what they can do. A lot of money tied up in a few players....

Also, I'm a big Zpar fan but he'll be in decline mode soon regarding production. Funny how much his point production has dropped since he's been in MN. Hockeydb.com it. Crazy!

LA Kings will make changes next year.

Jets - if they can find some goaltending they "could" compete for a playoff spot next year. Poolman will be a nice addition, you'd think Kyle Connor gets more NHL games next year too. They're trending up. 

Sharks - They'll be a questions mark just based on Thornton and Marleau I think one player will be playing elsewhere next year. 

Hawks - changes are coming. 

Avs - Can only trend upward. 

Oilers - Will continue to rise. McDavid is elite and Leon Draistatl is a stud people. 21 years old and was 8th overall in the NHL in points! Where's the Wild's young stud???

• Upvote 1