SiouxSports.com Forum

GO WILD

Fetch

Nah. The Wild's fail surprised me. I expected them to make the epic comeback, win game five, and then go to Bridgestone and get obliterated. 

That would be more the Minnesota pro sports pattern:
At the darkest hour give a shining glimmer of hope, only to completely and utterly dash it with a drop straight into sports obliteration Hell. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Matt Cullen is back with the Wild for another season. Great pick up!

Surprised he would give up another good shot at the Cup to come to the Wild.  Must be ready to move home for good after this season.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Surprised he would give up another good shot at the Cup to come to the Wild.  Must be ready to move home for good after this season.

You make it sound like the Wild are going to finish 9th in the Western Conference this coming season?  I know Matt and his family......he wouldn't have come back to the Wild if he didn't think they could make a run at the Cup although his family and boys played a big reason in returning to the Wild.  Least I can bust out my #7 Cullen Wild sweater for one more season! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2017 at 2:43 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Veteran leadership, Cup cred, gritty center that can fill in in case of injury.  I like it!!  Go out as a 4 time Stanley Cup Champion and bring the Cup to Minnesota!!!

He brings a Cup to Minnesota I'm buying all night buddy. 

Love this signing. I know it won't happen but I'd give him the C. If anything an A. He reeks of leadership. 

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

He brings a Cup to Minnesota I'm buying all night buddy. 

Love this signing. I know it won't happen but I'd give him the C. If anything an A. He reeks of leadership. 

Matt >>> Mikko

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Dubnyk has now stopped 106 consecutive shots while going 195 minutes of shutout hockey. 3 shutouts in a row. A week ago he couldn’t stop a beachball. Ah the life of a goalie. 

Been one heckuva run!

And someone beside Zucker finally scored again!  Of course, Zucker still scored, but at least he wasn't the only one ;)