SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

At first I thought the NDSU player fell and rolled up unintentionally on Arnell. After you posted I was curious so I watched the play a good 15 times, mostly in slow mo, I am now pissed. Arnell was barley moving so the whole bang bang play argument is out the window. This was a cheap chicken shlt play. He didn't even look back at the result of his "block" just trotted back like nothing happened. I hope we see them in the playoffs.

Who is the SU player?  They should own it and apologize or we'll have to assume that's the way they coach and play.  

At first I thought the NDSU player fell and rolled up unintentionally on Arnell. After you posted I was curious so I watched the play a good 15 times, mostly in slow mo, I am now pissed. Arnell was barley moving so the whole bang bang play argument is out the window. This was a cheap chicken shlt play. He didn't even look back at the result of his "block" just trotted back like nothing happened. I hope we see them in the playoffs.

1.) Watched the replay a few times. Tough to tell what he was thinking, but that kid is one of the nicest young men on the team. Was told by a good source he felt horrible about what happened. I highly highly doubt it had intent.

2.) There is a 0% chance this UND team makes the playoffs. I can honestly say they were overall the worst FCS opponent I have seen come into the Fargodome. 

• Downvote 2

if that happened to Carson Wentz you would be demanding a season long suspension of the UND player, Bubba, and all UND fans in the building. Just look how fired up Bison fans got on this board and BV on a comment Sic made about doing a gator ankle tackle. You sir are an enormous hypocrite, just excuse yourself back to BV and stay there.

Coming from the biggest tool on FCS message boards.

If Carson ever got hurt again it would be from his aggressive running and trying to get that extra yard.

I guess all of you know exactly what happened.  Injuries happen like two Bison OL with broken feet.  But I guess those were from malicious plays by the opponents.

• Downvote 1

Coming from the biggest tool on FCS message boards.

If Carson ever got hurt again it would be from his aggressive running and trying to get that extra yard.

I guess all of you know exactly what happened.  Injuries happen like two Bison OL with broken feet.  But I guess those were from malicious plays by the opponents.

You calling me a tool when you come on a rival's board and after looking at a pic of a diving Bison player towards a UND player's leg and say "injuries happen". You sir are the tool, now please leave our board, your welcome is no longer needed.

You calling me a tool when you come on a rival's board and after looking at a pic of a diving Bison player towards a UND player's leg and say "injuries happen". You sir are the tool, now please leave our board, your welcome is no longer needed.

All we heard from you over the past few years and this year was that UND could win this game, it was going to be competitive if it ever was played, UND beating Wyoming was a sign of this to come for the NDSU game, the UND defense would keep this game interesting, UND owns NDSU etc etc. 

People thought you were a tool due to your claims of UND having a chance. Every FCS fan tried telling you that you were delusional and NDSU was going to curb stomp UND in this game.  

For the record I don't think you are a tool. I just don't think you know a great deal about football. If you did, you wouldn't have gone on and on and on about UND having a chance in this game.

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni
  • Downvote 3

All we heard from you over the past few years and this year was that UND could win this game, it was going to be competitive if it ever was played, UND beating Wyoming was a sign of this to come for the NDSU game, the UND defense would keep this game interesting, UND owns NDSU etc etc. 

People thought you were a tool due to your claims of UND having a chance. Every FCS fan tried telling you that you were delusional and NDSU was going to curb stomp UND in this game.  

Those rubes on Bisonville? Every team has a chance against any team, thats why the game is played. Why haven't the mods banned you yet.

Bubba's philosophy of running the ball is great if you have some semblance of a running game.  Otherwise it is time to adjust and go with what you have.  Don't know if we are good enough to make the switch but I think we go to a spread offense with quick reads and throw the ball no matter who the QB is.  I doubt we get sacked anymore than now and it hopefully gives our RBs some room to make plays.  

Well, some one caught it.  Saying we want to run the ball is great and it is fun to pound your chest and talk about, but let's not be so philosophically stubborn that we won't adjust or have an offensive package in place to jump start things.  Why not go to a hurry up 2 minute offense with a big arm on the bench, it would have been better than sitting under center for 15 seconds waiting to see how loud the SU fan base could get. And after that long wait we run a very simple run play a junior high team could grasp in about 5 seconds.  News flash, we are going to face teams that are more talented, to say we are going to run the ball until we have "the horses" to do it is foolish.  I'm sure the Packers could run full back dive all game long against a high school team because they have the horses to do it.  So for UND, we better find a way to generate offense and points cause I don't see any high school teams on the schedule.

Look at SU, they like the power run game, but weren't married to it.  They only had about 35 yards from their power stuff.  The jet sweep misdirection was way more effective on the ground.  And.........they knew they could pass, especially on one of our corners that I have no idea why he is in there.  If SU would have ran power running plays all day they probably would have won 10-9.

It is amazing you can tell the intent of a player from a video board replay.  

In reality you can't. 

You're argument is the same as me saying I saw UND defenders punching our O-Linemen in the groin on the ground after the whistle was blown (that is as dirty as it gets).

Finally, someone tell Cole Reyes to take his hat off during the post game presser.  That is low-class sore loser action.

Deflect all you want about someone wearing a hat but it doesn't change anything about that play.  Lowering a shoulder into the back of a players legs is dangerous and against the rules for that reason.   Anybody that is being honest knows that is a dirty play at worst and a very poor decision at best.   It was a spur of the moment decision but a very bad one.  There is no place for that in a football game.  To say otherwise is disingenuous or a complete lack of understanding of sportsmanship and football in general.

I don't think they were laughing about the kid getting hurt, but rather that you guys somehow felt the Bison player intentionally hurt him out of some irrational hatred of all things UND.  I haven't personally rewatched the play (ESPN3 is freezing up on me...) so I can't say if it was a legal hit or not.  For the sake of avoiding an argument I'll take your guys word and say it wasn't and there should have been a penalty, but I'm not buying for a second that this was how they were coached to do it or that it was done to intentionally injure him. 

EDIT: Man do I hate the quote function on this board.... really bizarre things happen when you hit "quote" and then back out and hit quote again... it keeps stacking the quotes.  The above should have been in response to Darrel's post responding to mine.

Edited by tjamz

Those rubes on Bisonville? Every team has a chance against any team, thats why the game is played. Why haven't the mods banned you yet.

That and essentially every single person on AGS. No Darell, UND did not have a chance in this game. It was men among boys. With the exception of Ratelle, and this is a huge MAYBE consider in he plays the same position as Deluca who is a better player, there is not a single UND starter yesterday who would have started for NDSU. The talent gap is honestly shocking. 

• Downvote 1

Well, some one caught it.  Saying we want to run the ball is great and it is fun to pound your chest and talk about, but let's not be so philosophically stubborn that we won't adjust or have an offensive package in place to jump start things.  Why not go to a hurry up 2 minute offense with a big arm on the bench, it would have been better than sitting under center for 15 seconds waiting to see how loud the SU fan base could get. And after that long wait we run a very simple run play a junior high team could grasp in about 5 seconds.  News flash, we are going to face teams that are more talented, to say we are going to run the ball until we have "the horses" to do it is foolish.  I'm sure the Packers could run full back dive all game long against a high school team because they have the horses to do it.  So for UND, we better find a way to generate offense and points cause I don't see any high school teams on the schedule.

Look at SU, they like the power run game, but weren't married to it.  They only had about 35 yards from their power stuff.  The jet sweep misdirection was way more effective on the ground.  And.........they knew they could pass, especially on one of our corners that I have no idea why he is in there.  If SU would have ran power running plays all day they probably would have won 10-9.

Except without George who would run the jet sweep.  In the first half the sacks and inaccurate passing hurt us worse then the poor ground game. 

Except without George who would run the jet sweep.  In the first half the sacks and inaccurate passing hurt us worse then the poor ground game. 

Javon Butler........I don't know, the coaches are paid to figure out something that looks like an offense. 

And I was referring to NDSU's jet sweep run package.

Edited by gundy1124
clarification

1.) Watched the replay a few times. Tough to tell what he was thinking, but that kid is one of the nicest young men on the team. Was told by a good source he felt horrible about what happened. I highly highly doubt it had intent.

2.) There is a 0% chance this UND team makes the playoffs. I can honestly say they were overall the worst FCS opponent I have seen come into the Fargodome. 

I noticed that you didn't give your thoughts on it being a clean play?  Only that he is a nice guy.  So, was it clean? 

That and essentially every single person on AGS. No Darell, UND did not have a chance in this game. It was men among boys. With the exception of Ratelle, and this is a huge MAYBE consider in he plays the same position as Deluca who is a better player, there is not a single UND starter yesterday who would have started for NDSU. The talent gap is honestly shocking. 

wow AGS, or should I say Bisonswille 2.0. 

If you.....one of the bigger trolls and UND bashers/Bison braggers out there......can only say......."Tough to tell what he was thinking", then we know it was a bad hit.

• Upvote 3

Remind me again, what's the most popular sport in the United States of America? How about the second most popular? 

Answer: not hockey

Relatively speaking, college hockey gets zero national coverage. Having a very good football and/or basketball program does way more for any NCAA institution, including FCS football. FCS football produces a medium for national coverage, and to just ignore that is completely short-sighted. NDSU's success in FCS football has produced a following that completely rivals UND hockey and its following. Failing to strive for excellence in terms of UND's FCS football program would be an absolute mistake. 

If you can't handle the truth regarding hockey and its following, turn your attention to Canada, because the last time I checked, UND is still south of the border.

Awesome straw man argument you came up with there!  I absolutely agree with you that football is more popular and has a massively larger following than hockey.

Being nice off the field has nothing to do with how you are in a game. I can't tell you how many people that have met me first on the field and second off the field were shocked that I wasnt a complete prick. For some people a switch flips when they put the pads on, I can relate to that. I can also relate to making mistakes on the field.

Any of our LBs would start. Reyes probably would as well. Adler could possibly at TE. Other than that you're right.

It is amazing you can tell the intent of a player from a video board replay.  

In reality you can't. 

You're argument is the same as me saying I saw UND defenders punching our O-Linemen in the groin on the ground after the whistle was blown (that is as dirty as it gets).

Finally, someone tell Cole Reyes to take his hat off during the post game presser.  That is low-class sore loser action.

Bubba had his UND hat on too.   I didn't realize  there was anything wrong with wearing your school hat  during a post game press conference  .  I see it done all the time.