SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

As a note, I really am hoping for Carson's sake this is not a serious injury. I wish him a full recovery and hope his draft stock doesn't drop too far. Chances are this will have an effect, to what degree, we'll have to see how it plays out.

• Upvote 1

As a note, I really am hoping for Carson's sake this is not a serious injury. I wish him a full recovery and hope his draft stock doesn't drop too far. Chances are this will have an effect, to what degree, we'll have to see how it plays out.

This is how I feel. I want to see an ND guy get picked high in the draft. I'd rather it be a UND player but I wouldn't mind him getting picked ahead of where Kleinssasser went.

Will be intersting to see hoe the Bison handle this adversity.  A last second comeback win against UNI and a loss against lowly USD already was showing the Bison were not the same caliber team they have been these last 4 years.  Now throw in a red shirt QB into the mix?  Will be very interesting to see how they respond.

Will be intersting to see hoe the Bison handle this adversity.  A last second comeback win against UNI and a loss against lowly USD already was showing the Bison were not the same caliber team they have been these last 4 years.  Now throw in a red shirt QB into the mix?  Will be very interesting to see how they respond.

Now they see what we have gone through this and last season with the injuries at at a key position. This is why you need a backup that almost resembles your starter. Injuries can make or break your season, especially halfway through the season when playoff selection is a month away.

Would NDSU be NC from 2011-2014 if they had to play teams outside the Fargodome and no Frisco doesn't count.  Oh wait you would say they could take down half of the NFL. Also your road record the last 4 years in the playoffs are 0-0. Playoffs and regular season games are different. 

People don't need to wonder if those NDSU teams would have won outside the dome.  Those teams all took care of business in the regular season.  If we really want to think about it though, NDSU's performances on the road have not exactly varied greatly from their performances at home.  They may have lost to someone, who knows.

This year will be different as the road to Texas will almost certainly not go through Fargo.  I don't think too many teams would be too excited to see NDSU in their area of the bracket, except maybe a Coastal Carolina or something like that who may feel they have some unfinished business left to take care of.

People don't need to wonder if those NDSU teams would have won outside the dome.  Those teams all took care of business in the regular season.  If we really want to think about it though, NDSU's performances on the road have not exactly varied greatly from their performances at home.  They may have lost to someone, who knows.

This year will be different as the road to Texas will almost certainly not go through Fargo.  I don't think too many teams would be too excited to see NDSU in their area of the bracket, except maybe a Coastal Carolina or something like that who may feel they have some unfinished business left to take care of.

Too excited no, scared sh$tless very doubtful. The point was in 2011-14 NDSU was so good they didn't have road playoff games but when you do have a road game you aren't as good and as I pointed out as an example your record in D1 road playoff games are 1-1. And comparing a road playoff game against top competition in the FCS to a road game in the MVFC which includes teams at the bottom is rediculous.

Too excited no, scared sh$tless very doubtful. The point was in 2011-14 NDSU was so good they didn't have road playoff games but when you do have a road game you aren't as good and as I pointed out as an example your record in D1 road playoff games are 1-1. And comparing a road playoff game against top competition in the FCS to a road game in the MVFC which includes teams at the bottom is rediculous.

What is UND's record in FCS playoff games? 

• Downvote 1

What is UND's record in FCS playoff games? 

It's pathetic and nonexistent... but I don't think that's what folks have been talking about. Might want to try and keep up. Oh, yeah, that's what you've been doing... checking up on your hated rival, for some reason.  LOL!

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

It's pathetic and nonexistent... but I don't think that's what folks have been talking about. 

Ya they are talking about how the 2010 Bison performed in the playoffs on the road, which literally had no bearing on whether or not this Bison team will perform well on the road if they make the playoffs and have road games. Seems to make a lot more sense.

• Downvote 2

Well I doubt any D1 football team will be s"scared" of playing a game. But there is probably few teams they'd rather avoid. 

Just one guy's opinion though.

Ya they are talking about how the 2010 Bison performed in the playoffs on the road, which literally had no bearing on whether or not this Bison team will perform well on the road if they make the playoffs and have road games. Seems to make a lot more sense.

But you guys love history except when it goes against your team.

0-0.  So please name teams that would scared sh&tless to see NDSU enter their field in a playoff game. I hope you tell those fans this on their message board, and not be a troll in this one.

I would want no part of NDSU. If they make the playoffs and Wentz  is healed, they have the talent to beat any team in the FCS. They are also still the defending national champions the last time I checked.

Just for the record , your 2010 playoff analogy is literally the dumbest thing I have seen in my life. 

• Downvote 1

Well I doubt any D1 football team will be s"scared" of playing a game. But there is probably few teams they'd rather avoid. 

Just one guy's opinion though.

So you disagree with the whole 2011 class that any team outside of UNI would be scared sh$tless if NDSU played in their building in the playoffs. And I agree with you there are teams one would like to avoid, but that wouldn't mean they are scared sh$tless.

So you disagree with the whole 2011 class that any team outside of UNI would be scared sh$tless if NDSU played in their building in the playoffs. And I agree with you there are teams one would like to avoid, but that wouldn't mean they are scared sh$tless.

Guess we will just have to wait for UND's hypothetical playoff run coupled by their hypothetical hosting of NDSU. 

I would want no part of NDSU. If they make the playoffs and Wentz  is healed, they have the talent to beat any team in the FCS. They are also still the defending national champions the last time I checked.

Just for the record , your 2010 playoff analogy is literally the dumbest thing I have seen in my life. 

Not enough talent to beat Montana and South Dakota I see. Also I thought the dumbest thing you have seen is your posts on this board. Gives me and others a good laugh.

Not enough talent to beat Montana and South Dakota I see. Also I thought the dumbest thing you have seen is your posts on this board. Gives me and others a good laugh.

Oh you are right. NDSU doesn't have the talent to beat Montana and USD. I'm sure that is the issue genius.

Guess they only have the talent to beat #6 ranked SDSU 28-7 in Brookings and hold them to -4 rushing yards.

• Downvote 1

Oh you are right. NDSU doesn't have the talent to beat Montana and USD. I'm sure that is the issue genius.

Guess they only have the talent to beat #6 ranked SDSU 28-7 in Brookings and hold them to -4 rushing yards.

Talent must have ran out with a healthy Wentz in Missoula and a hurt Wentz in Fargo. This is not the team from last year. If Easton is not up to par you can cheer for the Bunnies in the playoffs.