SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

You ever leave North Dakota you'll be surprised how little people care about D1 hockey or even know what it is or could name 5 teams playing it.

someone in tempe, az must have heard something about d1 hockey to invest millions....millions!

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

You must have missed the facts about the number of teams playing DI hockey, and the names of some of the lesser schools competing for the NCAA Hockey championship. 

fcs has its share of bad schools too. I'd consider them both to be similar. 

Check out the attendance at the FCS championship game the last time NDSU wasn't in it and you'll see how much people care about d1-aa football. It's big in ND, SD, and MT, that's about it. Most other states have real DI football to follow.

Hockey attendance really isn't anything to write home about either.

App really hasn't been any good since NDSU started winning titles so I don't see where it would be epic. 

In terms of recent achievements though, yeah it would have been a cool deal though yeah.

Since he was talking championship game. 

Hockey Championship games, I believe, are always sold out (at least "recently" regardless whos playing)

A few years ago they put the hockey championship game in a football field because its usually sold out. 37,000 people attended.

Theres been outdoor college hockey games upward of 100,000 (they had to quit selling tickets), much larger than the largest FCS football game ever played. 

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 1

App really hasn't been any good since NDSU started winning titles so I don't see where it would be epic. 

In terms of recent achievements though, yeah it would have been a cool deal though yeah.

2014 FCS Average Attendance (overall including Natty Champ): 8,130

UND Hockey averages in the upper, 11,000+ and typically sold out.

Hockey Championship games, I believe, are always sold out (at least "recently" regardless whos playing)

A few years ago they put the hockey championship game in a football field because its usually sold out. 37,000 people attended.

Theres been outdoor college hockey games upward of 74,000, much larger than the largest FCS football game ever played. 

The Big Chill at the Big House. 113,411 announced attendance between Michigan and Michigan State.

END FCS and hockey stats

Everyone likes to see the big dog fall. Expecially David vs Golliath which a USD victory over NDSU looked like. The two schools can poke some fun at each other and we would accept that. But when people come to a UND forum and drag UND down for no reason isn't necessary. We are aware of the issues that our program has had over the last decade+, we can be excited about improvements. 

I understand people being proud of their schools. But for a school that doesn't care about us NDSU sure likes to run try to trash this program. Typically a fanbase that doesn't care about a program shows it by not even giving them attention, and not worrying about what is going on with that program. 

We should be happy to have two schools in the last couple of years ranked as #1 in multiple sports. FCS--NDSU and Hockey-UND. The attention that one gets seem to get the other attention as ESPN can never get the logos right, and people always confuse the two. 

Edited by Wildfan

Theres been outdoor college hockey games upward of 100,000 (they had to quit selling tickets), much larger than the largest FCS football game ever played. 

4 schools fanbases buy tickets to the championship game right? 

I believe outdoor games are a fun novelty item. The SWAC schools have gotten into the upper 60's range for similar deals. 

I've heard from some people that they think NDSU could somehow do as good or possibly better with Stick.  He's suppose to be a stud.  Obviously he hasn't been playing so who knows what he'll do but I think NDSU will rebound from this embarrassing loss and get back on track.

The proverbial NDSU mantra, back-up is better anyway.  Wentz, while riding the pine was better than Jenson, Stick better than Wentz,  high schooler to be named later better than Stick.........

The proverbial NDSU mantra, back-up is better anyway.  Wentz, while riding the pine was better than Jenson, Stick better than Wentz,  high schooler to be named later better than Stick.........

Shouldnt that be your goal when recruiting?

When I said an NDSU-App St game would be epic I meant an FCS App St when they were the powerhouse. The SB hasn't been to good to them.