SiouxSports.com Forum

Please attend

Fetch

Who has been preaching that the folks who want no nicname are the Fighting Sioux forever only crowd ? We are

Glad you cleared that up for everyone.

but u any crappy name people because u want to do what is best for UND people are sure pretty smug about thinking ur any where close to being a majority

Shame on people for looking out for the University instead of a logo and nickname.  But at least you recognize that they want what's best for UND and that is moving on.

The vast majority of us will  be Sioux Forever & laugh at all attemts to be anything else...........:silly:

I'm sure the University of North Dakota will be fine.  It has survived multiple nickname and logo changes over the past 130+ years.

• Upvote 1

Just thinking that Kelly must have received a few calls or at least calls from some pretty important UND boosters for him to go to the media and say he would consider putting North Dakota back on the ballot - that doesn't happen because of the threat of a gathering in a park. Then again it isn't back on the list yet so maybe he has no intention of adding it back -  it was just to prevent thousands from showing up at a park gathering (sarcasm). 

• Upvote 1

Just thinking that Kelly must have received a few calls or at least calls from some pretty important UND boosters for him to go to the media and say he would consider putting North Dakota back on the ballot - that doesn't happen because of the threat of a gathering in a park. Then again it isn't back on the list yet so maybe he has no intention of adding it back -  it was just to prevent thousands from showing up at a park gathering (sarcasm)

THIS^^^^^^  x 100

Edited by Blackheart

When is the rally to help ensure ----(insert one of the five choices)-----gets on the ballot?

is there a park in grand forks large enough to accommodate the crowd that would attend?

Ummmm......the other 6 choices currently are on te ballot.  So why would there be a rally to support that?  

Edited by Siouxperfan7

When is the rally to help ensure ----(insert one of the five choices)-----gets on the ballot?

is there a park in grand forks large enough to accommodate the crowd that would attend?

The first "no nickname" rally happened after the committee cut it.

Why rally for something that's not an issue yet?

These "Sioux were Silenced" organizers need to get free keg beer and free pizza at their next rally.  Then the college students will come running!!  Heck, call it Springfest and they will come out in droves!!:D

With "creative" t-shirts and everything! :blink::lol:

The first "no nickname" rally happened after the committee cut it.

Why rally for something that's not an issue yet?

As many on here have stated, the final ballot will most likely not include 5 names.  

If there was any passion in support of one of the five finalists, one would think those supporters would be out and about campaigning and rallying to make sure their choice made the final ballot.

I just heard on the radio that the new tactic is to "delay" the vote on the nickname since Kelley is retiring and shouldn't make the decision.  You can't make it up.  :silly:

The LAST thing that UND is going to do is stick the new president with selecting the new nickname so he can get ridiculed and lambasted his entire term due to not staying North Dakota and letting Sioux live forever.  What a stupid argument.  

Edited by Sioux83

Ummmm......the other 6 choices currently are on te ballot.  So why would there be a rally to support that?  

If you equally support all 5 names, I would agree with you.   But it appears most that post on here have a favorite.   So that is why I posed the question; where's the excitement, passion, etc., to support one of these "great" finalists?   Wouldn't a rally be more constructive and productive than all the snide remarks (i'm not talking to you directly here) made at the expense of folks with a different point of view?

I just heard on the radio that the new tactic is to "delay" the vote on the nickname since Kelley is retiring and shouldn't make the decision.  You can't make it up.  :silly:

The LAST thing that UND is going to do is stick the new president with selecting the new nickname so he can get ridiculed and lambasted his entire term due to not staying North Dakota and letting Sioux live forever.  What a stupid argument.  

I wonder if Al Carlson is behind this? :p

If you equally support all 5 names, I would agree with you.   But it appears most that post on here have a favorite.   So that is why I posed the question; where's the excitement, passion, etc., to support one of these "great" finalists?   Wouldn't a rally be more constructive and productive than all the snide remarks (i'm not talking to you directly here) made at the expense of folks with a different point of view?

No.  A true vote will determine the new name.  Not fake rallies.  

No.  A true vote will determine the new name.  Not fake rallies.  

So you're pro- snide remarks, and anti- rally for the purpose of drumming up support?  :)

I wish the Presidential candidates shared your views on campaigning and rallies.  It would save us from all the political ads, and we'd just go vote on election day.

• Upvote 2