SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Guy hits a 102 mph fastball from Duran out of the park.  Man, are these guys good.  Twins win, Guardians get no hit.  Two game lead in August, things could be worse.  

Brooks Lee is absolutely killing the ball in AA.  Another left handed bat with some pop and promise.  

He needs to be up in St. Paul.  

He’s not concerned and all is well. WTF 

ST. LOUIS — The home runs, Joe Ryan said after his last start, were “not really concerning.”

“You throw a lot of strikes and guys are going to swing and stuff happens,” Ryan said before professing that he thought he would be fine on that front down the stretch.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:22 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Skip his next start or two

Twins have pitching depth, use it.

They listened to you.  Up comes Dallas, and we have a "groin injury" to Joe Ryan.  Two/three starts for Dallas on the big club.  Anxious to see if he's still got it.  

Duran struggling a bit as of late, but getting the job done.  The former catcher in me thinks he is over throwing the splitter, but that's one guys opinion.

Amazing these mlb guys have caught up to his 102 mph fastball as much as they have.  Wonder if he's tipping.

Kenta Maeda today.  

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Wallner is the future in right.  Hope he's up for good.  Lot of upside there.

Keuchel gave the team a chance.  Wasn't pretty, but one run through 5 innings gives anyone a shot.

Pretty cool that they honor local hero Joe Mauer and local guy Wallner wins it with a bomb Sunday. Didn’t realize he grew up a half north of Target Field 

15 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Pretty cool that they honor local hero Joe Mauer and local guy Wallner wins it with a bomb Sunday. Didn’t realize he grew up a half north of Target Field 

Sidebar:  The Mauer Twins HOF ceremony was well done.  Loved that they brought out the guy that was the only person to ever strike out Mauer in HS, that was pretty funny.

They showed all of his commericals between innings.  Was a great Saturday night.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Sidebar:  The Mauer Twins HOF ceremony was well done.  Loved that they brought out the guy that was the only person to ever strike out Mauer in HS, that was pretty funny.

They showed all of his commericals between innings.  Was a great Saturday night.

Read a story about the pitcher that struck out Joe, and Joe says to the guy "you aren't going to throw me that nasty curve again are you."  

5 game winning streak.  Ohh my.  

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Read a story about the pitcher that struck out Joe, and Joe says to the guy "you aren't going to throw me that nasty curve again are you."  

5 game winning streak.  Ohh my.  

That was pretty funny from Joe. I know a lot of fans got on his ass because of the big contract he got and maybe he didn’t quite live up to it but he was always a true professional. Definitely not your rah rah guy but one who did his job in a respectful way. 
Twins are rolling and now have a 5.5 game lead in the central 

24 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

After dominating game 1 the Twins curl up in the fetal position and lose the next 3 to the Tigers. With that I’m not surprised. They are average and nothing more 

Its so maddening, they show their promise and can compete and beat some of the better teams in the league... then lay eggs like this one.

Onto Philly, watch them take 2 out of 3 and continue the maddening trend 

They can't continue to throw Dallas K out there.  I mean he gave them a chance his previous outing, but I think we all saw him getting bombed today in Philly.

You got Varland and Simeon down in AAA, give those guys the experience.