SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Yeah I saw that in the article too. Why would hall of famer rob Blake come all the way out here....to get the kid signed. Full court press.

Hey, if Schlossman knows that LaDue can stay through a senior year and avoid signing a two-way deal (only get NHL money), so do Rob Blake and the Kings. They would much rather sign him now to a two-way deal than have him play out his college eligibility and force anyone looking to sign him into a one-way (NHL money only) deal. 

Hey, if Schlossman knows that LaDue can stay through a senior year and avoid signing a two-way deal (only get NHL money), so do Rob Blake and the Kings. They would much rather sign him now to a two-way deal than have him play out his college eligibility and force anyone looking to sign him into a one-way (NHL money only) deal. 

Robyn Regehr just retired so its possible the kings have a few other Dmen going out the door in the next few years. Could be the reason why they want to get LaDue in their system ASAP. 

Sounded like Blake would be fine with him staying.

I think they have to sound diplomatic because as much as UND coaches have to have a good working relationship with NHL teams, the NHL teams need to maintain a decent relationship as well because coaches with the respect of their players can sometimes have influence on player's decisions.  

Robyn Regehr just retired so its possible the kings have a few other Dmen going out the door in the next few years. Could be the reason why they want to get LaDue in their system ASAP. 

"The Mayor" (John Hoven, an epic LAK bobo and rube) says that Forbort is the heir apparent for Regehr's slot.

The questions surrounding the LAK defense are:

- do they resign Andrej Sekera

- will Slava Voynoy ever be reinstated by the NHL (his trial got moved from next week to July

The bad news is LAK is looking for their future right-handed defenseman. 

I'm starting to think ladue signs...the Kings sent rob Blake to gf. How does a kid not take the bait.

Well, I am thinking that Ladue has told them he is leaning to coming back and that is why the full court press.  As a side note, they got to see the palace on the prairie and how that can develop their prospects too.

Well, I am thinking that Ladue has told them he is leaning to coming back and that is why the full court press.  As a side note, they got to see the palace on the prairie and how that can develop their prospects too.

Always a good opportunity for anyone to see that place. I would have to think that anyone in the NHL would be impressed with UND's facilities and coaches. They have certainly pumped out to high talent players.

It was interesting to see which guys they sent along for this trip:

Jason Blake: From Moorhead and played at UND

Tony Gasparini: US Scout and, oh yeah, he is Gino's kid.  He brought the Stanley cup to the Ralph in 2014.

Nelson Emerson: Director of Player Development.  Played 4 years at Bowling Green and was a 3-time Hobey finalist.

Mike O'Connell: Key member of Development Staff.  No connection to UND or college hockey but he's a Chicago native and the former GM of the Bruins.

I think the top two guys are the best two they could have sent for our sake.

Uh, the "Blake" the LA Kings sent out was Assistant GM (and former Kings defenseman) Rob Blake. (Pretty sure Jason doesn't work for the LAK.)

http://mayorsmanor.com/2015/04/blake-on-trip-to-north-dakota-waiting-on-ladues-decision/

• Upvote 1

Tony Gasparini: US Scout and, oh yeah, he is Gino's kid.  He brought the Stanley cup to the Ralph in 2014.

Nelson Emerson: Director of Player Development.  Played 4 years at Bowling Green and was a 3-time Hobey finalist.

Mike O'Connell: Key member of Development Staff.  No connection to UND or college hockey but he's a Chicago native and the former GM of the Bruins.

Yeah, about that Blake... no.

Jason Blake ... not so much

I highly doubt they flew out an entourage to say "hey, nice arena!  Keep up the good work!" 

I don't think anyone was insinuating that was why they flew out. But any time you can showcase your team and facilities as a strong developmental opportunity, it isn't a bad thing.

I highly doubt they flew out an entourage to say "hey, nice arena!  Keep up the good work!" 

You totally mis read what I posted then, That was the side note.  IMO Paul has told them that he is leaning toward returning. Them coming to GF means they are worried about their prospect not saying, wow I got a contract and am out of here.  Look at what he would be getting as a signed prospect, an AHL contract.  That is about 70k a year and bus trips from town to town. He is being promised AHL playing time, that is all.   We all know the elephant in the room is the idea that if he waits until after his senior year, he can demand a one way contract.  That is if he continues developing.   On a different note to think that Gino's son would have any leaning towards UND is a long shot.  Look at the way that UND ran his dad out of town.  

You totally mis read what I posted then, That was the side note.  IMO Paul has told them that he is leaning toward returning. Them coming to GF means they are worried about their prospect not saying, wow I got a contract and am out of here.  Look at what he would be getting as a signed prospect, an AHL contract.  That is about 70k a year and bus trips from town to town. He is being promised AHL playing time, that is all.   We all know the elephant in the room is the idea that if he waits until after his senior year, he can demand a one way contract.  That is if he continues developing.   On a different note to think that Gino's son would have any leaning towards UND is a long shot.  Look at the way that UND ran his dad out of town.  

That's fair.  

Back to the true purpose of this thread:

Miami's Riley Barber --- GONE! 

Signs with WAS, gives up senior season. 

I feel so terrible for Ricci Blasée and his bros. Not. 

Riley Barber signs with Washington, giving up his final year of eligibility at Miami.