SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

No surprise to see Jordan sign I wish him the best of luck! Maybe the reporter Rutherford didn't really have a clue either way and just kept guessing to try to be the first to report something. I know there has been some speculation about Thompson signing but I can't really see that. Should still set up a pretty strong defenseman group with Ausmus-Stecher, Thompson-LaDue, Wolanin/Shaw-Poolman.

Agreed. Keeping a first rounder for three years is more than anyone should expect. I wish him well!

I'm not surprised that they made a strong offer to a 1st rounder that could have been a free agent next year. That said, He will probably spend quite a while developing his game. He has the skills but takes too many shifts off. I wish him the best.

Respectfully, this is coming from right field. What is your point? Our program just sent another player to the pro ranks. That is a good thing.

No kidding. Don't get what the point Fetch was trying to make by saying that. Pretty sure Jordan wanted a national championship just as badly as any other UND player.

If you don't stay all 4 years, the players that leave early weren't committed to winning a national title? That's beyond absurd. It's ludicrous!

• Upvote 1

No kidding. Don't get what the point Fetch was trying to make by saying that. Pretty sure Jordan wanted a national championship just as badly as any other UND player.

If you don't stay all 4 years, the players that leave early weren't committed to winning a national title? That's beyond absurd. It's ludicrous!

We get top notch kids because it is their dream to play in the NHL....UND has that reputation of developing kids.  Now it's been awhile but we still have that reputation.  Jordan is a very skilled kid that stayed around 3 years, that's all you can ask.  We have very good freshman coming in and some juniors who need to see time on the PP to continue to develop.  It was Schmaltz's time to move to the next level.  Next man up.

In saying that, if KT left I would be more than shocked.

I had the booth behind them at the %gobc monthly meeting at the truck stop.

They were kinda loud so it wasn't really eavesdropping; and one of them seemed really inebriated but was still trying to type stuff out on his phone.

Had the bacon cheeseburger but substituted the beef for bison. ;) 

Bison: it's what's for dinner. 

I was a little surprised he signed just because of how long it took. After the frozen four, I expected him to sign that Saturday. By the time he actually did sign I was thinking maybe he would be back. Wish all the best for him.

In general, UND players usually wait until after the semester to announce their intentions. Seems like this is something people routinely forget.

In general, UND players usually wait until after the semester to announce their intentions. Seems like this is something people routinely forget.

Semester has been over for 2 weeks. Those announcements tend to be made immediately after the semester ends since they likely have had their mind made up for months. Zane's announcement seems to be a normal time frame, but Jordan's seems longer than normal. Maybe I'm just not remembering the time frame others used correctly.

Semester has been over for 2 weeks. Those announcements tend to be made immediately after the semester ends since they likely have had their mind made up for months. Zane's announcement seems to be a normal time frame, but Jordan's seems longer than normal. Maybe I'm just not remembering the time frame others used correctly.

My bad. I thought you were implying that you remembering it being before the semester. You were referring to the timing between the end of the semester and his announcement. Makes sense.

I also think Jordan's situation was pretty unique being he was a first rounder and had a lot of options.