SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I spy Mr and Mrs Siouxman on the left!   :D

Yes, it is us. We came to give the Penrose Cup a ride home in case the plane can't be deiced.

Observations from the game:

The penalty on Olson for boarding was bogus. It was clean, shoulder to shoulder, right in front of us. Miami did much worse and never got called once. Cags was absolutely crushed on one hit and appeared to be injured for a while. Nothing was called.

Miami fans want a penalty on every hit. They aren't quite Gopher fan bad, but not far from it.

McIntyre stole this one. He was absolutely solid and followed the puck quite well. Another game without an even strength goal.

Poganski is going to be a beast. Just like against St. Cloud, he was all over the ice.

Kudos to Gaarder's line again. They drive the other team nuts.

This was a tense game. I don't even want to know where my blood pressure was when the final horn sounded.

Being present for the team bringing the Penrose Cup onto the ice was an unexpected plus for this trip.

This team is ready for the playoffs mentally. They are committed and bringing it with everything they have.

• Upvote 1

Good lord, can you imagine how costly that missed call on the goal would've been had Miami tied it up?!?!

How in the hell did they not review that. I guess OD or the Sioux players could of helped out by raising their sticks thinking it was a goal but don't believe they did so that didn't help.

He's not as bad as Woog and the other guy was

This backs of Mafia Man's point.   Most people think Woog was a big homer, and hated him.   Yet Woog was as good as anyone about ripping his own team and crediting the opponent.  I actually loved Woog, even though he WAS a homer.  He still called a spade a spade.

I was watching the CBS Fta feed. After the whistle they went to commercial and showed the overhead view. The puck did not go in the net according to the overhead view. I think on the video posted on here it appears in the net because the puck was in the air.

At least someone got to see an overhead.  We were disappointed not to see it on the broadcast, but we figured they must have watched it during the break, and decided it wasn't even close and therefore didn't bother to show the viewers.

How in the hell did they not review that. I guess OD or the Sioux players could of helped out by raising their sticks thinking it was a goal but don't believe they did so that didn't help.

I think this is the biggest clue, to those of us who thought it may have gone in by watching the telecast, that this wasn't even close.   The players or coaches didn't seem to protest, especially OD.

He is absolutely one of the best hockey play-by-play guys in the biz.  And yeah. His glasses are green.  That part doesn't bother me much.  But when there's no webcast and I don't have cable and can't watch, I'll take him every day.  He describes the game on air better than many do on TV.

I like Tim H too, He's a good guy and one of my favorites radio personnel. I could care less if people (from another team) think that he's homer. He's my favorite homer. 

• Upvote 1

Can anyone remember the last time we've won games like this? This team is tremendous defensively. Absolutely can lock it down with a lead. So good up the middle and in the NZ on the back check. Tenacious, gritty and fast. Love it. This team is truly a pleasure to watch.

• Upvote 1

I like Tim H too, He's a good guy and one of my favorites radio personnel. I could care less if people (from another team) think that he's homer. He's my favorite homer.

Sigh...here's your daily reminder that it is "couldn't" or "could not" care less. Saying you "could care less" implies that you care, even if only a little.

In regards to the play in question, I still have yet to hear anyone agree with TH that the ONLY penalty called at the end of the 2nd should have gone to Miami. LJ wrapped his arm around the guy's neck and pushed him into the boards. Sorry, homers, that's what set off the skirmish and should have given Miami a PP to start the 3rd. How TH saw anything close to a North Dakota PP coming out of that, I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

Sigh...here's your daily reminder that it is "couldn't" or "could not" care less. Saying you "could care less" implies that you care, even if only a little.

In regards to the play in question, I still have yet to hear anyone agree with TH that the ONLY penalty called at the end of the 2nd should have gone to Miami. LJ wrapped his arm around the guy's neck and pushed him into the boards. Sorry, homers, that's what set off the skirmish and should have given Miami a PP to start the 3rd. How TH saw anything close to a North Dakota PP coming out of that, I have no idea.

Agreed, that was definitely a penalty.  I was actually shocked there was no call on 27...that kid.

are you sure? ?. MM is probably right as he just returned from a Grammar Rodeo. Now can you tell us when to use regardless vs irregardless? ?

are you sure? ?. MM is probably right as he just returned from a Grammar Rodeo. Now can you tell us when to use regardless vs irregardless? ?

Well, it's a little known-fact that the word "irregardless" comes from Greek mythology and their god "Regard." While the word was commonly used by the literary hockey sanskrit writer Goonolopopomous, it is viewed today as being wrong. "Regardless" would be correct.

Well, it's a little known-fact that the word "irregardless" comes from Greek mythology and the legendary god "Regard." While the word was commonly used by the literary hockey sanskrit writer Goonolopopomous, it is viewed today as being wrong. "Regardless" would be correct.

So it's ok to use irregardless irregardless?

Commonly used, yes. Technically correct? No.

Much different than "could care less," which is flat-out not what the speaker or writer is trying to say.

Ok, so we can say "irregardless irregardless," but we should say "regardless because" rather than "regardless regardless?" 

You stole that from the Urban Dictionary.  

Wrong slang. It's supposed to be "I couldn't care less" - because I have no interest. "I could care less" means there is some interest.
"Leaving? I couldn't care less."
by ninedots December 03, 2004

This team is doing what championship teams do. They sell out for the team and they find ways to win. I thought Miami outplayed us for most of the game, they are fast and skilled and really move the puck well- I pity the team that has to play them in the NCAAs. That said, we did all the little things we needed to do, finished on an odd man opportunity, got a goal out of nothing, and let Zane do his thing.

Side note- this had playoff feel- not just NCHC, but NCAA. That's a good takeaway, and while not playing to end someone's season, you can be sure Miami was extra motivated to not let UND clinch the Penrose in their barn.

Good win- we found a way,

Stole it from Urban Dictionary, Goon? Nope. I can thank my freshman English teacher, Mrs. Anderson (rest in peace) for that one.

I didn't have your Mrs. Anderson, but must have had my own version because that's where I learned it too.  (plus lend/borrow, regardless/irregardless, etc.   But I can't diagram a sentance worth a damn)