SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Miami - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

He's a spectacular play-by-play man, but his glasses get tinted a little too green many times.

He is absolutely one of the best hockey play-by-play guys in the biz.  And yeah. His glasses are green.  That part doesn't bother me much.  But when there's no webcast and I don't have cable and can't watch, I'll take him every day.  He describes the game on air better than many do on TV.

• Upvote 2

Nice road win Zane was solid again and I thought we did a pretty good job of limiting quality chances. Seemed like we had a lot of troubling controlling the puck tonight as it. Liked the physical style tonight and the edge the team had really thought Olson established that even though he was called for a weal penalty on the hit. Johnson brought some good offensive chances including the good shot that hit the post and played with right on the edge but hard for me to fault him for what happened at the end of the 2nd period Miami was running interference all night and it happened again on that play and he just decided he wasn't gonna take it on that play I do wish somebody would have went after that 3rd guy in from Miami though. The OD-Gaarder-Pogo line was great again tonight and Pogo is another kid who is getting better every game. Anyone get a look at the chance that Schmaltz set up where the announcers thought it went in? Surprised they didn't at least show us a replay of that. Miami fans must not be very knowledgeable I laughed when they would boo and want a penalty called every time their players would dive.  

I really like Tim too.  His color guy talks over him a little bit too much, but Tim does not leave a lot of room for color so I don't blame the guy.  For many years before streaming coverage the Tims were my primary source for Sioux hockey. 

Postgame show = Hak says hardfought game.  Zane the backbone, need great goal tending to win a championship. 

Only message to the team is:  They are a good group of players, better people.  Willing to work hard to become a good team.  Takes great people to do that."

Also said...

Mac is a huge part of this and deserves to be in the photo more than Hak.   Zane has been there for us all year, handled turnovers in second period great and held solid in the start of the third.  

Miami will still be playing for home ice tomorrow night.  Need to stay on task.  Don't chase the play, stay strong in the middle of the rink.  Let the play come to you, and let Zane take the odd shots.   

Have to find ways to keep getting pucks to the blue paint.  K.T.'s goal was a great start to the game.  Had some holes tonight, but no holes in battle and pose. 

I don't know if they can win four in a row getting outshot like that, but they are hard to beat, that's for sure.  Hopefully they'll find line combos they can roll with.  It's no surprise the one non-fluke goal on the night was by the intact line.

Nice road win Zane was solid again and I thought we did a pretty good job of limiting quality chances. Seemed like we had a lot of troubling controlling the puck tonight as it. Liked the physical style tonight and the edge the team had really thought Olson established that even though he was called for a weal penalty on the hit. Johnson brought some good offensive chances including the good shot that hit the post and played with right on the edge but hard for me to fault him for what happened at the end of the 2nd period Miami was running interference all night and it happened again on that play and he just decided he wasn't gonna take it on that play I do wish somebody would have went after that 3rd guy in from Miami though. The OD-Gaarder-Pogo line was great again tonight and Pogo is another kid who is getting better every game. Anyone get a look at the chance that Schmaltz set up where the announcers thought it went in? Surprised they didn't at least show us a replay of that. Miami fans must not be very knowledgeable I laughed when they would boo and want a penalty called every time their players would dive.

I rewound and watched it, the puck either hit the goalie's left leg pad or the Miami defenseman's skate and came back the same direction it came in. Never made it to O'Donnel's stick. seemed to stay in the crease momentarily so may have been kicked or pushed after the stop

Would you really call him a blind homer?

Personally I would describe Hennessey as a bit biased, but not a true homer.

Do you really think that a UND power play should have ensued going into the 3rd period? Apparently TH did. I can tell you that Hockey East or ECAC officials in the NCAA tournament won't.

TH is great! How could anyone dis him! He may be a homer and why wouldn't he be? He should be, but is also fair and calls the plays as they are! I'll listen to him call our games any day!

If I have to listen to a hockey game on the radio... I want a homer to keep my morale up. 

• Upvote 1