SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Can't believe Lindgren's unconscious save on Mac on Friday night to stop him from reaching the Sioux Century club may have been his last chance to reach it as a Sioux. I'll be looking for him with Parks on the PK from here on out.

Schloss just tweeted that he'll know more tomorrow and he doesn't expect good news... this sucks.

Schloss knows at this stage exactly what's up. Tough situation for Mark. Hate to see his to a player in this position. Big blow to the team.

Schloss knows at this stage exactly what's up. Tough situation for Mark. Hate to see this to a play in this position. Big blow to the team.

1st line center, top pp and pk guy, top faceoff guy, and leading scorer is not easily replaced.

1st line center, top pp and pk guy, top faceoff guy, and leading scorer is not easily replaced.

True, but, you know, with this group, if they can win #8 with Mark, they can win it without him.   Resiliency has become their identity. 

True, but, you know, with this group, if they can win #8 with Mark, they can win it without him.   Resiliency has become their identity. 

Has happened before, when 1st line center Mark Taylor went out with injury in 1980.

It was shared at the Sioux Sports social that this team has now won 97 games in their 4 years and that every group of freshmen since 2002 has won at least 100 games in their 4 years at UND. This team has a few more wins in them.

So glad you were there and that you paid attention. ;)

Yes, with three more victories, this year's seniors would become the tenth recruiting class in a row to win 100 games.

And the juniors have already collected 71 wins.

That's astounding.

Dave

Yeah I was at the 05 title game. That team didn't overcome those losses. We just need to hope this is one big rumor.

Didn't overcome those losses? That was an unbelievable accomplishment just getting to the title game. DU played outstanding and UND took a couple of bad penalties late in the game that made a 2-1 score look much worse as a 4-1 final.

Didn't overcome those losses? That was an unbelievable accomplishment just getting to the title game. DU played outstanding and UND took a couple of bad penalties late in the game that made a 2-1 score look much worse as a 4-1 final.

Not to forget the Erik Fabian goal that should've counted when replay clearly showed Mannino's glove with the puck inside the net past the goal line. That changed things big time.

?  No they didn't. Had those guys not been injured they would have had a better chance at winning that game...which is the objective.

If indeed he is out for a while, you lose one of your best penalty killers, face-off guy, finishers, and guy who has an incredible chemistry with Parks. Would be interesting to see Parks stats with and without Mac. Hopefully he can make it back at some point.

? No they didn't. Had those guys not been injured they would have had a better chance at winning that game...which is the objective.

Sheesh, give that team some effin' credit, would'ja? They watched a teammate get his head stuffed into the boards during the Final Five and promptly have a bunch of screws attached to his head for what, the next 6 months, yet the season's a failure because they didn't "overcome" that along with some other injuries and hang a banner? I'm stunned they won the Final Five 3rd place game that year, let alone put together 3 more wins after that en route to the national championship game. One of the gutsiest Sioux team performance I can ever recall, in my humble opinion, national championship or not.

• Upvote 2

Sheesh, give that team some effin' credit, would'ja? They watched a teammate get his head stuffed into the boards during the Final Five and promptly have a bunch of screws attached to his head for what, the next 6 months, yet the season's a failure because they didn't "overcome" that along with some other injuries and hang a banner? I'm stunned they won the Final Five 3rd place game that year, let alone put together 3 more wins after that en route to the national championship game. One of the gutsiest Sioux team performance I can ever recall, in my humble opinion, national championship or not.

Yeah, if there was any justice in this world, they would have won that last game. I feel the same way about the last team to wear the logo. That should have been the appropriate ending.....to beat Michigan and then win the national championship, and except for (I know,  I know) a hot goalie, that's what would've/should've happened. 

Yeah, if there was any justice in this world, they would have won that last game. I feel the same way about the last team to wear the logo. That should have been the appropriate ending.....to beat Michigan and then win the national championship, and except for (I know, I know) a hot goalie, that's what would've/should've happened.

Technically, the 2012 team was the last one to wear that uniform - at least until the NCAA tournament started. I get what you're saying though, because a title in 2012 would have been captured in Sioux-less jerseys.

Technically, the 2012 team was the last one to wear that uniform - at least until the NCAA tournament started. I get what you're saying though, because a title in 2012 would have been captured in Sioux-less jerseys.

I was thinking that, in that year, how the NCAA would have been cringing to see the logo in the national championship game and then winning it.