SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX vs. CC - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Kind of a sloppy game but sometimes you have to win that way. St. Clair looked really solid especially with how much time he has missed and I thought the move of Johnson worked pretty well tonight seemed like he had a little more jump and was more involved. Need to cut down on the turnovers going forward some of them were created by CC's trap but some were just careless errors and need to win more individual battles. Good matchup in Omaha next weekend hoping Olson and Stecher will be healthy and ready to go Friday.

Do they dress the same number on the road as at home?   Expecting Stecher to log a lot of minutes if he plays seems like a reach.

Only difference is at home the 3rd goalie dresses and on the road he doesn't. Having Poolman up at forward and being able to move him back to D in certain situations makes it easier to limit some minutes but I'm sure they will make sure Stecher is 100% before he gets in the lineup again.

1.  CC doesn't suck.  You can understand now how they split with Omaha, they will take points from other teams in the next month, and they will be a tough playoff matchup for someone.

2.  If that's the patsy, the league is nasty.

3.  It's often said this team is short on skilled forwards, but to say that is to forget Caggiula, who is right up there with the most skilled guys the team has had in a while.  Fast, can dangle, great hands, aggressive.  He might just be one of very few little guys who can make it at the next level.

4.  Even though CC was really quite impressive, its poor record made this a PWR trap the Sioux managed to avoid.

5.  What a nice player Poganski is, and what a beast he'll be.

Only difference is at home the 3rd goalie dresses and on the road he doesn't. Having Poolman up at forward and being able to move him back to D in certain situations makes it easier to limit some minutes but I'm sure they will make sure Stecher is 100% before he gets in the lineup again.

Poolman could probably step in for the 3rd goalie if asked.  Just saying.  He is so versatile.

I'm sure CC is already getting tired of moral victories but they've come a long way. I liked how they didn't roll over once it became 4-2. I think they will play the spoiler role quite well the rest of the way down the stretch. Next week, St. Cloud comes to the Springs. Go UND and go Tigers!

I always feel like calling him and saying, "Really? After Goth...you might as well just finish with berg and then correct yourself."

He does that all the time, then tools the anecdote of him changing his name in the off season, pulls it like it what he wanted to do all along and nobody will notice.

Which is kind of like crapping ones pants and thinking nobody will notice if one just pulls the shirt down a bit more.

He isn't really "behind the times"...he just keeps forgetting!

My fav mispronunciations are tv announcers from the Frozen Fours...such as Mike Pritch (Prpich) and Joe Finely (Finley) or T.J. Osay (Oshie).

Some of hammers best..... or worst....

Grimaldo

McMilliams

Juydne Myorken (Rube Bjorkman) and thats as best as anyone can symbolize with the English Alphabet the sounds he made on that one.

There have been alot more too....I can understand the team coming in for the weekend having a couple of sylable manglers but damn.

Grimaldo

McMilliams

Juydne Myorken (Rube Bjorkman) and thats as best as anyone can symbolize with the English Alphabet the sounds he made on that one.

There have been alot more too....I can understand the team coming in for the weekend having a couple of sylable manglers but damn.

Oh boy....its 2015 DUDE!  There's been very LITTLE bitching about Hammer this (3rd) season since he's been the voice of UND Hockey - except from you!  Love Hammer or hate him - he is it. and YEAH we know where you stand:-(

FYI - Sweeney is currently reporting on ice cream socials and other fund raising fun for the University.  He is OUT of sports now and forever...no one cares about him anymore.  Give it up!   

I thought Mattson had a hell of a game tonight

Mattson deserved to be the odd D out when everyone was healthy, but he has been very good since being back in the lineup with Stecher out. I don't think he'll sit again, nor will Poolman. So, Poolman may play the same role he does now when Stecher is back. Panz probably has to sit, just too many good D in front of him.

Oh boy....its 2015 DUDE! There's been very LITTLE bitching about Hammer this (3rd) season since he's been the voice of UND Hockey - except from you! Love Hammer or hate him - he is it. and YEAH we know where you stand:-(

FYI - Sweeney is currently reporting on ice cream socials and other fund raising fun for the University. He is OUT of sports now and forever...no one cares about him anymore. Give it up!

He's not the only way one. Maybe the only one on here lately. My entire family gets a chuckle still out of the midco broadcast. And after seeing how professional the CBS production is it really puts things into perspective.

Agree. Jordan was also very good. Thompson and Panz really struggled last night.

That was as good as LJ has played in weeks. NS still isn't playing close to his talent. Whoever suggested that in the Friday game thread that he already has passed Rocco as a college player is ________ (take your pick). Colton is such a huge upgrade over Murphy. Pogs is becoming a flat out beast. He has some Brad Malone to his game. Parks had a terrific weekend. Right now Poolman is so frickin good it's scary to think what he will do if he sticks around for 4 years.

It's real interesting to watch JS when he's challenged to either skate hard or muscle the puck along boards.   We know how good his is with the puck at the blue line or in open ice, but I have been skeptical about his ability to perform at the next level when he has to beat people with speed or muscle.  He seems too thin to win the muscle games in the NHL, but lately he has really shown his ability to battle on the wall and get the puck out, and not just with his stick work.   It might be my imagination, but he is stepping up in that area.  

It would be nice if he decided he needs another year to develop (and build some body mass), but he's definitely developing now.  I don't think I've ever seen a Sioux defensive corps with as much skill across the board as they have this year.  

Mattson deserved to be the odd D out when everyone was healthy, but he has been very good since being back in the lineup with Stecher out. I don't think he'll sit again, nor will Poolman. So, Poolman may play the same role he does now when Stecher is back. Panz probably has to sit, just too many good D in front of him.

what about ausmus?

what about ausmus?

Ausmus is definitely in. Am I mis-counting?

Poolman stays at forward and the point on the pp. But would still like his shot from the point even strength. He has been a good addition to the first line, however.

Agree. Jordan was also very good. Thompson and Panz really struggled last night.

That was as good as LJ has played in weeks. NS still isn't playing close to his talent. Whoever suggested that in the Friday game thread that he already has passed Rocco as a college player is ________ (take your pick). Colton is such a huge upgrade over Murphy. Pogs is becoming a flat out beast. He has some Brad Malone to his game. Parks had a terrific weekend. Right now Poolman is so frickin good it's scary to think what he will do if he sticks around for 4 years.

Poolman has impressed- he is very old...he's a year older than Cagguila...Poolman is actually 2 months older than Johnny Gaudreau!

Love Mattson on the offensive side of the ice but he's still making a few d zone plays a game that make me cringe. Last night one in particular was passing a puck directly to a CC player. CC player proceeds to blow by him creating a 2 on 1. Ladue slides in at the last second to break it up with a great play.

Grimaldo

McMilliams

I think the reason I catch more mistakes from Hammer than Sweeney, is because when the action got fast and furious Sweeney's voice got so high my Golden Retriever was the only one in the room capable of hearing any mispronunciations.

Hammer's doing pretty good.... He's improved a lot.

Rocco and Nick really aren't the same type of player at all but if forced to pick one to be in the lineup I would still pick Nick even with the way he has been struggling a little lately. Nick is much more of a setup guy and playmaker while Rocco was basically able to create with his speed and had trouble finishing. Nick is much better along the walls and doesn't turn the puck over near as much as Rocco did I also think Nick is better in the defensive zone than Rocco ever was. I thought Nick looked more involved and had better jump this weekend but it just seemed like he couldn't really get the puck to settle on his stick this weekend even though he did have an assist last night.

Rocco and Nick really aren't the same type of player at all but if forced to pick one to be in the lineup I would still pick Nick even with the way he has been struggling a little lately. Nick is much more of a setup guy and playmaker while Rocco was basically able to create with his speed and had trouble finishing. Nick is much better along the walls and doesn't turn the puck over near as much as Rocco did I also think Nick is better in the defensive zone than Rocco ever was. I thought Nick looked more involved and had better jump this weekend but it just seemed like he couldn't really get the puck to settle on his stick this weekend even though he did have an assist last night.

Nick doesn't make the same impact, yet.

Ausmus is definitely in. Am I mis-counting?

Poolman stays at forward and the point on the pp. But would still like his shot from the point even strength. He has been a good addition to the first line, however.

I'm actually hoping they move poolman back to the point. He is so much better at D (but he can play F). Top flight D man. Put caggs with mark and Mac and go back to the chyzk schmaltz Luke line.

It's real interesting to watch JS when he's challenged to either skate hard or muscle the puck along boards.   We know how good his is with the puck at the blue line or in open ice, but I have been skeptical about his ability to perform at the next level when he has to beat people with speed or muscle.  He seems too thin to win the muscle games in the NHL, but lately he has really shown his ability to battle on the wall and get the puck out, and not just with his stick work.   It might be my imagination, but he is stepping up in that area.  

It would be nice if he decided he needs another year to develop (and build some body mass), but he's definitely developing now.  I don't think I've ever seen a Sioux defensive corps with as much skill across the board as they have this year.

agree 100%. Im starting to think there is a small chance we see him back. He is still thin and probably needs to put on 15 more lbs to play in the nhl. He has the talent but must get bigger.