SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC

AZSIOUX

St. Clair has an upper body injury. According to Brad, Stecher is skating on  his own again.

And didn't someone post on twitter that Olson was skating this week?

I think Hammer mentioned that Olson would return to practice this week during one of the broadcasts this weekend.

Unless Olson has some real minor form of mono, I expect him to be in and out for a while.  Those relapse-like sick/weak days can be hard on a kid.  My stepdaughter had it as a HS senior, and it seemed to take forever before those days were completely over.

I agree....he might be back at practice, but I doubt he is involved with any contact.

Unless Olson has some real minor form of mono, I expect him to be in and out for a while.  Those relapse-like sick/weak days can be hard on a kid.  My stepdaughter had it as a HS senior, and it seemed to take forever before those days were completely over.

You're probably right, but Olson is a college athlete and has some of the best doctors, athletic trainers, nutritionists and equipment in the area readily available to him. Not sure of the ins and outs of mono, but I'm assuming Olson will be able to recuperate easier than most.

You're probably right, but Olson is a college athlete and has some of the best doctors, athletic trainers, nutritionists and equipment in the area readily available to him. Not sure of the ins and outs of mono, but I'm assuming Olson will be able to recuperate easier than most.

The dangerous part of mono is that it can cause an enlarged spleen and make it very susceptible to injury, which is extremely serious. That would be of more concern than the tiredness part.

The dangerous part of mono is that it can cause an enlarged spleen and make it very susceptible to injury, which is extremely serious. That would be of more concern than the tiredness part.

Isn't Mono something that you just have to rest and let it play it's course?

Isn't Mono something that you just have to rest and let it play it's course?

That is it. Unfortunately, you can be over the tiredness part but not the enlarged spleen part at the same time. And once you have mono, you always have mono. It can rear its ugly head any time you get very tired. Even years later. Mine reactivated about a year after I had it the first time.

That is it. Unfortunately, you can be over the tiredness part but not the enlarged spleen part at the same time. And once you have mono, you always have mono. It can rear its ugly head any time you get very tired. Even years later. Mine reactivated about a year after I had it the first time.

I had it my junior year of high school.  I was out a few days (that I remember) but I still practiced the next week.  I missed about two weeks of games though.  I remember I took awhile to feel 100% but two weeks was all I remember.

I had it my junior year of high school.  I was out a few days (that I remember) but I still practiced the next week.  I missed about two weeks of games though.  I remember I took awhile to feel 100% but two weeks was all I remember.

That can vary from person to person.  One of the main side-effects of mono is an enlarged spleen.  Once enlarged it can burst much more easily.  If Olson had that issue, they wouldn't allow him to have contact until the swelling goes down.  It's possible you didn't have to go through that.

I had mono after my senior year of high school and I won't only really down for a couple days, but you really do have to be careful about making sure you get enough sleep.  If you push yourself too hard too soon it definitely can relapse.