SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs cold dogs saturday gameday thread

gfhockey

Pattyn must have really stung him good with that left hook to the full helmet cage. Owie!

It looked like Pattyn hit the side of Johnson's mask, kind of like Pattyn missed where he wanted to hit Johnson.

Man, surprised me UMD got so chippy tonight when the started losing/knowing the game was out of reach.  Reminds me of another Minnie team.  Sioux were down and out last night with maybe 7-8 min left in game but it didn't get chippy, they handled it like men. The Dawgs are down by 3 late tonight and they just want to get cheap and scrap.  Not good losers I guess.

I'm not, Duluth is a very cheap and chippy team they're ranked 6th in the NCAA in penalty minutes.

not my take. Pattyn didn't hit him that hard. That kid looked like Ricky hit him. Pattyn deserved hus penaltyn but that kid went down like he'd been knocked out. Imo he got what he deserved

Watched the replay, you're right, tries to make it look like a knock out, but gets up and tries to fight from behind the referee. Was this the gophers?

not my take. Pattyn didn't hit him that hard. That kid looked like Ricky hit him. Pattyn deserved hus penaltyn but that kid went down like he'd been knocked out. Imo he got what he deserved

Wow.....when I try to post from my phone it looks like I'm really drunk.   I'm going to have to take away my phone posting priviledges.  That's embarrassing.

Watched the replay, you're right, tries to make it look like a knock out, but gets up and tries to fight from behind the referee. Was this the gophers?

I've always liked Duluth as kind of my Plan B college team but it's a little harder today, after reading reactions to Friday's game and then watching last night.   Pattyn was going to take that guy apart if he hadn't passed out from fright.

Wow.....when I try to post from my phone it looks like I'm really drunk. I'm going to have to take away my phone posting priviledges. That's embarrassing.

No kidding, and doing it drunk like gfh, who apparently can't spell sober, is even worse.

Rumor has it DHG was the cause of those sores that were all over Andy welinskis mouth and face.

Correct....and DHG got it from his wife who, rumor has it, has an affinity for "white trash hillbillies". Guess what goes around, comes around. One word of advice for DHG....Augmentin.

• Upvote 3

Kudos to OD with the hat trick. His games has simply been much better as the season has gone on. If everyone is healthy I still don't feel Murphy should see the ice much but to his credit last night was easily his best game in a UND sweater. Panz was a +3 last night. He needs more ice time IMO. Zane was very good both nights. UMD is really good.

• Upvote 1

Kudos to OD with the hat trick. His games has simply been much better as the season has gone on. If everyone is healthy I still don't feel Murphy should see the ice much but to his credit last night was easily his best game in a UND sweater. Panz was a +3 last night. He needs more ice time IMO. Zane was very good both nights. UMD is really good.

Many of us were questioning why OD should be on the ice late last year and early this year.   It looks like what the coaches saw in practice is bearing fruit.   Now, if Murphy would start coming around like that . . . .

Many of us were questioning why OD should be on the ice late last year and early this year. It looks like what the coaches saw in practice is bearing fruit. Now, if Murphy would start coming around like that . . . .

OD was on the top line Friday. Lower 6 role last night...4th line. He definitely tends to play better when he is in a lower 6 role. His skill set gives him more of an advantage for success when he is in those 3rd or 4th line matchups.

OD was on the top line Friday. Lower 6 role last night...4th line. He definitely tends to play better when he is in a lower 6 role. His skill set gives him more of an advantage for success when he is in those 3rd or 4th line matchups.

Makes sense to me.

If OD is better on a lower line, should Hak keep Poolman at forward and on that top line and keep OD down on 3rd/4th line? That way we can get Panz more ice time and then Stecher slides right back in when he's healthy. 

If OD is better on a lower line, should Hak keep Poolman at forward and on that top line and keep OD down on 3rd/4th line? That way we can get Panz more ice time and then Stecher slides right back in when he's healthy. 

I'm not sure the plan is for Poolman to be at forward, but when a couple of our forwards that could normally slot into that spot have been quiet lately, it seems like the best temporary solution. 

IMHO, need to definitely keep OD on lower line, he just doesn't seem to gel with mark and mike. Would rather see Sanderson than Murphy.

I like the way OD and Gaarder play together. Thought the same thing last year. 

Has anyone heard what St Clair's injury is and the severity of it? It's not as completely obvious and blatant like Stecher's absence, but his absence is starting to become more noticeable for me as well. 

UMD's Derick Johnson was seen earlier this week at Snap Fitness in Duluth working on his boxing skills in preparation for the UND series...

tumblr_nfi8v6K1kk1svxaato1_250.gif   Hilariously funny !    Johnson took an all out swan dive ....... embellishment is an understatement.

• Upvote 1