SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud - Saturday GAMEDAY

gfhockey

I was at daughters HS play so just checking in.  Did the Sioux deserve carry the play for the most part and deserve the win?  I know they were up two - nil early so it appears they managed to at least hang on and grab the win.  Seeing earlier threads, it appears Zane let in two he maybe should of had or at least had one of the two (nobody's perfect).

I was at daughters HS play so just checking in. Did the Sioux deserve carry the play for the most part and deserve the win? I know they were up two - nil early so it appears they managed to at least hang on and grab the win. Seeing earlier threads, it appears Zane let in two he maybe should of had or at least had one of the two (nobody's perfect).

Sioux were the better team, should have won by more

Sounded like a pretty solid game from the Sioux tonight although the final score was probably closer than it should have been. The all freshman line seemed to play pretty well and I really like the size, skill, and physicality of Olson and Poganski on the same line and Simonson seems like a solid fit in the middle of that line.

Overall, a very entertaining game with lots of chances both ways.  UND had great puck possession this game, and it led to an abundance of opportunities.  But how do you blow a 3-on-0?!?!?!?!

I think most of us expected a split, but I'm glad to see the win be so positive after such a lackluster loss.

Poolman looked pretty natural at forward.  He's great as a defensemen, but it's nice to know we have that option.

I'm glad OD turned his game around after the penalty last night.  That was a pure sniper goal, and he was looking at St. Clair (not the net) when he shot.  

Pretty exciting game for Olson.  He's worked hard every shift, so it was nice to see him rewarded for that.

Neutralizing Brodzinski was a very large part of reducing SCSU's chances.

Overall, a very entertaining game with lots of chances both ways.  UND had great puck possession this game, and it led to an abundance of opportunities.  But how do you blow a 3-on-0?!?!?!?!

I think most of us expected a split, but I'm glad to see the win be so positive after such a lackluster loss.

Poolman looked pretty natural at forward.  He's great as a defensemen, but it's nice to know we have that option.

I'm glad OD turned his game around after the penalty last night.  That was a pure sniper goal, and he was looking at St. Clair (not the net) when he shot.  

Pretty exciting game for Olson.  He's worked hard every shift, so it was nice to see him rewarded for that.

Neutralizing Brodzinski was a very large part of reducing SCSU's chances.

I think a lot of times you are worse off with a 3-on-0 than a breakaway or 2-on-0 just because you try to make sure everyone touches the puck and it slows you down a lot of times and takes away the rhythm you have. Agreed on Olson and a couple goals seemed like a real nice 21st birthday present for him I just hope he stays in the lineup consistently now.

Sounded like a pretty solid game from the Sioux tonight although the final score was probably closer than it should have been. The all freshman line seemed to play pretty well and I really like the size, skill, and physicality of Olson and Poganski on the same line and Simonson seems like a solid fit in the middle of that line.

Imagine four years down the road if this line stays together and keeps developing. 

My 3 stars...Olson, OD and Caggs

I thought Poganski was outstanding tonight - he had an extra gear on every one of his shifts.  He was announced as the 2nd star (Olson 1st and Benik 3rd). Schloss commented a few weeks ago that Poganski could be a difference maker in the second half of the season. Hopefully this was an early coming out party.  

OD also had a great game. His first period laser was Kozek-like.

Was at the game tonight.  The Sioux crowd was great.  I hope all of you could hear the Sioux cheers throughout the game.  I never thought that I would see a Sioux crowd take over on St. Cloud ice.

After being a beast all over the ice on Friday night, Brodzinski literally disappeared on Saturday night.  Great job by the Sioux to neutralize him.

I did not see the line charts before the game and was getting a little upset with Poolman until I finally realized he was playing forward.

Blame the missed 3-0 on O'D.  He could have had the easy tap in, but got his body out of position and was not ready for the puck.

I was surprised O'D was back on the ice the second period.  That was an ugly head into the boards collision.  For sure I thought it could have been called a boarding penalty as it seemed to me O'D was in that danger zone of being far enough from the boards that they would not hold him up but near enough to be driven into them at a dangerous angle.

Fun game, great win for the Sioux.  Unfortunately, they don't get any easier.

Does anyone know which players Hakstol sat on Saturday after Friday's loss?

Olson doesn't seem to need reminding to crash the net and go hard every shift. Other players you need to drill it into their heads, but it seems instinctive with him or he's been well-coached. Physique and playing style like Mark Recchi..

Olson doesn't seem to need reminding to crash the net and go hard every shift. Other players you need to drill it into their heads, but it seems instinctive with him or he's been well-coached. Physique and playing style like Mark Recchi..

Chyzk out due to injury, Olson in. Mattson in, Poolman moved to forward. No performance based changes.

It appears to me that Murphy likely sat for "incentive" purposes or maybe just to shake things up a bit.  Moving Poolman to fwd covered his spot.  Olson in for the injured Chyzk looked like an even trade, at least for this game.  Mattson took Poolman's spot (from Fri night) on the blue line.

Chyzk out due to injury, Olson in. Mattson in, Poolman moved to forward. No performance based changes.

Thanks.

Any reviews on how Poolman did at forward? I suppose that was done because he would be less of a liability at forward while he gets used to the college game.

Can't imagine Olson being a healthy scratch again considering how hard he plays on all his shifts..