SiouxSports.com Forum

Offensive Coordinator

Meat man 01

My question is: is the problem Molberg or is the problem Rudolph?

Molberg, it doesn't matter what you draw up if the quarterback only completes 2 passes the entire game. There is constantly 8 or 9 guys in the box which for a bad offensive line makes life awful. We don't need to be a great passing team, but you do need to complete enough to keep the defense honest. Until we can consistently complete a pass our running game will always be trash.

Molberg, it doesn't matter what you draw up if the quarterback only completes 2 passes the entire game. There is constantly 8 or 9 guys in the box which for a bad offensive line makes life awful. We don't need to be a great passing team, but you do need to complete enough to keep the defense honest. Until we can consistently complete a pass our running game will always be trash.

Seven. S-E-V-E-N pass plays called the entire game. Hard to be the problem when you're just handing off the ball.

• Upvote 2

What I saw in particular with our QB is that he barely has any confidence in his own passing right now...We had multiple opportunities for big gains if the QB made the pass.  I also saw extreme stupidity in his interception pass where he rolls to his right and throws, while running, behind his intended receiver which results in a tipped ball.  I also think if we are going to make progress on the offensive side we are going to have to make shorter passing plays 0-10 yards to a TE to compliment the rushing game and also help build Mollberg's confidence.  If we keep with a conservative offensive scheme then we will need to get use to scoring less than 7 points a game with the current Big Sky schedule...

Seven. S-E-V-E-N pass plays called the entire game. Hard to be the problem when you're just handing off the ball.

Based of what we have seen this year from Molberg, there is a reason why. He can't complete passes or stop the turnover problem, and holds the ball to long when he does throw. Right now he is like a lost puppy out there, give him a break as his head isn't there right now.

Based of what we have seen this year from Molberg, there is a reason why. He can't complete passes or stop the turnover problem, and holds the ball to long when he does throw. Right now he is like a lost puppy out there, give him a break as his head isn't there right now.

maybe the next few defesenses we face will give him a break if we ask nicely. 

We can talk about the O-line, the QB play, the running game, the play calling, ect...........bottom line is UND's highest scoring output to date in a game is 16 points which came vs RM.  IMO scoring 16 points will not allow UND to win a single game in the BSC.

We can talk about the O-line, the QB play, the running game, ect...........bottom line is UND's highest scoring output to date in a game is 16 which was vs RM.  IMO scoring 16 points will not allow UND to win a single game in the BSC.

Only 2 opponents scored less than 16 points last year, Portland State and Valpo.   UND's BSC opponents (including UM which was an OOC opponent) scored: 55, 63, 25, 35, 31, 14, 48, 21, and 34. Now thats with our bad Muss-led defense. Maybe those scores will be lower this year, but that offense needs to get something, anything going.  

I did notice that St. Cloud got shut out by Sioux Falls on Saturday. Did Mussman's offense this year at St. Cloud lose a lot of players from last years team at St. Cloud?

Uh, you said "Mussman" and "Sioux Falls" in the same breath and you're surprised at the outcome? ;):D  :( 

I know this is an Offensive Coordinator thread.......but I just got back from the UCLA - ASU game.....if Schmidt is looking for a pay raise he should apply as the ASU Defensive coordinator.  At least the Sioux defense is now fundamentally sound....thank goodness.  For ASU being #15 in the country, they couldn't tackle.....blew coverages....late hit out of bounds, that was a seriously ugly defensive game.  

Perhaps Mussman has a perpetual issue with making decisions on quarterbacks - they lost an all conference one from last year so are dealing with rotating between a transfer drop down and a rookie (not sure what year but he had taken few snaps last year). St. Cloud is middle of the pack - blows out the lower tier and gets blown out by the upper tier. They play the Upper Iowa Peacocks this weekend (I'd rather be playing Montana and facing a blow out than the Peacocks and a romp).

Saw a story that his two sons are on one of the St. Cloud high school teams - one playing tight end, one playing on the line.