SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 4: UND vs. Stony Brook Seawolves

homer

Bubba reviews Missouri State game and previews tomorrow's game against Stony Brook

Stony Brooks's last game (Sept. 13) against DII American International

Looks like Stony Brook has 1 good running back, 1 serviceable running back, and 1 running back with a piano on his back.  In Schmitty I trust. 

Looks like Stony Brook has 1 good running back, 1 serviceable running back, and 1 running back with a piano on his back.  In Schmitty I trust. 

Guessing the good one you're talkinga bout is UMass transfer Stacey Bedell.  They also have former Iowa running back Marcus Coker who is coming off an injury last year.  Made waves in the B1G while he was at Iowa for two years, he has some talent as well.

Sounds like the RB situation will look more like the last quarter of the game the MSU game than the half.  Finally going to see what a 220lb+ running back looks like.  Rudolph also made it very clear that there is no QB controversy, Mollberg is the guy.   

Also sounds like Reyes will be back to help anchor the secondary.  Good week for him to come back to help provide some run support.

It will be interesting to see Norberg get some reps at rb.  I didn't get to watch the game but seeing his highlights, he could be the type of back we need right now with an OL struggling to make running lanes.

I agree; albeit against the second sting defense of Missouri State, Norberg looked pretty good with his carries last game. He may be a nice compliment to Shaugabay and eventually Simmons. All in all, Garman needs to take a backseat to the other running backs. 

Stony Brook's leading rusher will sit out this game but they still have two very good one's that will get some reps.

Really sounds like their offense is seeing the same struggles as ours has been with keeping drives going (or getting them started). 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/sbu-offensive-linemen-cody-precht-mike-lisi-have-key-roles-against-north-dakota-1.9349379

Gameday!!!!! Lets do this! Things Im looking for: 5 or less penalties. No false starts. Better special teams than last week.

I hope mollberg gets to start with dink and dunk to get started. Do some rollouts, make him only read half the field. Since he is turnover prone, make his "oh crap!!!" Reflex to tuck it away. He's probably a stronger runner than he is a shifty runner, just pull it down and lean forward. If he gets hit, he has to get two hands on the ball and hold onto it. He can't fumble anymore on sacks. Its a tougher thing to ask, but we just dont have the margin of error to allow that.

The olb's need to have a better game. Their running game looks good, we can't give up off tackle. AND we dont want to set-up playaction. Weve looked lost a handfull of times against playaction.

Hoka hey! Get 'em boys

Stony Brook's leading rusher will sit out this game but they still have two very good one's that will get some reps.

Really sounds like their offense is seeing the same struggles as ours has been with keeping drives going (or getting them started). 

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/sbu-offensive-linemen-cody-precht-mike-lisi-have-key-roles-against-north-dakota-1.9349379

I would call the back sitting out very good. Their remaining backs are.........good, not great. I like that SB is shuffling their line around. I think we will confuse them some.

I would call the back sitting out very good. Their remaining backs are.........good, not great. I like that SB is shuffling their line around. I think we will confuse them some.

Both defenses will likely play tough; the game will most likely come down to turnovers. That is, Mollberg needs to have his act together and the defense needs to strip/pick off the ball.