SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

The UAB faculty seems to be incensed by its President and the UA board.  It has brought a no confidence vote to the faculty senate.  The UAB Faculty Athletic Representative didn't even know about the decision to shut down football until the morning of the announcement.  There is talk that UAB will bring back football in a couple of years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/uab-faculty-senate-approves-draft-of--no-confidence--resolution-against-president-130518212.html

A nice synopsis of why dropping football is a losing proposition for UAB and why WKU went FBS, when it claimed it was losing money in football.

https://sports.vice.com/article/screw-the-math-uab-can-afford-football-so-why-is-it-choosing-otherwise?utm_vicesportstwitter

From the csn cusa board on the events that transpired:

- UAB starts football under Gene Bartow as a club program.
- Somehow they sneaked it past the UT Board to get it DIII.
- NCAA changes their rules so UAB has a legit reason to move to DI now.
- UA Board is pissed, only Roll Tide can has da fusball!
- Gene Bartow snitches on Roll Tide coaches for funny recruiting practices. Invokes da Bear's name in starting some of the funny recruiting.
- Baby Bear who somehow is on the UT Board get's pissed.
- Baby Bear says: NO STADIUM FOR YOU DRAGONS! ROLL TIDE!
- Gene Bartow passes away.
- Baby Bear and UT Board crew fire UAB Pro-football Pres.
- Hires lacky from the med school to be new UAB Pres.
- New UAB Pres. downgrades UAB Honors Program for no apparent reason.
- New UAB Pres. commissions report to tell him its OK to can football like Baby Bear wants.
- Football gets canned.
- Baby Bear gets to retire getting his revenge against a dead man at the expense of UAB football fans, coaches, players and the City of Birmingham.

• Upvote 1

...which probably means that he is inking a contract with Michigan while I type this and will be introduced as the Wolverines' new head coach at 9:00am tomorrow morning.[/quote

You're most likely correct. Being that a week ago Pellini was claiming the Youngstown deal was a fabrication and that guy wasn't employed so he had nobody to really lie to.

Les Miles turned down the Michigan job the last time it was available, didn't he? I think LSU fans can be pretty certain he isn't going anywhere or at least he isn't going to Michigan.

Miles and Brandon don't like each other, now Brandon is gone as the Michigan AD. I've heard the Les Miles wanted to coach at Michigan but Brandon wasn't going to hired him.

The Bowl Season kicks off on Saturday. This year there are four new Bowls: the Bahamas Bowl, the Boca Raton Bowl, the Miami Beach Bowl, and the Camellia Bowl, with more joining next year. A lot of bowl games have new names too.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

UND won the Camellia Bowl in 1972. :)

Memphis wins in double ot.

Then a brawl broke out.

Big time brawl looked like a Memphis player threw the first punch but I'd think fighting is probably a violation of BYU's honor code and there is a chance some guys could be kicked out of school. I'm still trying to figure out why BYU's coach used 2 of his timeouts right before the game tying extra point when they had about a minute left to try to drive for a game winning field goal and those timeouts could have been valuable.

Big time brawl looked like a Memphis player threw the first punch but I'd think fighting is probably a violation of BYU's honor code and there is a chance some guys could be kicked out of school. I'm still trying to figure out why BYU's coach used 2 of his timeouts right before the game tying extra point when they had about a minute left to try to drive for a game winning field goal and those timeouts could have been valuable.

45 seconds and 3 TO's they could've drove down the field with no problem.

USC running up and down the field at will against Nebraska...can the Cornhuskers finally retire the "Blackshirts" defense schpeel?

The word is spiel I believe.

They'll be back... At some point. I'm thinking they should put the shirts away and make them earn it back.

I'm not a big Nebraska fan but I do support college football royalty. College football is significantly better when Nebraska, Michigan, ND, Oklahoma etc. are relevant.

The word is spiel I believe.

They'll be back... At some point. I'm thinking they should put the shirts away and make them earn it back.

I'm not a big Nebraska fan but I do support college football royalty. College football is significantly better when Nebraska, Michigan, ND, Oklahoma etc. are relevant.

I think NU will be back, maybe not a national contender right away but they will climb their way back.