SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

Notre Dame wins with a 32 yd FG as time expires. LSU going for the fake FG at the end of the 1st half and not getting points comes back to haunt them although in fairness to Miles it sure looked like the runner got the ball to the goal line and should have been ruled a TD on the fake FG.

Agreed.  The blocked 22 yd FG also killed them.  Their D didn't come to play today until the second half when it was a tad too late.  I though Les attempted to use too much trickery.  They should have closed out ND much earlier. Somewhat of an embarrassing loss for LSU.  ND is better than their record however I thought LSU should have been able to win.

In all fairness to ND, their lefty QB looked pretty good.  Unpolished but good; much better then their typical starter.

Agreed.  The blocked 22 yd FG also killed them.  Their D didn't come to play today until the second half when it was a tad too late.  I though Les attempted to use too much trickery.  They should have closed out ND much earlier. Somewhat of an embarrassing loss for LSU.  ND is better than their record however I thought LSU should have been able to win.

In all fairness to ND, their lefty QB looked pretty good.  Unpolished but good; much better then their typical starter.

Agree especially on the trickery I thought LSU should have got Fournette some more touches too believe he only had 11 carries and he is so dangerous every time he touches the ball.

Agree especially on the trickery I thought LSU should have got Fournette some more touches too believe he only had 11 carries and he is so dangerous every time he touches the ball.

I was thinking the same think.  The kid is a potential home run every time he touches the ball.  Time of possession killed LSU.  With their terrible QB play if they don't win in the trenches they're a long shot usually.

Georgia puts a smackdown on Louisville...3 point loss to South Carolina, 6 point loss to Georgia Tech...inexplicable 18 point loss to a bad Florida team...10-3 is a good record, but oh, what could have been for this year's Bulldogs.

You do mean "bad" in comparison to a normal FLA team, correct?  They are not a bad college football team.  They beat Georgia, barely lost to FSU, and barely lost to LSU.  They weren't terrible...6-5 isn't bad.  Just not very good considering the circumstances :).  No QB will do that to a team.

You do mean "bad" in comparison to a normal FLA team, correct? They are not a bad college football team. They beat Georgia, barely lost to FSU, and barely lost to LSU. They weren't terrible...6-5 isn't bad. Just not very good considering the circumstances :). No QB will do that to a team.

Way to cherry-pick their Super Bowl - a game they played knowing it was their coach's last too. You forgot to mention the 42-13 home beatdown at the hands of Missouri and the 42-21 thumping against the Crimson Tide. Absolutely no excuse for Georgia to give up 38 points to a team that attempted all of 3 passes in their first game after being shellacked by the Tigers. Georgia should have been better prepared for the game with Florida. Period.

By comparison, was Michigan a decent 5-7 team because they hung tough with Ohio State for 3 quarters?

Way to cherry-pick their Super Bowl - a game they played knowing it was their coach's last too. You forgot to mention the 42-13 home beatdown at the hands of Missouri and the 42-21 thumping against the Crimson Tide. Absolutely no excuse for Georgia to give up 38 points to a team that attempted all of 3 passes in their first game after being shellacked by the Tigers. Georgia should have been better prepared for the game with Florida. Period.

By comparison, was Michigan a decent 5-7 team because they hung tough with Ohio State for 3 quarters?

Maybe, but 5-7 is worse than 6-5 (and FLA has one game left).  Plus FLA's schedule was nasty.

Georgia is a very good team but they are not consistent whatsoever.  One week they look awesome the next they look terrible.  It is what it is.  But I would be more worried about a Georgia team than any in the Big10, other than maybe OSU.

Maybe, but 5-7 is worse than 6-5 (and FLA has one game left).  Plus FLA's schedule was nasty.

Georgia is a very good team but they are not consistent whatsoever.  One week they look awesome the next they look terrible.  It is what it is.  But I would be more worried about a Georgia team than any in the Big10, other than maybe OSU.

2014 Florida Gators schedule and results:

Eastern Michigan 65-0 W

Kentucky 36-30 W

@ Alabama 42-21 L

@ Tennessee 10-9 W

LSU 30-27 L

Missouri 42-13 L

Georgia (neutral site) 38-20 W

@ Vanderbilt 34-10 W

South Carolina 23-20 L

Eastern Kentucky 52-3 W

@ FSU 24-19 L

I'm not sure what about that schedule is so nasty.  Outside of Florida State, their non-conference opponents were awful. 

As for Georgia, a 10-3 team certainly can't look terrible one week and awesome the next week, can it? 

2014 Georgia Bulldogs schedule and results:

Clemson 45-21 W

@ South Carolina 38-35 L

Troy 66-0 W

Tennessee 35-32 W

Vanderbilt 44-17 W

@ Missouri 34-0 W

@ Arkansas 45-32 W

Florida (neutral site) 38-20 L

@ Kentucky 63-31 W

Auburn 34-7 W

Charleston Southern 55-9 W

Georgia Tech 30-24 L

Belk Bowl:  Louisville 37-14 W

Pretty impressive, outside of the 3 hiccups.  The South Carolina game I can see as the Gamecocks were coming off a home thrashing at the hands of Texas A&M and the Georgia Tech game can happen.  The loss this season to the Gators was simply stunning to me.

2014 Florida Gators schedule and results:

Eastern Michigan 65-0 W

Kentucky 36-30 W

@ Alabama 42-21 L

@ Tennessee 10-9 W

LSU 30-27 L

Missouri 42-13 L

Georgia (neutral site) 38-20 W

@ Vanderbilt 34-10 W

South Carolina 23-20 L

Eastern Kentucky 52-3 W

@ FSU 24-19 L

I'm not sure what about that schedule is so nasty. Outside of Florida State, their non-conference opponents were awful.

As for Georgia, a 10-3 team certainly can't look terrible one week and awesome the next week, can it?

2014 Georgia Bulldogs schedule and results:

Clemson 45-21 W

@ South Carolina 38-35 L

Troy 66-0 W

Tennessee 35-32 W

Vanderbilt 44-17 W

@ Missouri 34-0 W

@ Arkansas 45-32 W

Florida (neutral site) 38-20 L

@ Kentucky 63-31 W

Auburn 34-7 W

Charleston Southern 55-9 W

Georgia Tech 30-24 L

Belk Bowl: Louisville 37-14 W

Pretty impressive, outside of the 3 hiccups. The South Carolina game I can see as the Gamecocks were coming off a home thrashing at the hands of Texas A&M and the Georgia Tech game can happen. The loss this season to the Gators was simply stunning to me.

In Georgia's case, I meant the three hiccups. As far as FLAs schedule, Im talking about all games not just non conference games.

In Georgia's case, I meant the three hiccups. As far as FLAs schedule, Im talking about all games not just non conference games.

They have 5 in-common conference opponents (Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, Missouri, and Tennessee). Were LSU and Alabama that much more difficult for Florida than Arkansas and Auburn were for Georgia?

They have 5 in-common conference opponents (Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, Missouri, and Tennessee). Were LSU and Alabama that much more didficult for Florida than Arkansas and Auburn were for Georgia?

I'm starting to get confused as to the point of the debate. I'm an SEC fan, more specificaly an Alabama fan.

I'm starting to get confused as to the point of the debate. I'm an SEC fan, more specificaly an Alabama fan.

In the interest of full disclosure, while it's pretty well-known here that I'm a Michigan football fan, I also follow Georgia pretty closely and watch the Bulldogs any time they're on TV.

In the interest of full disclosure, while it's pretty well-known here that I'm a Michigan football fan, I also follow Georgia pretty closely and watch the Bulldogs any time they're on TV.

My man Spurrier loves playing them early in the season. Says it's almost a given some of their starters are missing the game via suspension.

• Upvote 1

My man Spurrier loves playing them early in the season. Says it's almost a given some of their starters are missing the game via suspension.

I always chuckled at Spurrier's dig at Tennessee when he was at Florida...

"Can't spell Citrus [as in the bowl game] without UT!"