SiouxSports.com Forum

FBS games

darell1976

Baylor's non-conference schedule sucked too. Easily worst of top 5.

The only reason Baylor or TCU were left out is because they have no political power.  Ohio State has ten times the fan base.  The selection team is afraid of the political power of the Big Ten and Ohio State.  The whole selection committee loses their jobs if the Pig 10 isn't satisfied.

If Texas or Oklahoma were in the same situation as Baylor, they would have gotten in and Ohio State would have been rightly kicked to the curb.

Ohio State is the only top six team with a bad home loss..

Was just gonna say...if the Big XII co-champions are Texas and Oklahoma, Urban and his boys are crying over their lunch right about now...

If Texas and Oklahoma were swapped in same scenario with Baylor and TCU last night... nothing changes.

You can't really believe that? Has Mark Emmert hi jacked your account?

So Texas (Baylor) or Oklahoma (TCU), who are again both co-champs, get in over OSU? Possibly but not likely. It was stated very early in this P5 tournament talk that WINNING your conference carries a lot of weight. Being a co-champion isn't winning a conference IMO. Until the Big 12 fixes that..............

So Texas (Baylor) or Oklahoma (TCU), who are again both co-champs, get in over OSU? Possibly but not likely. It was stated very early in this P5 tournament talk that WINNING your conference carries a lot of weight. Being a co-champion isn't winning a conference IMO. Until the Big 12 fixes that..............

The Pig 10 has two or three teams that are legitimate P5 teams. The rest would give the G5 a run for their money.

I think the Committee got it right.  OSU definitely passed the eye test last night.  Wisc is not a very good team whatsoever but to beat them 59-0....one could see that OSU is going to be a tough out.  Bama fan here, this one is going to be close.  I think I'd rather have them play FSU.

I think the Committee got it right. OSU definitely passed the eye test last night. Wisc is not a very good team whatsoever but to beat them 59-0....one could see that OSU is going to be a tough out. Bama fan here, this one is going to be close. I think I'd rather have them play FSU.

The one-game eye test can't beat the season-long smell test. And the Virginia Tech loss stinks. Bad.

The one-game eye test can't beat the season-long smell test. And the Virginia Tech loss stinks. Bad.

I get it...easily the worst loss out of this top 6.  But their team definitely got better.  Either way I was of the thinking that if it wasn't OSU it would have to be Baylor.  To be honest the difference between Baylor and OSU is very small to me.  Not enough to start thinking anyone made some huge mistake. OSU had better SOS overall (even though I do believe the Big10 is so overrated).

In the interest of full disclosure here, Oxbow6's late great-uncle was a guy by the name of Wayne Hayes...

No.....but Art Schlichter is a 2nd cousin.

Good thing OSU covered last night otherwise Mrs. Oxbow would have been PO'd.

FCS Format 

Autobid: (10 conference winners)

Memphis

Florida State

Baylor

Ohio St

Marshall

Northern Illinois

Boise State

Oregon

Alabama

Georgia Southern

6 other teams

Missouri

Arizona

Georgia Tech

TCU

Michigan State

Miss St.

Get rid of the bowls and have a real playoff.

I get it...easily the worst loss out of this top 6. But their team definitely got better. Either way I was of the thinking that if it wasn't OSU it would have to be Baylor. To be honest the difference between Baylor and OSU is very small to me. Not enough to start thinking anyone made some huge mistake. OSU had better SOS overall (even though I do believe the Big10 is so overrated).

Agree with all of this.

How long does it take for the Big 12 to expand now so they can have a title game? Who is it going to be? Probably BYU and who else?

If I were king for a day, this would be a six team playoff. 5 conference champs plus one at-large berth. Top two seeds get byes into the semis.

That's the problem, isn't it? Does Wisconsin deserve a bid after getting beat 59-0 in its conference title game? Arizona also got worked over by Oregon. And they beat Arizona State.

Honestly, this season, I think the playoffs should include six teams - Alabama and Oregon get a bye in Round 1. FSU plays Baylor and Ohio State plays TCU. Problem solved.

How long does it take for the Big 12 to expand now so they can have a title game? Who is it going to be? Probably BYU and who else?

If I were king for a day, this would be a six team playoff. 5 conference champs plus one at-large berth. Top two seeds get byes into the semis.

I crowned myself king earlier this morning and already decided that.  :)