SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

For msu, I don't think nerves played into it. It was strange as they got a roughing penalty in the first minute. Then an rit player went high and launched into an msu player and no penalty. Not saying either one was necessarily wrong, just that it set the tone. Msu out skates or were at least even with every tram they played this year including mn,umd,uno, and mtu.

Rit did a great job of clogging the ice up and not letting msu skate quick and fast. They dictated the transition game. Msu just sucked on their shots. I'd be interested to see what the shot attempts were for msu cause they missed the net a ton.

the worst part about it for msu is that it reinforced the uneducated opinions of msu and mtu's quality. They are so much better than they played today. Unfortunately, most people haven't gotten to see it this year.

The call sucked and IMO was ridiculous to overturn. If they called it the other way, I wouldn't have argued, just.don't think it was reverisble based upon the replay. Ncaa's explanation of the call makes it even more confusing.

Regardless, I'm proud of Our boys, I just har to see how it ended for this phenomenal senior class

• Upvote 1

I think DU makes it to the title game from that side of the bracket.

From what I've seen the past couple of days, UND is going to have to earn their 8th championship. That means no 10-minute lapses in the second period, no passengers, a lot of blocked shots, playing smart blah blah blah & wanting it more than their opponents. That championship trophy won't be placed at their feet, both the players and the coaches will have to want it more than their opponents.

Duluth/BU looked like it was played at twice the speed of RIT/Mankato

I thought I had eaten some tainted tofu & was hallucinating, but you're right, the difference in speed during both games was night & day. I don't think that speed differential was due to nerves...

From the sounds of it BU was given a gift of a powerplay that lead to the game winning goal. Heard that from a buddy of mine who lives out east and just so happens to ref hockey. NCAA fix in to get BU to the FF?

Well, since Operation BC Eagle went down in flames this afternoon, something had to be done, right?

so according to espn  mankato was the first number overall seed to lose in the first round.  don't they remember 2006 at the ralph.  also buccigross just said bu could be playing RIT in the semis in boston.  he must not be familiar with the brackets and how they work. 

From the sounds of it BU was given a gift of a powerplay that lead to the game winning goal. Heard that from a buddy of mine who lives out east and just so happens to ref hockey. NCAA fix in to get BU to the FF?

Borderline call. Shouldn't have been called tied so late in the game.

But, Boston University is the most awesomest ice hockey team in the history of intercollegiate athletics. So, it's all good...

Borderline call. Shouldn't have been called tied so late in the game.

But, Boston University is the most awesomest ice hockey team in the history of intercollegiate athletics. So, it's all good...

I thought they were called the eichels? Sounded like the announcers creamed themselves everyone he touched the puck.