SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

I finally got a chance to watch last Saturday's game between the Gophers and Badgers.

So after that knee-on-knee hit by the Badgers player, would Lucia now consider the rivalry in similar terms as UND?

You have to wonder, I don't remember that many suspensions between UND and UMN. This year alone, the UMN vs. UW series has resulted in three players being suspended four games. 

I mentioned it on the NHL thread that the Arizona Coyotes along with Arizona State are bidding on a Frozen Four.

http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/2/5/7989235/asu-arizona-state-sun-devil-hockey-frozen-four-2019-2020-ncaa

bd26f181dd37bdfb61b42bbc50804cf7_normal. Kevin Allen @ByKevinAllen  ·  4h 4 hours ago

Just told the Arizona Coyotes are bidding for the 2018 WJC and are planning to bid for a future Frozen Four.

rZnMJmLS_normal.png Justin Emerson @J15Emerson  ·  18m 18 minutes ago

Anderson confirmed ASU’s interest in bidding on a Frozen Four, saying it only made sense after SB XLIX, CFP championship game, Final Four

rZnMJmLS_normal.png Justin Emerson @J15Emerson  ·  17m 17 minutes ago

Anderson said ASU is interested in the 2019 or 2020 Frozen Four 2015: Boston 2016: Tampa 2017: Chicago 2018: Minnesota 2019: Phoenix?

rZnMJmLS_normal.png Justin Emerson @J15Emerson  ·  23m 23 minutes ago

On a new arena, still plenty of options, with three main ones: 1) New, on-campus multipart facility 2) Off0campus rink 3) Renovate WFA

I really don't see them ever landing the WJC, attendance would be horrible when compared with other US options.

That said, I bet they could get a F4 bid.  Especially now that ASU is NCAA.  If Tampa can get a bid, Phx certainly could.

Would be nice to have it so close!

I really don't see them ever landing the WJC, attendance would be horrible when compared with other US options.

That said, I bet they could get a F4 bid.  Especially now that ASU is NCAA.  If Tampa can get a bid, Phx certainly could.

Would be nice to have it so close!

Justin Emerson agrees that no chance Arizona gets the WJC. The Frozen Four could end up like the Anaheim one where no-one showed up.

Wow, just saw the latest Bracketology on uscho.com

East Regional (Providence):
15 Quinnipiac vs. 3 Boston University
10 Providence vs. 6 Bowling Green

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
13 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 4 Omaha
11 Harvard vs. 5 Minnesota-Duluth

Midwest Regional (South Bend):
16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State
12 Boston College vs. 8 Miami

West Regional (Fargo):
14 Michigan vs. 2 North Dakota
9 Denver vs. 7 Michigan Tech

I'd say if things stay like that, we deffinitely got one of the unluckiest draws in recent NCAA plaoff history!!  #2 getting the B1G Champs in the first round!!  I deffinitely do not like that draw at all!!

West Regional (Fargo):

I'd say if things stay like that, we deffinitely got one of the unluckiest draws in recent NCAA plaoff history!!  #2 getting the B1G Champs in the first round!!  I deffinitely do not like that draw at all!!

This is the second time Jayson Moy has done that for "attendance purposes" while also stating that Fargo is sold out.

This is the second time Jayson Moy has done that for "attendance purposes" while also stating that Fargo is sold out.

Obviously teams will still move around a bit. This current bracket moves 2 teams up above their normal seed in the same region and creates a balance that is maybe a little to out of whack. You have 34, 33, 37, and 32. Basically moving the 15 and 10 to trade spots with the 14 and 9. I can see why you would want to move Providence but Quinnipiac moving is a stretch.

It's all speculation at this time anyway. Problem is you have a logjam right now of Eastern teams filling the 16, 15, 13, 12, 11, and 10 spots and west teams filling the 1,2,4,5, 6,7, 8, and 9 spots.....need to mix those up a bit.

West Regional (Fargo):

I'd say if things stay like that, we deffinitely got one of the unluckiest draws in recent NCAA plaoff history!! #2 getting the B1G Champs in the first round!! I deffinitely do not like that draw at all!!

Lots of pretty names in that regional, but none of those three teams scare me, honestly. Sure Michigan can score, but they are horrendous defensively. Have they played a team that can play shutdown D like ours? Not to my knowledge. NE region is the group of death in this bracket, IMO.

Lots of pretty names in that regional, but none of those three teams scare me, honestly. Sure Michigan can score, but they are horrendous defensively. Have they played a team that can play shutdown D like ours? Not to my knowledge. NE region is the group of death in this bracket, IMO.

And it really doesn't matter in the end, does it.   You have to beat the best to win. 

And at some point, you need a bounce or two.

• Upvote 2

And it really doesn't matter in the end, does it.   You have to beat the best to win. 

And at some point, you need a bounce or two.

Honestly for this year. If we can get good goaltending and score 3-4 goals for 4 games in a row that's all we need and I like our chances. We lost to Minnesota last year because we didn't score enough and capitalize on their chances. Goaltending was solid that game and throughout the natty tourney.

I can't wait to hear a head coach from a team like Michigan complain that the Scheels Arena was an unfair advantage after the 2015 West Regional is over.

Assuming Michigan makes the tournament as the Big 10 representative, they'll be going to South Bend. Book it.

West Regional (Fargo):

Two quick points: 

1. I'll agree with Mafia -- Michigan in South Bend to bolster attendance. They'll forget about "protecting the #1 seed".

1a. They'd be able to bus Michigan there; BobbyMo is on a plane to either South Bend or West Regional

2. This is like looking at polls ... meh ... nice diversion, but ultimately meaningless in the end.