SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

I think Red retires at the end of the year.

Wisconsin should pay the near $1 million buyout to Eaves (someone said the buyout is $900,000).

Tom Anastos

I agree on Red.

Wisconsin might have seen enough of Eaves by now.

I think Anastos gets another year.

I'm starting to think Eaves is going to make Barry show his hand.

For Anastos to keep his job, to me, he has to win the B1G regular season or tournament.

Anastos hasn't impressed me but he didn't inherit a whole lot of talent. MSU has looked better recently. He gets another year.

Anastos hasn't impressed me but he didn't inherit a whole lot of talent. MSU has looked better recently. He gets another year.

I just think next year will be like this year with Michigan State.

Lucia could be on the hot seat when Minnesota misses the NCAA.

Lucia could be on the hot seat when Minnesota misses the NCAA.

I don't think anything happens with Lucia for awhile though.

UMN was just in the national title game last season.

I don't get what's going on with them this year...they brought back a ton from that team...

I don't see Eaves and Lucia getting fired.  Just a hunch. 

I've never seen a team that is suppose to be a national power look like a JV team could beat them. Wisconsin almost lost to a D3 team during a scrimmage, they look terrible in every position. I'm thinking that when Lucia leaves Guentzel wont be the next head coach.

That's an excuse, it's not like Eaves is scraping the bottom of the barrel to get talented players to come to Wisconsin.

Name another team that lost the kinds of players that Wisconsin did after last season. Not an excuse. Just the nature of the beast. I'm by no means an apologist, it's just how I see it.

Name another team that lost the kinds of players that Wisconsin did after last season. Not an excuse. Just the nature of the beast. I'm by no means an apologist, it's just how I see it.

But at the same time, this is a repeat pattern for Eaves.  It happens every 4 years.  He could try to balance the four years a bit better with how he recruits and the timing at which he brings players in, but he doesn't.  He's been content to be bottom-of-the-barrel every four years with an extrememly young squad.  THat's only worth it if you do something pretty amazing during the years you're loaded with juniors/seniors.

But at the same time, this is a repeat pattern for Eaves. It happens every 4 years. He could try to balance the four years a bit better with how he recruits and the timing at which he brings players in, but he doesn't. He's been content to be bottom-of-the-barrel every four years with an extrememly young squad. THat's only worth it if you do something pretty amazing during the years you're loaded with juniors/seniors.

Dozn't mattr. How many nattys duz Evez hav comparred too Hakstul? We waant natttys!

• Upvote 1

I really, REALLY miss the good old days.   Not that a Gopher would EVER be brave enough to dive into an opponent's bench.  

I wasn't at the (original) water bottle game, but I was at the Dane County Coliseum the following year.   Intense.   A lot of stuff right out of Slap Shot ...  

Count me in the group of fans glad that Notre Dame's over in Hockey East. Instead of an exciting #16 Merrimack vs #14 UMass-Lowell game on NBCSN tonight, fans can look forward to UNH and the Fighting Irish. Yawn.

You think that if Notre Dame had do it all over again would they have chosen the NCHC over Hockey East?