SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

If we schedule 2 games in Fargo, I will lose ALL respect for Faison. We do not need them.

This ^^^^^^^

He could probably justify a single game in Fargo to re-start the series, but if that were to happen, then the next game in Fargo should be part of a home and home. Taylor is gone now. FU needs to get over Roger Thomas. He is gone now, too. (Has been gone for a long time)

And where does BiSon Dan get off with this "past sins" cr@p?

http://www.grandfork...arantee-game-gf

“There’s a strong sentiment from a certain part of our fan base that, whatever we have to do, let’s do it,” Faison told the Herald. “If that means one game or two games. . . at least it gets it to being started again. I’ve been working to get a home-and-home, but that doesn’t appear to be in the mix.”

My answer to the bolded part is simple: We refuse to play them unless it is in the playoffs. Simple as that. If Faison caves in on this, what will they demand next? A contract guaranteeing that all future regular season games take place in Fargo?

Mr. Faison, you have done a solid job as AD of this department, but this would be a monumental mistake. If anyone else feels the same way, here is Mr. Faison's e-mail address: brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

This ^^^^^^^

He could probably justify a single game in Fargo to re-start the series, but if that were to happen, then the next game in Fargo should be part of a home and home. Taylor is gone now. FU needs to get over Roger Thomas. He is gone now, too. (Has been gone for a long time)

And where does BiSon Dan get off with this "past sins" cr@p?

He is just trolling for attention. Ignore him. When you don't have the facts on your side, you have no choice but to resort to trolling. It's the FU way! :p

If anyone else feels the same way, here is Mr. Faison's e-mail address: brian.faison@athletics.und.edu

Done:

Mr. Faison,

I know you're probably getting a lot of input on this, but I wanted to let you know how one alum from UND feels about this issue.

I would like to see a home and home series develop between the two football programs. However, I don't feel that games only played in Fargo benefit the UND football program. You and your staff have done a great job getting our athletics into the Big Sky Conference. I don't think that we need to play NDSU so much that we don't deserve to get the respect from their athletic department to play only in Fargo. I believe if they won't sign a home and home series, we can find other games equally worthy of playing.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to the season with Bubba at the helm.

The series wasn't always a pure "toggle" back-and-forth city-to-city. Let them have the next two for their egos; however, after those two the next game will be at UND (or determined by the NCAA playoff committee).

If NDSU needs the extra advantage of playing at home to feel comfortable returning to play UND, so be it. It'll make a loss sting all the more.

UND's all-time record in FargoDome is: ______

Please drop this "Flagship" crap. It should embarrass us all that neither school makes the top 400 in Forbes rankings or the top 150 in US News rankings. This wouldn't be the case if either school or the state took "areas that really matter" seriously.

Regardless of ratings, The University of North Dakota best fits the mold as the flagship university of the state of North Dakota. Apparently you are heavily biased towards NDSU; therefore, you don't want facts to interrupt your personal view on reality.

Flagship universities are typically public universities, so they don't stand a chance in college rating lists such as Forbes or US news due to the amount of private universities ranked. Nevertheless, UND offers a tremendous amount of opportunities for in-state residents that a lot of other states don't mutually provide. For example, how many other states can offer their residents opportunities in world-class aviation, biomedical research, ecological studies, petroleum engineering, etc. Not only that, but the professional schools at UND attract established faculty from around the world to help share their wealth of knowledge. States such as Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho do not even possess an allopathic medical college. The point is, UND offers opportunities that are in high demand across the country and world, and whether you like it or not, they offer more of those opportunities than NDSU.

And if its worth anything, UND is higher than NDSU in the US news ranking you referenced. If you're a North Dakota resident looking for an affordable education (which is becoming more and more pressing all of the time), having a flagship university is important, so please don't discount that.

The series wasn't always a pure "toggle" back-and-forth city-to-city. Let them have the next two for their egos; however, after those two the next game will be at UND (or determined by the NCAA playoff committee).

If NDSU needs the extra advantage of playing at home to feel comfortable returning to play UND, so be it. It'll make a loss sting all the more.

UND's all-time record in FargoDome is: ______

4-1, right? Even tho its been awhile, its still our home away from home.

If we schedule 2 games in Fargo, I will lose ALL respect for Faison. We do not need them.

I read the article last night and was not impressed with how it came across. I've backed almost everyone of Faison's decisions to date, but this is one I can't even come close to justifying. I could support a single game in Fargo with an actual going rate guarantee, but two games for below market rates is asinine. Especially with no guarantee of a return game. Being the bigger person to get the series restarted is one thing but by agreeing to games in 2015 and 2018 in Fargo, it finishes up the schedule for those years and ensures there will only be 5 home games each of those years. 2016 already full and there is only 5 home games. Locking in 3 of the next 4 years with only 5 games at home is no acceptable.

I'll be sending an e-mail to let him know my thoughts on it and as people have already stated, I'd encourage others to do the same.

I read the article last night and was not impressed with how it came across. I've backed almost everyone of Faison's decisions to date, but this is one I can't even come close to justifying. I could support a single game in Fargo with an actual going rate guarantee, but two games for below market rates is asinine. Especially with no guarantee of a return game. Being the bigger person to get the series restarted is one thing but by agreeing to games in 2015 and 2018 in Fargo, it finishes up the schedule for those years and ensures there will only be 5 home games each of those years. 2016 already full and there is only 5 home games. Locking in 3 of the next 4 years with only 5 games at home is no acceptable.

I'll be sending an e-mail to let him know my thoughts on it and as people have already stated, I'd encourage others to do the same.

Are we sure he's going to agree to a below market payday? If he is, then I agree with you. But maybe he's using his statement as leverage: UND is willing to play two on the road, so ndsu better at least offer a decent guarantee, or they can forget it.

two things:

1. We cut ties in 2004 with SDSU but yet last year completed a H/H with them, the Jacks didn't demand 2 games in Brookings first, and they signed the H/H with UND before NDSU was on top of the world, it was signed after NDSU's 3-8 season. First game in Brookings was in 2010. Obviously they felt UND was worthy of a H/H, but NDSU thinks they are God in football and all terms must be by them.

2. UND plays NDSU twice at the Fargodome, and ends up going 2-0 against them, does anyone (including Faison) think they would want to step one foot at the Alerus Center...ever? There are going to be 2 instances that would have NDSU come to Grand Forks, playoffs or conference play. You give in, and play 2 in Fargo, they will want another game in Fargo, and another, and 20 years from now, still claim UND needs to pay for their sins in 2004, even though the Jacks got over it 5 years later.

Please drop this "Flagship" crap. It should embarrass us all that neither school makes the top 400 in Forbes rankings or the top 150 in US News rankings. This wouldn't be the case if either school or the state took "areas that really matter" seriously.

Here's one definition - but you no doubt know more than Mr. Olson - the reference to being in Division I i athletics is one point that is debated by many.

Gary Olson at The Chronicle of Higher Education offers the following definition:

While the criteria used to determine flagship status will vary from state to state, typically a state’s flagship is its land-grant institution. It is likely to be the university with the highest research profile and the most doctoral programs. It may house the state’s medical school, law school, or both. And it may be the largest and best endowed university in the state. Membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities may be yet another factor, and NCAA Division I athletics is a must.

Regardless of ratings, The University of North Dakota best fits the mold as the flagship university of the state of North Dakota. Apparently you are heavily biased towards NDSU; therefore, you don't want facts to interrupt your personal view on reality.

Flagship universities are typically public universities, so they don't stand a chance in college rating lists such as Forbes or US news due to the amount of private universities ranked. Nevertheless, UND offers a tremendous amount of opportunities for in-state residents that a lot of other states don't mutually provide. For example, how many other states can offer their residents opportunities in world-class aviation, biomedical research, ecological studies, petroleum engineering, etc. Not only that, but the professional schools at UND attract established faculty from around the world to help share their wealth of knowledge. States such as Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho do not even possess an allopathic medical college. The point is, UND offers opportunities that are in high demand across the country and world, and whether you like it or not, they offer more of those opportunities than NDSU.

And if its worth anything, UND is higher than NDSU in the US news ranking you referenced. If you're a North Dakota resident looking for an affordable education (which is becoming more and more pressing all of the time), having a flagship university is important, so please don't discount that.

It what way was my comment biased toward NDSU? I previously stated that I think both offer a good education at an affordable price and I agree that by the commonly accepted definition, UND is the flagship university for ND. My problem with the "flagship" term is that by definition every state has one and in the ND case, the "fleet" isn't ranked too impressively. I'm not going to compare the programs offered by the two schools but I do know that NDSU offers at least a few programs that UND doesn't and some of them aren't Ag or Home Ec related :). My guess is at most state universities you can cherry-pick some programs to create a unique set.

Are we sure he's going to agree to a below market payday? If he is, then I agree with you. But maybe he's using his statement as leverage: UND is willing to play two on the road, so ndsu better at least offer a decent guarantee, or they can forget it.

I have no clue what he is willing to agree to. The fact that he may actually be considering two games in Fargo and nothing else, regardless of what the guarantee is, should be a non-starter for fans. A single game for a respectable guarantee is tolerable, but only if it comes with a home/home attached to it. The front end of that could be in Fargo, so they could get their two home games in a row but without a guarantee of a game in Grand Forks, it is inexcusable. As a season ticket holder, locking in the schedule with only 5 home games for 3 out of 4 years is not something I'm impressed with.

If Faison agrees to two games in Fargo for a below market guarantee then he should be axed. It's ridiculous for anyone to think that UND agreeing to this will generate any sort of goodwill from NDSU's administration regarding future games in Grand Forks. It more than likely locks UND into playing all future games there for the foreseeable future.

Also, how can we go out and negotiate other guarantee games at market rates if we agree to take below market guarantees to play in Fargo? Why would Minnesota or any FBS school pay us market value if we're giving away games to NDSU? How can we schedule home in homes with other top FCS schools if we're willing to play on the road exclusively with NDSU? How can we expect other programs to take us seriously when we're willing to whore ourselves out to the other FCS school in the state? There is little if any way this benefits the program.

• Upvote 1

If Faison agrees to two games in Fargo for a below market guarantee then he should be axed. It's ridiculous for anyone to think that UND agreeing to this will generate any sort of goodwill from NDSU's administration regarding future games in Grand Forks. It more than likely locks UND into playing all future games there for the foreseeable future.

Also, how can we go out and negotiate other guarantee games at market rates if we agree to take below market guarantees to play in Fargo? Why would Minnesota or any FBS school pay us market value if we're giving away games to NDSU? How can we schedule home in homes with other top FCS schools if we're willing to play on the road exclusively with NDSU? How can we expect other programs to take us seriously when we're willing to whore ourselves out to the other FCS school in the state? There is little if any way this benefits the program.

Can't argue with pretty much anything you said there. My e-mail to Faison said many of those things. I seriously encourage others to do the same. If he's getting pressure from some people to do what it takes to get the series restarted, he also needs to hear from people who would like it but not at a cost that is detrimental to the program.

UND's road games:

2015; Wyoming, OPEN, Portland St, Weber St, Montana, Cal Poly (5 road, 5 home)

2016; Stony Brook, Bowling Green, Montana St, Sac St, Idaho St, Northern Colorado (schedule full) (6 road, 5 home)

2017; Utah, South Dakota, OPEN, UC Davis, Montana, Portland St, SUU (6 road, 4 home)

2018; Washington, OPEN, Northern Colorado, Sac State, Montana St, Northern Arizona (5 Road, 5 home)

2019; Eastern Washington, Idaho St, Cal Poly, Weber State, 3 OPEN (4 road, 4 home)

2016 and 2017 we have 6 road games already, and he want 2 more years we play more road than home.....FORGET IT!!

My email is sent too - what are they thinking in the Athletic Department? This is a disaster with no upside for us. Why allow NDSU to dictate to us and then give in? Makes absolutely no sense.

Great points made above; I've never thought that far into it before. Maybe a one time in Fargo for the going price, and seal up a home and home at the same time for a total of 3 games... But yeah, as far as bending any more than that, it just doesn't make sense. My email will be sent as well.

I am not totally against going to Fargo to get it going , but it should NEVER be done if it leaves us with less than 5 home games in a year. That is one thing that Faison must never bend on. The health of our program comes first. No debate on that.