SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

I think in the back of Taylor's mind he IS afraid of losing. Most of baby bison fans also are a little afraid though they won't admit it. Imagine going 0 - 7 against your rival. The good thing for UND is that by the time they play UND will be favored to beat the baby bison. That all said, if Taylor doesn't want to play then the baby bison have that right. Just quit saying you want to play but you can't get the schedule to work. Taylor probably gets a bonus for every year they don't play us.

No !@#$. Only way I'd wanna go FBS is if Montana's and Dakotas were in the same conf.

By going first, we'd have a roster of Billy Turners, Marcus Williams, and other Minn and Wisconsin PWOs. Partnering with NDSU would give them an opportunity for talent. Be the first mover. That's the thing the transition tought us.

You FU trolls are living Groundhog Day - you share your "pertinent facts" just about daily. You don't bring "well thought out opinions" you bring bison-swill - we get it - you are a bison fan on a UND site and the fact you come here regularly does speak of obsession - do you spend the same amount of time on your primary rival SDSU's site? And the comments made that "FU isn't UND's rival anymore" are taken directly from FU fans who use that song and dance to downplay every UND victory over FU.

Check my posting history. 124 posts in 4 years.. Your definition of regular must be different than mine. I have never considered SDSU to be our main rival. Never have and never will. SDSU was just another game when I was in school. Even now I cant get excited about that game. Yes there are some fans who down play everything you do. Just as some of your fans do the same for NDSU. That hasnt changed since I was first envolved in the rivalry and dont expect it to change in the future.

Since you brought it up, you know what good business people don't do? Offer a deal and then fail to execute it after its agreed upon.

Good business people re-evaluate strategies when the business climate changes. Nothing was agreed upon and signed.

By going first, we'd have a roster of Billy Turners, Marcus Williams, and other Minn and Wisconsin PWOs. Partnering with NDSU would give them an opportunity for talent. Be the first mover. That's the thing the transition tought us.

No what the transition taught everyone is UND did no real planning for the move. NDSU having all their success was killing them. Their arrogance told them that if NDSU can do it we'll have no problems. How did that work out? Went cheap on coaches and you can see the results. The only reason I'm following T&F is that will tell if you're in last place in BSC or second to last. Did you see our girls take down Auburn?

No what the transition taught everyone is UND did no real planning for the move. NDSU having all their success was killing them. Their arrogance told them that if NDSU can do it we'll have no problems. How did that work out? Went cheap on coaches and you can see the results. The only reason I'm following T&F is that will tell if you're in last place in BSC or second to last. Did you see our girls take down Auburn?

Transition means nothing in wins and losses, NDSU kicked ass in transition then stumbled its first 2 years post transition, SDSU had a less than stellar transition including a loss to a DIII team and yet became the first Dakota team to be in the playoffs, and should have upset Montana. Honestly I don't follow golf, track and field and swimming. But I don't jump on the softball team bandwagon "only" when they make the playoffs.

Sigh - revisionist history once again. It's been shared ad nasium here and I'm not going back to find the details, but UND was in a very different position back then from FU. UND already had success in DI so less urgency, other issues were at the forefront. FU was seeing many DII schools start to catch up to them as scholarships were increasing at other schools, they were falling back into the pack thus the urgency to make the move sooner. FU fans continue to need to compare themselves to UND especially when they can spin it to make FU look better. Just be happy with what you have and stop needing to put down other schools to make yourself feel better. There is only on Flagship University in North Dakota - accept it and move on.
  • Upvote 1

LOLOL. "Our girls". You down there cheering on "your" girls? Big game today, good luck to you.

If you want to farm the farm go to NDSU, if you want to own the farm go to UND. STILL, so true.

Apparently those farm owners didn't learn much at UND when the NDSU farm workers are $120,000 further ahead after 20 years.

LOLOL. "Our girls". You down there cheering on "your" girls? Big game today, good luck to you.

Despite all the vocal loser bison fans there are I still find myself hoping their teams do well in the NCAA tournaments. I wanted their bb, football teams (though I wouldn't mind su not ever winning another football game) to win and I want their softball team to win. Good luck today against Minnesota.

Despite all the vocal loser bison fans there are I still find myself hoping their teams do well in the NCAA tournaments. I wanted their bb, football teams (though I wouldn't mind su not ever winning another football game) to win and I want their softball team to win. Good luck today against Minnesota.

YUCK!!! I think I am going to be sick.

Kolpack just chimed in on his radio show. He actually shocked me. He and Izzo both think the game should be played. Also think UND should take the guarantee just to get the game going. Both of them agreed it is unlikely that the game will happen as long as Gene Taylor is at NDSU. Kolpack even said he truly believes that the die hard bison fans that are so vocal about not playing are afraid of a potential loss. They interviewed Cole Jirik and he said he wished he would have been able to play against the Sioux. It was an interesting conversation.

Kolpack just chimed in on his radio show. He actually shocked me. He and Izzo both think the game should be played. Also think UND should take the guarantee just to get the game going. Both of them agreed it is unlikely that the game will happen as long as Gene Taylor is at NDSU. Kolpack even said he truly believes that the die hard bison fans that are so vocal about not playing are afraid of a potential loss. They interviewed Cole Jirik and he said he wished he would have been able to play against the Sioux. It was an interesting conversation.

OMG!! Is the world going to end. UND fans have been blasted by Bison fans for those two examples alone.

http://forum.siouxsp...ootball-series/

Everyone should re-read this thread and keep in mind that NDSU just scheduled a home and home with Weber State. GT doesn't want the orginal H/H but an all Fargo H/H or a one game fought in Fargo. Its really amazing on both sides especially the Bison fans posting their thought.

(Keep in mind this started before the 2011 season)

There is zero reason why UND should take a below market guarantee to get this game started. $190K for a game in Fargo? That's less than they pay the Ferris State's of the world. If they want to pay UND a guarantee, it should be at $300K-$400k minimum. That's what UND gets for an FBS guarantee and I'd much rather have us to do two of those in a season than take below market guarantee to do a favor for NDSU.

This just proves what we've known all along, which is that Gene Taylor is as big a POS as the majority of their fanbase.

There is zero reason why UND should take a below market guarantee to get this game started. $190K for a game in Fargo? That's less than they pay the Ferris State's of the world. If they want to pay UND a guarantee, it should be at $300K-$400k minimum. That's what UND gets for an FBS guarantee and I'd much rather have us to do two of those in a season than take below market guarantee to do a favor for NDSU.

This just proves what we've known all along, which is that Gene Taylor is as big a POS as the majority of their fanbase.

Alright. You just forfeited your right to complain about not playing the game.

http://forum.siouxsp...ootball-series/

Everyone should re-read this thread and keep in mind that NDSU just scheduled a home and home with Weber State. GT doesn't want the orginal H/H but an all Fargo H/H or a one game fought in Fargo. Its really amazing on both sides especially the Bison fans posting their thought.

(Keep in mind this started before the 2011 season)

darell1976

• photo-thumb-4446.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • 9,478 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

snapback.pngBison Dan, on 09 September 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

So you would call UND a powerhouse during their transition? Fact is your AD has had contracts for games and he's decided not to.

I am sure we could have given your 3-8 team of '09 a tough game. But thats right you guys only want home games. Thats why you guys will never win a national title...you have to play OUTSIDE the Fargodome. 0-2 at the Alerus is a not impressive! Please state the reference to this "fact"? And don't give me a link to Bisonville.

darell1976

• photo-thumb-4446.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • 9,478 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

snapback.pngBison Dan, on 09 September 2011 - 07:31 AM, said:

So you would call UND a powerhouse during their transition? Fact is your AD has had contracts for games and he's decided not to.

I am sure we could have given your 3-8 team of '09 a tough game. But thats right you guys only want home games. Thats why you guys will never win a national title...you have to play OUTSIDE the Fargodome. 0-2 at the Alerus is a not impressive! Please state the reference to this "fact"? And don't give me a link to Bisonville.

Crow. Lol. How is it tasting?