SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Looking at the latest USCHO poll...how crazy would our Regional be if we went straight off of USCHO rankings instead of PWR...

#1 - North Dakota

#8 - MI Tech 

#9 - Rodents

#16 - BC

I'm assuming you mean if autobids weren't in play because then Robert Morris or some other AHA team would knock BC out... which would be wonderful :)

I'm assuming you mean if autobids weren't in play because then Robert Morris or some other AHA team would knock BC out... which would be wonderful :)

Yeah...just straight up rankings.  I know it'll be totally different, but was just thinking how interesting if a regional with those teams represented would be.

This next month is a scary month for the pairwise. The two games against Niagara are the scariest since they are LAST amongst all teams in the pairwise. If we don't sweep those guys who knows how far we drop. Then we also have CC who we also need to sweep.

Granted we could make some of that up if we can win 3 of 4 against Duluth and Omaha.

So here's what we need to do:

Sweep Duluth (I'm getting tired of of being satisifed with a split at home, time to sweep)

Sweep Niagara

Sweep Colorado College (see above)

Split at Omaha

If we do that we'll be in the top 4 in the pairwise with Denver, Western Michigan, St Cloud, and Miami left. Thinking we go 5-3 in these games and finish the second half of the season at 12-4  with a 25-8-2.

BUT I'm guessing we have a tie in there someplace and one less win so 24-8-3. In 1999-2000 season we were 24-7-5 heading into the playoffs.  Look familiar?

Stecher is skating lightly on his own.

North Dakota MHockey @UNDmhockey

Dave Hakstol tells UND Fan Luncheon injured D Troy Stecher skated for the first time yesterday. Skated lightly on his own, did not practice.

Hakstol got the injury report from his 6 year old son who was there and reported that "Stecher looked awesome".  Hakstol said it will likely still be a few more weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Dilks hatred of UND is almost comical.

1. North Dakota 18-5-2 (58)

North Dakota swept a team near the bottom of the college rankings at home for the second straight weekend with a pair of victories over Colorado College. Their final ten conference games should be much tougher, starting next weekend with a tough road trip to Omaha.

I don't think Chris really hates us.  In fact this year he's actually written some pretty positive articles or comments about the team or individuals on it.  He does probably get tired of UND fans tweeting him or emailing him or adding comments to his blog posts ripping on him about UND, but that would get tiring for just about anyone.

I saw his comments this morning and wondered whether UND fans would come out and comment.  The way I interpreted his comments was like this.  First, he was one of just two of their group to pick someone other than UND as number one.  Both Chris and Nate Wells went with Mankato, but that's kind of natural.  First, they saw Mankato take apart Minnesota this weekend. 

I think Chris is also very impressed with Mankato's team this year.  I know I am.  I saw them play in person a few weeks ago, and they are certainly very good.  Too often people who vote in polls tend to just see how the teams did relative to the team above or below them, and rank them that way, rather than put some actual thought in the process.  I suspect Chris believes that UND has climbed to the top simply by virtue of 4 consecutive wins (tough to do in the second half of a season) rather than truly being the best team in the country.

I'm not convinced we're best.  I think we can be at times, but I have no problem saying there may be one or two teams better right now.

As an outsider, I'm not sure what the problem with what he said is. UND swept a bad team and the schedule will get harder. How does stating the obvious constitute hatred?

I hear you.  However, I was tracking his tweets Saturday night and he seemed to be a Gopher fan.  Maybe goon knows more.

As an outsider, I'm not sure what the problem with what he said is. UND swept a bad team and the schedule will get harder. How does stating the obvious constitute hatred?

I would have to agree. Seems to be 2 unrelated things to me. Chris Dilks may in fact hate UND but nothing in this little blurb would lead anyone to believe that? Facts are facts and UND has beaten quite a few bad teams this year....which is better than the alternative.

Sojudaddy

05 Jan 2015

Looking at the latest USCHO poll...how crazy would our Regional be if we went straight off of USCHO rankings instead of PWR...

#1 - North Dakota

#8 - MI Tech

#9 - Rodents

#16 - BC

& the resale price for tickets will go way up - even tho I would just as soon the goofs not be there

Sojudaddy

05 Jan 2015

#1 - North Dakota

#8 - MI Tech

#9 - Rodents

#16 - BC

& the resale price for tickets will go way up - even tho I would just as soon the goofs not be there

Those rankings are out dated. And no way the goofs make it up to a 3 seed.