SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

OK, I'm cooled down (a bit) after that debacle on Friday night but the only reason is that they actually showed up and played, for most of a game, on Saturday. 

Maybe, just maybe, Friday was the wake-up call they needed before they ended up 4-7-1 and having to play every game like it was game 7. 

I'm interested in seeing which team goes to CC: Friday's or Saturday's. 

OK, I'm cooled down (a bit) after that debacle on Friday night but the only reason is that they actually showed up and played, for most of a game, on Saturday. 

Maybe, just maybe, Friday was the wake-up call they needed before they ended up 4-7-1 and having to play every game like it was game 7. 

I'm interested in seeing which team goes to CC: Friday's or Saturday's. 

This.  Friday was an embarrassment, but I'm not going to let myself stay all worked up over it until I see if it was a fluke or an indicator.  Anyone can have a bad game.  A team with a problem will have them consistently.

This. Friday was an embarrassment, but I'm not going to let myself stay all worked up over it until I see if it was a fluke or an indicator. Anyone can have a bad game. A team with a problem will have them consistently.

Same here. I was angry about Friday, but not that they lost - it was how they lost. If anyone wasn't upset about Friday, I'd be concerned. Saturday was encouraging to see them put Friday behind them and play like they needed to.

I'm all for physical hockey like what we got from McWilliam, but not the kind of chippy, tough-guy, stupid stuff that puts us a man down. McWilliam got the box a lot, but mostly because he hit people so hard the refs felt there had to be a penalty.

Thats because unlike our guys, players get hit and lay on the ice so a penalty is called. Ive never seen our guys do that, maybe i have the goggles on

Thats because unlike our guys, players get hit and lay on the ice so a penalty is called. Ive never seen our guys do that, maybe i have the goggles on

I think the most blatant example of this was the BU kid two years ago. Players like MacWilliam are the exact reason why 5 minute majors need to be reviewed before being enforced. He received multiple 5 minute majors and ejections but they were mostly from good hard checks like the one on the Michigan Tech player two years ago. 

I was so upset at the game Friday that I gave away my Fighting Sioux  hat that I was wearing. The play was so bad on Friday that I told someone this morning that the Ralph ran out of beer on Friday It was the worst game that I have ever watched since becoming a Fighting Sioux fan in the early 80's. Saturday did cheer me up with there play.

Same here. I was angry about Friday, but not that they lost - it was how they lost. If anyone wasn't upset about Friday, I'd be concerned. Saturday was encouraging to see them put Friday behind them and play like they needed to.

This.  Friday was an embarrassment, but I'm not going to let myself stay all worked up over it until I see if it was a fluke or an indicator.  Anyone can have a bad game.  A team with a problem will have them consistently.

I was so upset at the game Friday that I gave away my Fighting Sioux  hat that I was wearing. The play was so bad on Friday that I told someone this morning that the Ralph ran out of beer on Friday It was the worst game that I have ever watched since becoming a Fighting Sioux fan in the early 80's. Saturday did cheer me up with there play.

I've been going to games since the old Barn and suffered through the Bjorkman years.  Friday's game is a little fresher in my memory, but I can't remember a Sioux hockey team that stood around more and gave less of an effort than Friday.  Part of my heartburn is the belief I have (had) that maybe, just maybe, this would be the year we don't have to sit through crappy play through Christmas and play up to our abilities in the first half of the year.  

I agree with both of you about Friday's game, but it is way too early to panic. What we saw Friday was a lack of urgency and a lot of guys who apparently forgot that there was a game Friday and failed to show up. However, Brad Schlossman said it best when he said they may have just forgot how they were successful last year, and that was by outworking and outhustling opponents. This team will be fine, but Friday was a major wake up call.

You're getting the two coaches confused - Bjork Rubeman was the head coach at Sacred Heart back in the day.

Yup, we definitely need another Siouxsports.com gathering at Hoggsbreath for the Frozen Faceoff so I can get all of this history straight.  I already ordered my tickets.

I agree with both of you about Friday's game, but it is way too early to panic. What we saw Friday was a lack of urgency and a lot of guys who apparently forgot that there was a game Friday and failed to show up. However, Brad Schlossman said it best when he said they may have just forgot how they were successful last year, and that was by outworking and outhustling opponents. This team will be fine, but Friday was a major wake up call.

Exactly, I thought schloss hit it right on the head. The team looked like they thought they could just show up and win but received a rude awakening. Hopefully moving forward that game will be ingrained in their memory that you have to give every shift all you have on every night to win.

I think the most blatant example of this was the BU kid two years ago. Players like MacWilliam are the exact reason why 5 minute majors need to be reviewed before being enforced. He received multiple 5 minute majors and ejections but they were mostly from good hard checks like the one on the Michigan Tech player two years ago.

Whats gonna happen if these players make it to the NHL, they're gonna get smoked and their teammates are gonna tell them to get their ass up or they're gonna get sent to the minors.