SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. FERRIS STATE - Saturday 5:30 ESPNU

AZSIOUX

I don't understand the denigrating of Ferris State. They clearly earned their way into the tournament, and have a Hobey Candidate goalie. For a team like the Sioux that struggles to score, right there is reason to worry.

And let's not get caught up in the 5 goals tonight. Bucky forgot to look in the rear view mirror on Parks' goal, and we'd be screaming at our goalie for giving up Rocco's first goal. Our 3rd goal was damn lucky, and so was our 4th (ENG).

We MIGHT have used up a whole tourney's worth of good bounces tonight. I expect a tough, close game tomorrow and I'll be VERY happy if you guys prove you're right and I was overly concerned.

agree, anyone remember yale last year? there was plenty of we got this in the bag against them. nothing has come easy for this years squad and I don't expect tonight to be any different.

• Upvote 1

The Sioux power play is very concerning. Last night we lost momentum for awhile when unable to generate any opportunities. Fortunate that Badgers didn't score shorthanded.

Yeah we looked like serious dog crap for about 1/2 of the 2nd period. Guys just standing around like we constantly needed a line change. New line would come out and do the same thing 20 seconds into their shift. Weird.

Our annual Final Five/Frozen Face-Off crew is working three or four theories we came up w/ the Sat. morning after the MIami game about how we're going to win this whole thing and it seems to be working so far. . . Beware! There might be some slight negativity due to the time they were conceived. ;)

#1) No one had the annual shot of Jameson before the Miami game. . . Lisa now has this covered.

#2) Yale wasn't awesome last year and those idiots won the whole thing why can't our idiots win it? It's our turn.

#3) As long as we never fall behind, we'll win it all. (Chris's theory). We haven't been behind yet!

And #4) I'm sticking w/ the no jersey (just wearing Sioux t-shirts or sweatshirts) since I wasn't wearing one for the Third place game. Although I am

tempted to pull out the Pivetz jersey today! (Will probably stick w/ the t-shirt. It worked last night!)

So stick w/ what you all did last night, and we'll be fine. :)

So so far so good!

Wisconsin>Ferris State

If we play as hungry as we did last night, we'll win. The 1st Badger goal that took a nasty bounce off the glass doesn't happen at The Ralph and the 2nd one was fortunate to find a Wisco stick. Obviously anyone can lose to any other team this time of year but we are a better team than FSU, just hope we play like it tonight.

30-9-1 record in 2002-2003 coming into NCAA tournament play. CCHA champions. Placed in west regional at Mariucci Arena as the #2 seed. While #1 seed Minnesota dismantled Mercyhurst in their first game, the #3 seed Sioux looked like they took the Bulldogs for granted and were looking ahead in a 5-2 loss. Minny then defeated Ferris 7-4 and advanced to the Frozen Four. Beat Michigan in OT and them rolled UNH in the championship game.

Oh interesting. I followed the gophs heavy that year as my buddies older bro played for the gophs. I obviously remember the parise years but I don't remember how they got knocked out those years.

Oh interesting. I followed the gophs heavy that year as my buddies older bro played for the gophs. I obviously remember the parise years but I don't remember how they got knocked out those years.

I do not care to remember it much, but it could help the guys this year. The 2004 Parise year when Denver did not make it to the FInal FIve, but got an at large bid to the West regional. We beat up on Holy Cross, but lost to Denver 1-0 on a late goal (reminiscent of last night). By the way, Denver went on to win it all that year. I hope that is good karma. We had an awesome team that year, but like folks have said on here, anyone can win this time of year if a goalie gets hot or you do not show up for 60 minutes.

Kunitz had 35 goals and 44 assists that season...3 assists in the win over UND...Hobey Hat Trick finalist (Peter Sejna from CC was the winner)...

Revenge shall be served...11 years later!

We beat up on Holy Cross, but lost to Denver 1-0 on a late goal (reminiscent of last night).

UND managed only 17 shots on goal thru the first two periods of that game and it was a late power play goal that made it 2-0 after two. While the final was 3-0 UND, there was definitely cause for concern over what was to come because I can clearly remember that Sioux team being frustrated all game long by Tony Quesada and Holy Cross. Contrast that with last night's effort against Wisconsin...

Per Schlossman

Vegas bookies have Ferris winning today. Second-seeded Ferris is -145, fourth-seeded UND is +125

Side note.

Bookies have Minnesota as today's biggest favorite (-700) and SCSU-Notre Dame as the closest (ND-115, SCSU -105).

Per Schlossman

Vegas bookies have Ferris winning today. Second-seeded Ferris is -145, fourth-seeded UND is +125

Side note.

Bookies have Minnesota as today's biggest favorite (-700) and SCSU-Notre Dame as the closest (ND-115, SCSU -105).

Damn bookies....they're typically really good at their jobs. That's odd because they had UND beating a highly ranked Wisconsin team yesterday.