SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TOURNEY - SIOUX vs. BADGERS - Cincinnati

AZSIOUX

Not necessarily. While they do still have the trapping tendencies they're still not as bad as they once were. Although if they do get up 2 goals chances are they'll be trapping.

If UND gets passed Bucky, I fully expect they'll be in the Frozen Four. Bucky is no easy task though.

That's my thought too. If UND beats Wisconsin, they'll get past Colgate (who I expect to beat Ferris). But the Sioux beating Wisconsin is highly dependant on which Sioux team shows up for that game.

• Upvote 1

I remember watching this one. I was in my last year at UND, and we didn't get the channel (ESPNU i think), so we were crammed into Dagwood, with hardly any room to sit. That place just erupted with Kozek scored. Great times!

table of 12 at dagwoods i remember how depressing the first 50 minutes of that game was

I remember watching this one. I was in my last year at UND, and we didn't get the channel (ESPNU i think), so we were crammed into Dagwood, with hardly any room to sit. That place just erupted with Kozek scored. Great times!

I was there for that regional as I lived in Madison at the time.

The Sioux beat Princeton the game before, but did not play well at all. The shots were heavily lopsided to Princeton, but the Sioux capitalized on their chances.

We had a lot of UW fans talking smack to us during the first two periods of the UW/UND game with the F4 trip on the line. Oddly enough, they all quieted pretty quickly once the Sioux tied it early in the 3rd. Then when Kozek won it, our whole section of UW fans filed out very quickly with just the Sioux fans going nuts. Great times!

May the BIG TEN show everybody what REAL Hockey is like - Go BIG TEN!!

And maybe if your Aunt had a beard she'd be your Uncle!

Oh wait disregard that statement as I just noticed that you are in fact a Gopher fan so odds are that your Aunt with the beard really is a women.

I think this is the best regional we probably could have hoped for. Wisconsin has some top end forwards but not a lot of depth of them and I really have not been impressed with their defensemen especially against Ohio State where they turned the puck over quite a bit and didn't make a lot real crisp plays. Rumpel has been pretty solid for them in net through the year but I thought he looked pretty shaky against Ohio State Saturday. I haven't been at all impressed with Ferris State in the few games I have seen them and I think Colgate will beat them especially if they can play anything like they did against Minnesota.

The Sioux beat Princeton the game before, but did not play well at all. The shots were heavily lopsided to Princeton, but the Sioux capitalized on their chances.

We had a lot of UW fans talking smack to us during the first two periods of the UW/UND game with the F4 trip on the line. Oddly enough, they all quieted pretty quickly once the Sioux tied it early in the 3rd. Then when Kozek won it, our whole section of UW fans filed out very quickly with just the Sioux fans going nuts. Great times!

Thats right, I remember that Princeton game too. Did not play well at all! Lucky to make it to the F4 that year, but isn't that the year we got smoked by BC (wait which time) ... Pretty sure Gerbe had a hat trick by early 2nd period.

To those who will be in Cincy:

Official UND Pre-Game Party: Morlein Lager House | 4:00 p.m. | Friday, March 28

UND fans attending the regional are invited to join the UND Alumni Association & Foundation and UND Athletics for pregame festivities beginning 3 hours prior to any game that UND is playing. The pregame events will be held in the beer garden at Morlein Lager House in Cincinnati (115 Joe Nuxhall Way), within walking distance of the arena. All UND alumni, family and friends are invited to this free, family-friendly event.

I think Rumpel's getting underrated a little bit here. Hobey Baker Top 10, Mike Richter finalist, 2.03 GAA and 93.0% save percentage this year (2.14 and 92.6% for his career). Part of that is the defense his has in front of him, but he's definitely not a weak link for Wisconsin.

That was a great game to be at. UW fans were pretty abrasive during periods 1 and 2, and got pretty fiesty when the charge on Finley wasn't called. But that GTG by Duncan sure took the volume out of the Big Red house. I can still hear that ring of the pipe if I close my eyes. Great game.

I think Rumpel's getting underrated a little bit here. Hobey Baker Top 10, Mike Richter finalist, 2.03 GAA and 93.0% save percentage this year (2.14 and 92.6% for his career). Part of that is the defense his has in front of him, but he's definitely not a weak link for Wisconsin.

He did not look good against OSU.... however everyone has a bad game every once in awhile. On the Fitch goal he was so out of position.

I think the key to scoring on the badgers will be similar to the way the badger beat OSU. Crash the net. They would get a puck in the slot and have 2 or 3 guys sitting there for rebounds. OSU goalie didn't have a chance on that goal, and Wisco had several good chances before that went in. Hoping we don't see the hesitation in shooting the puck that we saw against Miami either. They seem to want to hold the puck a few seconds to long before getting it on net.

That was a great game to be at. UW fans were pretty abrasive during periods 1 and 2, and got pretty fiesty when the charge on Finley wasn't called. But that GTG by Duncan sure took the volume out of the Big Red house. I can still hear that ring of the pipe if I close my eyes. Great game.

That Duncan goal off the Oshie drop pass was the pipe shot heard round the world. That klank put an exclamation mark on a goal that really killed the Badger momentum and the crowd.

Zane stopped 28 of 29 to beat Niagara 2-1 in last year's first round. Then he got hurt and Saunders played very well in a loss to Yale.

Woops my bad was thinking we went one and done:/ don't remember much from that Yale loss anyhow ha. Thanks for the heads up!