SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC - Saturday

Blackheart

And just FYI - b/4 this weekend Denver overall record was better than Neb-Omaha and W.Mich. overall record was better that Duluths - so you could argue that based on records favorites won both those series. Only upset was Miami and they were preseason #1 and Mafia picked them to win series so someone thought they would be pretty good.

And FYI, check out how many times the Sioux have went to 3 games in this weekend of playoffs. Also check out how tough the Sioux/CC series have been over the years no matter which team is good or bad or has the better record!

Easy pezy there big boy! What was their rankings? You can spin this all you want, the three victories that are done in the NCHC are all upsets. End of story. People can predict upsets, like the master Mafia Man did. But any way you slice it, it is still an upset! A team winning six games all year can beat a team with only 6 losses! So AGAIN CC with "6 wins all year" is still a tough team to beat. Oh and !!!!!

You said records don't mean anything, I just pointed out that Denver and W. Mich had better records - so maybe in Denver and W. Mich. case they did. You spin it your way, I spin it mine. End of story!!!!!!!!!!

You said records don't mean anything, I just pointed out that Denver and W. Mich had better records - so maybe in Denver and W. Mich. case they did. You spin it your way, I spin it mine. End of story!!!!!!!!!!

I said records don't matter on a team that has a bad record, they can still beat a better team. My word!

I'm not going to say I predicted this but for as many UND/CC games that I've seen over the years, I did not like this match up. That said, enough bitching about it, it's the series we were dealt with. I'm calling for a UND win by at least 2 or 3 goals tomorrow as the boys in green are probably going to stew on this loss and come out hard from the opening face off.

I said records don't matter on a team that has a bad record, they can still beat a better team. My word!

I don't disagree with that. But my point remains the same - if UND can't win 2 games, playing at home, against a team with 6 wins all season, to continue its season, then they don't deserve to keep playing.

Had they done more during the course of the season, this weekend may not have mattered, but they didn't, so it does. So let's hope they can close the deal tomorrow and see what happens next weekend. Agreed?

• Upvote 1

And FYI, check out how many times the Sioux have went to 3 games in this weekend of playoffs. Also check out how tough the Sioux/CC series have been over the years no matter which team is good or bad or has the better record!

I can't even remember how many times it's happened. Michigan Tech...Mankato...Minnesota...four times in the past ten years? Five?

Johnson and Grimaldi are too talented to continue being kept off the scoresheet. Need that line to fire the way the MacMillan and Gaarder lines are firing.

I agree completely, Rocco has too many chances not to have more points. At this point our lines, collectively, are too inconsistent. CC is such a bad team...und keeps shooting themselves in the foot at such important times. It's mind boggling.

Out played CC majority of the game. Started the charge maybe a little late though. Never a fan of blaming one guy for a loss, but it sure would be nice to feel confident when the puck is in the defensive zone!

I feel like I just wait for the screw up pass, and then the three shots on the Sioux's net and one doinker drops in!

At the other end I watch with the same type fear, but with seeing 5-6 nice shots from the Sioux and wondering if they will get one by the better goalie on the ice that night! Seems like these feelings have been too familiar the last few years?

The boys played great...late, but if they pour it on tomorrow like the last two periods tonight, all should be fine!

I'm thinking all of this could be a good thing in disquise....?

Go FIGHTING SIOUX!!

agree with everything you said. why is it we cant shoot a puck without hitting a player from the other team???

I think the Sioux are in a one and done situation from here on out, as are every other NCHC team. The crappy noncon record has brought the entire conference to this point. Sioux can't lose tomorrow, nor can the lose to any teams that are remaining next week.

This...^^^^^^!

It is what it is unfortunately due to all factors. But 3-3 in last 6. Spotting CC a 2 goal lead 2 straight nights at home. Having to play tonight due to a bad bounce goal, super soft goal and a bantam giveaway in front of your own net OT goal. And this squad now has to win 3 in a row just get into the NCAAs? I would be shocked if UND doesn't pull out a win tonight. Then it is basically a "home" series next weekend at the Target with the 4 remaining team. I should really like our chance in these next 3 but.....................the better team didn't win last night. It's hockey!

This team is not talented enough to win on talent alone...they HAVE to bring everything they have for 60 minutes, do the simple things really well, get shots on goal and drive the net.

CC did a great job keeping us on the perimeter.

Why this team will not make the NCAAs: inconsistency, poor powerplay

Why this team will make the NCAAs: When they fire, they fire like a Sioux team

I think Jewels will put up massive numbers when he is a senior. There's more than little Osh in him.

This...^^^^^^!

It is what it is unfortunately due to all factors. But 3-3 in last 6. Spotting CC a 2 goal lead 2 straight nights at home. Having to play tonight due to a bad bounce goal, super soft goal and a bantam giveaway in front of your own net OT goal. And this squad now has to win 3 in a row just get into the NCAAs? I would be shocked if UND doesn't pull out a win tonight. Then it is basically a "home" series next weekend at the Target with the 4 remaining team. I should really like our chance in these next 3 but.....................the better team didn't win last night. It's hockey!

That was a big loss last night. Still somewhat shocked as UNd was so much better than CC.

No spotting CC a two goal lead to start the game tonite. It is ok for the home team to score first too.

From a 1st hand account the last 2 nights UND is far and away the better team but if CC scores first again tonight................

Gothberg has not been playing inspired, and our top guns are having trouble scoring. That does not bode well for post season play.

Not too many years ago, UND was the fitter, tougher team. I am not seeing that. We are essentially a one line team, which can work in tournament hockey, with the TV timeouts and such. IF we can get there. Even so, Zane has GOT to make the easy saves, and most of the hard ones too.

Look at the. Bright side if we don't make the NCHC tourney or the NCAA maybe Hak will change how he does things, can't count how many hard off the glass give always the last two games when we had a short pass available.

Maybe?? Zero chance.

IMO on a side note there is not one underclassmen that should even remotely consider leaving early...none.

Gothberg has not been playing inspired, and our top guns are having trouble scoring. That does not bode well for post season play.

Not too many years ago, UND was the fitter, tougher team. I am not seeing that. We are essentially a one line team, which can work in tournament hockey, with the TV timeouts and such. IF we can get there. Even so, Zane has GOT to make the easy saves, and most of the hard ones too.

I think you're being a tad hard on the guy. His numbers have been good this weekend. I would put more blame in the guys not scoring when they're on the doorstep. I don't know how many times I saw the drop pass to a wide open forward only to see a logo or glass shot. Go check out Zanes numbers for the weekend. A lot of teams would take them.

Maybe?? Zero chance.

IMO on a side note there is not one underclassmen that should even remotely consider leaving early...none.

Not for NHL readiness reasons, but maybe for improving development- Rocco has regressed IMO, Slavin and the Swede for CC look every bit as good as Schmaltz...

Zane has made some real big point blank saves in both 1st periods of the first 2 games to keep the Sioux in the game. I'm sure the first couple goals yesterday he would want back but the first one was just a real strange play and the 2nd one our d should have stepped up and closed the gap on the CC player instead of backing in to the dots. I'm very confident Zane will have a very strong game again tonight. Limit the odd man rushes and turnovers, play right from the opening faceoff and I'm confident we will be at Target Center next weekend.