SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC - Saturday

Blackheart

I'm sure J. Dahl will do an update, but with 5, 6, & 7 seed making NCHC tourney, my guess is UND will need to win next 3 games just to make NCAA's.

Correct. That's all I was saying. Geez

Too bad this team can't put together all out effort for the entire 60 minutes... haven't all year and I'm not confident they will tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong.

I disagree. the effort was there all night. If they had potted even half of the prime chances they had, they would have won by 3. They were working hard all night.

I'm glad that this team gets to play with its backs up against the wall. Hopefully someone shows them video of the UNO players, and Duluth players after their season was ended on their home ice by a visiting team.

Tomorrow should be the best this UND team can play. Both teams are playing for their lives. Heck, UND probably playing for their lives every time they step on the ice from now on.

I disagree. the effort was there all night. If they had potted even half of the prime chances they had, they would have won by 3. They were working hard all night.

Do you really feel they played as hard in the first as they did in the second? No way... Not that they played all that bad in the first but we can see what this team can do when it wants to... Same effort in the first as the rest of the game and the Sioux would have punched their ticket for next weekend.

I'm glad that this team gets to play with its backs up against the wall. Hopefully someone shows them video of the UNO players, and Duluth players after their season was ended on their home ice by a visiting team.

Tomorrow should be the best this UND team can play. Both teams are playing for their lives. Heck, UND probably playing for their lives every time they step on the ice from now on.

I think the Sioux are in a one and done situation from here on out, as are every other NCHC team. The crappy noncon record has brought the entire conference to this point. Sioux can't lose tomorrow, nor can the lose to any teams that are remaining next week.

Do you really feel they played as hard in the first as they did in the second? No way... Not that they played all that bad in the first but we can see what this team can do when it wants to... Same effort in the first as the rest of the game and the Sioux would have punched their ticket for next weekend.

I agree with willy, another lackluster first 20-25 minutes and another 2-0 deficit for the 2nd straight game with season potentially on the line (maybe even 3rd game in a row weren't they down to WM 2-0 also)

I don't think it's always lack of effort when this team loses, as everyone seems to think. Sometimes, sure, but remember Koberinski saying before the game that to start the game tonight, the d shouldn't be pinching in the ozone, they should be sticking to the perimeter and chipping pucks off the glass, etc? HIs idea was to take care of the puck and not make mistakes. I think Hak was thinking that too, and the problem with that is that the other team, if it's playing to survive, will be lying in wait and trying to jump everything. The boys hustled, they just didn't play an offense-minded game in the first. A tipped puck and soft goal cost them.

I think we have talked about this time and again, that it doesn't appear a lot of our teams have had a killer instinct. They seem to play well when they have their backs against the wall, but once they find a little breathing space, they lose, or wait until they are behind the eight ball to start and play. At one point it seemed like a foregone conclusion they would make the NCAA tournament, and now it looks as though they may need to win the NCHC tournament, because all the teams left don't provide a chance to leapfrog teams. It doesn't bode well for the NCAA tournament if they do make it if they wait until half way through the first period to play. No shots on goal through the first seven minutes of both playoff games isn't the way to come out for playoff hockey. When you leave it to chance, you can get bit, and now it looks as though they will have to be fighting against teams that all of a sudden think they have a decent chance at the NCAA tournament in CC, Miami, and Western Michigan.

I don't think it's always lack of effort when this team loses, as everyone seems to think. Sometimes, sure, but remember Koberinski saying before the game that to start the game tonight, the d shouldn't be pinching in the ozone, they should be sticking to the perimeter and chipping pucks off the glass, etc? HIs idea was to take care of the puck and not make mistakes. I think Hak was thinking that too, and the problem with that is that the other team, if it's playing to survive, will be lying in wait and trying to jump everything. The boys hustled, they just didn't play an offense-minded game in the first. A tipped puck and soft goal cost them.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree about the effort part. About 20 missed nets cost them too... not only does putting it on net give you a scoring chance it creates rebounds, which this team relies on to win games.

Aside from winning tomorrow, it'd be extremely helpful if the favorites from the other leagues would win their league tournaments. A couple of the other bubble teams around us could drop out of the running next weekend with losses.

That said, I really, really, really hate having to rely on other teams and back our way into the tournament.

Mankato wins in OT over Northern Michigan and leapfrogs the Sioux into 14 in Pairwise. UND drops to 15. CRAP!

Don't think the pairwise matters much anymore... this team will most likely have to win the tourney to get an auto. What a disappointment the NCHC has been in it's first season.

St Cloud isn't exactly sitting pretty right now...North Dakota controls its destiny tomorrow night. It's that simple.

YOu might be right - but My guess is St. Cloud is pretty safe sitting @10 with no chance to lose any games next weekend (and I think that was Dahl's position also even if SC lost twice). However you never know as a result of the NCH's poor on-conference results.