SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA D-I basketball tournament

jimdahl

Would you rather get blown out in the CIT like the men?

Well....yeah... :p

I dunno. Just having zero chance of winning a national championship ever again. I love the national spotlight. Great job ladies. But we're never going to out recruit Connecticut, Tennessee, Duke, etc. Maybe I'll feel different if they upset a team down the road.

Once again, tremendous job ladies. Represented the university very well. Great job coach Brewster!

Evers, Loyd, Szabla, Knox, Dyer, Lauck, Burck Dillon, Kiser back and more than likely better than they are now; plus some unproven bench players and good recruits coming in ... Should be another fun year next year. Thank you, Madi, Alyssa, and Katie! You were/are class acts!

• Upvote 2

I dunno. Just having zero chance of winning a national championship ever again. I love the national spotlight. Great job ladies. But we're never going to out recruit Connecticut, Tennessee, Duke, etc. Maybe I'll feel different if they upset a team down the road.

Once again, tremendous job ladies. Represented the university very well. Great job coach Brewster!

FU is in the same boat and I think they are more than happy with what the MBB team has done this year. We'll have to focus on FB, MH and WH for our national championships. Of these, FU has only FB, so we have that going for us...which is nice!!! :D

It's the same if UND went to the FBS. The only sport where we have a shot (realistically) at a NC is football and hockey. Should we have stayed in DII? No. Just ask the DI teams who have been in DI for decades and has never made the postseason. You never know until you are dancing.

It's the same if UND went to the FBS. The only sport where we have a shot (realistically) at a NC is football and hockey. Should we have stayed in DII? No. Just ask the DI teams who have been in DI for decades and has never made the postseason. You never know until you are dancing.

Going FBS in FB would be a huge mistake, as some other schools have found out. If we just stick with what we have, we'll be fine in the long run.

I sure wish Buck had another year--what a player. Hopefully ND and/or northwest Minnesota can start producing more players like her. It used to be that way not so many years ago.

What a flashback when they showed a clip from the NCAA titles in 97-99, those were great players with area affiliation. The Pudenz sisters, Katie Richards, and of course my crush Jenny Crouse (from Illinois) but close enough. ;)

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the ladies - you made history! 2nd year and you're DI Conference Champs and made the big dance - thanks for the memories! Best performances from 2 ND girls - one who proved she could play at the DI level from Bismarck and a hometown girl from Red River (E-Money!) who proved she could play at this level too - very cool!

There is a lot to like about tonight. They laid it all on the line tonight and that is all we can really ask for. I'll admit that this wasn't even in my wildest dream that these girls could go this far in the beginning of the year. Those Canadian Scrimmages in August really helped lay the foundation to the start of the year.

Thank you Madi and Alyssa, for everything you have done and for all the hard work you have put in.

Next year? Those two girls will be hard to replace. But I love our chances to get back to the NCAAs next year. Getting Lauck and Dillon back from injuries is huge. Lauck can give us leadership and the inside/outside threat. Josie can be the 3 point expert off the bench that we so desperately need. Evers will be the main girl at center, she will be a great leader on the court and will be a tough matchup for anyone, but between Roscoe, O'Toole, and Kiser someone needs to step up and help out Evers to make her successful. Szabla and Knox will only be better next year, Szabla need to take a little bit better control of the ball and work on her offense a little bit more. Knox just needs to stay steady. Dyer will need to be more consistent next year, but having her for a full year next year will be awesome. Siri will be another tough senior leader who needs to just pull the trigger from 3, she can make that shot.

Mia... she is going to be special. She just needs to keep expanding her range. If she can start hitting 3's consistently... un-guardable. In all honesty, another Big Sky POY in the making.

Oh, and after watching that Strand girl from Fergus this weekend? She will be in the rotation and will provide big minutes in the 2nd unit. She can score in multiple ways.

The conference will be a war with Idaho now joining up, Montana will be tough next year, so will ISU, SAC, UNC. The Gophers come here next year, and we more than likely will head down to USD and NDSU, plus whatever ranked teams we play. I hope with the 2 extra games, 1 of them is to add SDSU next season.

Big thing next year? Get another post to help Evers, get some outside shooting, and just keep up what you did from last year. Lets take the next step and start getting some more signature wins.

• Upvote 2

I know UND signed a few recruits a while ago. After a fantastic season now would be the time to land another star recruit. Do they have any scholarship money still available for next year?

If everybody comes back, I'm thinking there may not be any scholarships left. But I could be wrong if there is more than one walk-on on the present roster.

Nice showing by the ladies. Stuck with it even after A&M went on a run. Very impressive season for them, Coach Brew and his staff. Need to keep it up, have a lot returning next year. League won't get any easier with Idaho back in the mix and UND will likely have a target on their back as the preseason favorite.

There is a lot to like about tonight. They laid it all on the line tonight and that is all we can really ask for. I'll admit that this wasn't even in my wildest dream that these girls could go this far in the beginning of the year. Those Canadian Scrimmages in August really helped lay the foundation to the start of the year.

Thank you Madi and Alyssa, for everything you have done and for all the hard work you have put in.

Next year? Those two girls will be hard to replace. But I love our chances to get back to the NCAAs next year. Getting Lauck and Dillon back from injuries is huge. Lauck can give us leadership and the inside/outside threat. Josie can be the 3 point expert off the bench that we so desperately need. Evers will be the main girl at center, she will be a great leader on the court and will be a tough matchup for anyone, but between Roscoe, O'Toole, and Kiser someone needs to step up and help out Evers to make her successful. Szabla and Knox will only be better next year, Szabla need to take a little bit better control of the ball and work on her offense a little bit more. Knox just needs to stay steady. Dyer will need to be more consistent next year, but having her for a full year next year will be awesome. Siri will be another tough senior leader who needs to just pull the trigger from 3, she can make that shot.

Mia... she is going to be special. She just needs to keep expanding her range. If she can start hitting 3's consistently... un-guardable. In all honesty, another Big Sky POY in the making.

Oh, and after watching that Strand girl from Fergus this weekend? She will be in the rotation and will provide big minutes in the 2nd unit. She can score in multiple ways.

The conference will be a war with Idaho now joining up, Montana will be tough next year, so will ISU, SAC, UNC. The Gophers come here next year, and we more than likely will head down to USD and NDSU, plus whatever ranked teams we play. I hope with the 2 extra games, 1 of them is to add SDSU next season.

Big thing next year? Get another post to help Evers, get some outside shooting, and just keep up what you did from last year. Lets take the next step and start getting some more signature wins.

Nice analysis. Question--who do you see as most likely to step up as the backup post? I am somewhat intrigued by O'Toole, although I've never seen her play. She seems to have some similarities to Evers. Or at least they had similar high school numbers, although O'Toole was playing against better competition in Minnesota 4A.

With Wall in foul trouble Evers had extended minutes. though Evers was a trooper, it looked like she was tired and probably not as effective. So, I am encouraged that she can play more than 3 minutes at a time but it would be nice to rotate somebody else in. Maybe let Evers play four or five minutes at a crack if needed. Coach might adjust the offense and defense depending on who is playing. Sure was nice having two bigs.