SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA D-I basketball tournament

jimdahl

Well, it was fun while it lasted. :sad:

We hung around in the first half with some players left over from the transition period, which isn't too bad. If we can have more success in the Big Sky, we'll get better players and the next time we get into this tournament, we might hang around for the whole game (and maybe even pull off a first-round upset). The future looks bright for the WBB team.

Nice job ladies. Played them tough for the first half, but then of course the deeper team takes control of the game.

I'll be hated for this, but I'm not going to enjoy maybe winning the conference tournament only to get killed in the tournament every time they make it. Take no credit away from these ladies. Great great job!

Nice job ladies. Played them tough for the first half, but then of course the deeper team takes control of the game.

I'll be hated for this, but I'm not going to enjoy maybe winning the conference tournament only to get killed in the tournament every time they make it. Take no credit away from these ladies. Great great job!

Would you rather get blown out in the CIT like the men?

It's a definite trade-off. But how many people would still care about our teams if we had stayed in Division 2 and joined the NSIC? If you think we are invisible compared to FU now, that would have been 10 times worse.

And SDSU has proved over the years that mid-major schools like us can win games in the D-I Women's Tournament, not just keep it close for one half. Remember, we will get better players and better athletes from here on out as a full-fledged Division I program in the Big Sky Conference. The best is yet to come.

It's a definite trade-off. But how many people would still care about our teams if we had stayed in Division 2 and joined the NSIC? If you think we are invisible compared to FU now, that would have been 10 times worse.

I would rather get killed in the Dance then not making it at all.