SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Early Departures

brianvf

Yeah he'll play wing as he is so small. He was playing wing this year for developmental reason until Hak realized no one else was winning draws (and Rocco was out top faceoff man I believe).

Center generally has a lot more responsibilities than the winger. If I remember correctly, they moved Rocco to center in order to move Johnson to wing, thus giving Johnson some time to develop before giving him additional responsibilities.

Center generally has a lot more responsibilities than the winger. If I remember correctly, they moved Rocco to center in order to move Johnson to wing, thus giving Johnson some time to develop before giving him additional responsibilities.

Yup, and Johnson was really struggling in the circle, I started noticing it during the st Lawrence serious. Your statement made sense though. I was talking about Rocco's development though, as a winger. He only played center before he came to und

Yeah he'll play wing as he is so small. He was playing wing this year for developmental reason until Hak realized no one else was winning draws (and Rocco was out top faceoff man I believe).

Barkov, Bjugstad, Huberdeau are 1st round centers with size. I believe Huberdeau is playing on the wing this year and Barkov was injured. Like you said, Rocco would play wing for them, if he makes it.

Maybe because they don't let freshman and sophomores sign up until after the juniors and seniors do. I was signed up by this time.

I signed up during the Frozen Four once. I was in Denver and registered while there. I was at severe senior status due to a double degree thing though so I registered before most by quite a while. Lots of people don't register right away. The only way you really need to is if you have classes that are in high demand.

I signed up during the Frozen Four once. I was in Denver and registered while there. I was at severe senior status due to a double degree thing though so I registered before most by quite a while. Lots of people don't register right away. The only way you really need to is if you have classes that are in high demand.

I was overly anal about it.

I think it's already been posted elsewhere but word on the street is that Wilbur is leaving SiouxSports.com early despite having about 50 years of eligibility remaining.

Just another typical 25 year old Canadian leaving the Sioux sports family. :)

Just another typical 25 year old Canadian leaving the Sioux sports family. :)

Reminds me of a great 2001 Final Five story...Gopher fans in front of me debating who to cheer for in the championship game (North Dakota vs St Cloud State). They chatted for a few seconds and finally one guy says this:

"Gotta go with the Minnesota boys" and proceeds to fist-bump the other guy.

"Yea, cheer for the Minnesota kids, not the Canadians," was the reply.

I tapped one of the two guys on the shoulder as I handed him my tournament program. Told him to count the number of Minnesotans on St Cloud's roster and then count the number of them on North Dakota's roster and get back to me. You see, at the time, UND had more Minnesota kids than St Cloud did on the team.

The one guy checks over the program and realizes that I'm right. He tosses the game program over his shoulder (literally, without warning) and mumbles "f*** you...I'm still cheering for St Cloud." :lol:

• Upvote 3

Reminds me of a great 2001 Final Five story...Gopher fans in front of me debating who to cheer for in the championship game (North Dakota vs St Cloud State). They chatted for a few seconds and finally one guy says this:

I tapped one of the two guys on the shoulder as I handed him my tournament program. Told him to count the number of Minnesotans on St Cloud's roster and then count the number of them on North Dakota's roster and get back to me. You see, at the time, UND had more Minnesota kids than St Cloud did on the team.

The one guy checks over the program and realizes that I'm right. He tosses the game program over his shoulder (literally, without warning) and mumbles "f*** you...I'm still cheering for St Cloud." :lol:

hahaha :lol:

Rodent ignorance knows no bounds.

• 1 month later...

I still think Zane is a flight risk. Bleacher report is seeing what I was earlier this year:

"Goaltending prospect Subban could be shopped if current backup Chad Johnson decides to re-sign"

No chance, he decided to come back early in the off-season and he isn't the type of guy that would put the Sioux in the position they would be in if he were to leave now.

I still think Zane is a flight risk. Bleacher report is seeing what I was earlier this year:

"Goaltending prospect Subban could be shopped if current backup Chad Johnson decides to re-sign"

Zane Gothberg isn't going anywhere.