SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Early Departures

brianvf

Pretty sure the SiouxKid post was a joke.

That's what I got out of it. Just put it in there in case some people took it at face value. What I'm worried about is the fact that he isn't enrolled for next fall and didn't want to come back to campus over summer for classes.

That's what I got out of it. Just put it in there in case some people took it at face value. What I'm worried about is the fact that he isn't enrolled for next fall and didn't want to come back to campus over summer for classes.

My thought is... he's gotta make a decision, why waste time signing up for classes if you have yet to make your decision? Plus, it's a little bit early to be signed up for the fall. Not that he hasn't had the opportunity, but he doesn't need to sign up at this point, yet.

Maybe the summer thing is him just not wanting to be on campus? I personally LOVED online classes when I was at UND. Just trying to be overly optimistic here :)

My thought is... he's gotta make a decision, why waste time signing up for classes if you have yet to make your decision? Plus, it's a little bit early to be signed up for the fall. Not that he hasn't had the opportunity, but he doesn't need to sign up at this point, yet.

Maybe the summer thing is him just not wanting to be on campus? I personally LOVED online classes when I was at UND. Just trying to be overly optimistic here :)

Yea I would guess that is about right. He's probably in communication with Florida but I don't think anything is set. I too really want to see him back on campus.

Schmaltz and Parks have confirmed they will return to UND.

Jayson Hajdu@UNDSID 3m

Sophomore defenseman Jordan Schmaltz and junior forward Michael Parks have both confirmed that they'll return to UND next year. @UNDMHockey

Great news! I don't feel as good about Rocco anymore. I sure do wish he would play one more year, however, when we got him I figured only 2-3 years. Anything more than that would be lucky.

Actually you should already be signed up for fall classes.

Great news! I don't feel as good about Rocco anymore. I sure do wish he would play one more year, however, when we got him I figured only 2-3 years. Anything more than that would be lucky.

I was most concerned with Schmaltz even though we have good D depth as I think he could really have a breakout year next season. Add in the fact that if he left there may have been a chance we could lose out on his brother too and that would be a far bigger loss than Grimaldi. I'm not sure if Grimaldi will leave or not but I don't think he should and hope he comes back and gets close to the expectations most had for him when he arrived.

I was most concerned with Schmaltz even though we have good D depth as I think he could really have a breakout year next season. Add in the fact that if he left there may have been a chance we could lose out on his brother too and that would be a far bigger loss than Grimaldi. I'm not sure if Grimaldi will leave or not but I don't think he should and hope he comes back and gets close to the expectations most had for him when he arrived.

There were alot of comparisons to Nate Gerbe when he was recruited. If we could get production from Rocco next year, like BC got out of Gerbe (or even close) I think alot of people would be really happy. Hard to forget Gerbe's hat trick against us when BC just dominated the Sioux.

Agreed, I have thought this the whole time. There was someone on this site who kept saying N Schmaltz is a lock to come in like they had an inside contact or something. I need that reassurance again.

Had a really good source tell me late last fall that Windsor wasn't really even on Nick's radar anymore and that he was very much looking forward to playing with Jordan at UND. I haven't heard anything since then, with no reason to expect anything to change. Family really wants to see him play at UND, and with Jordan returning, I'd be very, very surprised if Nick went CHL.

• Upvote 1

I know at least two people that are very very good friends with Rocco and they say he probably has never been to a bar. Also one of his roommates turn 21 about a month ago and has alcohol in the apartment and Rocco doesn't like it. Also I can say that he is not enrolled in class for next fall yet and was asking a professor about summer classes and how he was wishing some of his classes were offered online. Take it for what it's worth. What i got out of it he hasn't made a decision.

Edit his roommate said Rocco hasn't signed with an NHL team as of today 11:00 and I'm in class with him now so doubt he will sign during this hour.

The fact that he is still going to class is somewhat promising.... Also, I wouldn't read into the online classes thing too much, as it may just be that he likes to have a flexible schedule.

The fact that he is still going to class is somewhat promising.... Also, I wouldn't read into the online classes thing too much, as it may just be that he likes to have a flexible schedule.

Yea I do think that a decision hasn't been made and I don't know when the team usually is working out over summer but he did say something along the lines of not wanting to be up here this summer