SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

It's pretty easy to recruit in their situation. The challenge for them will be developing that talent and mostly keeping complacency at bay.

I understand why you would say this, but it is never easy. Yes I'd prefer doing it with a few rings on my hand, but staying there takes a lot of hard work and focus on the recruiting trail. It is very easy to get arrogant and complacent while your competition is humble and outworks you (see Rocky vs Roger in the 90s).

If Klieman has learned that already he's ahead of the game.

You'd think fans of a team coming off 3 straight championships wouldn't have such an inferiority complex. Sad that they immediately contact the kid to see why he choose UND over NDSU. Don't see them doing that for other schools. Also they never bring up what other offers from them or other schools are partials vs. fulls. Had no problem talking with the kid and reporting his NDSU offer when he got it, not a mention of how much it was. Only took him an hour or two to come up with it after he made his decision. Real surprising that the faithful are leaving it at only being a "partial" and didn't disclose that the partial was actually an 80% scholarship.

It is amazing how Moo U fans don't go ape sh-t when UNI gets a player from them or SDSU or USD or anyone else. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!! Reality will really strike them when they realize their team is not an NFL team ready to challenge Alabama, but just an FCS team challenging UNI and SDSU for their conference title.

It is amazing how Moo U fans don't go ape sh-t when UNI gets a player from them or SDSU or USD or anyone else. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!! Reality will really strike them when they realize their team is not an NFL team ready to challenge Alabama, but just an FCS team challenging UNI and SDSU for their conference title.

Poor darell so clueless... We only have so many scholarships this year so a lot of our offers are partials as are most FCS schools. You can only take so many DL or RB's and once you have what you want you drop your other offers for those positions. Every school has different needs but usually try to get the best athletes at those positions. NT kid looks good. Heard somewhere that his dad is a UND alum.

Poor darell so clueless... We only have so many scholarships this year so a lot of our offers are partials as are most FCS schools. You can only take so many DL or RB's and once you have what you want you drop your other offers for those positions. Every school has different needs but usually try to get the best athletes at those positions. NT kid looks good. Heard somewhere that his dad is a UND alum.

Are you trying to spin it now that his offer was dropped?

But you guys go nuts when a kid picks UND over FU. Do you go this crazy if a kid picks SDSU or USD over your school? Do you create a name on their board to voice why the kid (in your Bison way) picked their school over yours. Go play now Bison Jan.

Nothing to say in my opinion - NDSU has straight up received several commitments from players UND wanted...

And as 3 time defending champion they pretty much should at this point, but when one picks UND over NDSU, Bison Jan and his posse has to go nuts and defend why NDSU "let him go". When Bubba gets this team going on the right track, more and more kids will be picking UND over them.

Sioux FB Insider article on our new recruit

http://siouxfb.areav...5-elijah-grady/

Besides football, Grady is a standout basketball player for the Eagles. In the spring Grady throws shot put and discus, which he won last spring at the State Class B meet (beating fellow UND signee Austin Cieslak). For good measure, he also boxes on the side. Boxers always have outstanding footwork and hand quickness – a good combo that translates well to the gridiron for defensive lineman.

Sounds like a great kid to have on the team. Welcome aboard!!

And as 3 time defending champion they pretty much should at this point, but when one picks UND over NDSU, Bison Jan and his posse has to go nuts and defend why NDSU "let him go".

Excellent point, Darell. No need for NDSU fans to worry on this anyway as if he picked UND over NDSU just as you say, he clearly has decision making problems.....

• Upvote 1

And as 3 time defending champion they pretty much should at this point, but when one picks UND over NDSU, Bison Jan and his posse has to go nuts and defend why NDSU "let him go". When Bubba gets this team going on the right track, more and more kids will be picking UND over them.

You appear to have an awful lot of blind faith in Bubba. He hasn't proven much over the last 10 years and he has no track record of success at the FCS level. I know you think UND and Grand Forks is an easy place to recruit to when recruiting Twin City or Wisconsin kids, but I think you may be mistaken. I heard Jaxson Brown on the radio the other day and he said the size and amount of things to do in Fargo surprised him and was a factor in his decision. That is an advantage that NDSU has over the other D1 schools in the Dakotas..

Grady is big time recruit. 6'5" 280 lb kid can run a 4.9 40. Great feet good quickness and good student. He plans to major in nursing so UND with all of the other health care options provides more flexibility. Smart academic choice with great opportunity to be part of the group that gets our program turned around again. This kid is blue chip recruit with potential to be one of the best ever.

Nothing to say in my opinion - NDSU has straight up received several commitments from players UND wanted...

They have commitments from #'s 5,8,9 and 13 in the top 15 Minnesota prospects for 2015. If they manage to get Johannesson, it could be an incredible class.

You appear to have an awful lot of blind faith in Bubba. He hasn't proven much over the last 10 years and he has no track record of success at the FCS level. I know you think UND and Grand Forks is an easy place to recruit to when recruiting Twin City or Wisconsin kids, but I think you may be mistaken. I heard Jaxson Brown on the radio the other day and he said the size and amount of things to do in Fargo surprised him and was a factor in his decision. That is an advantage that NDSU has over the other D1 schools in the Dakotas..

Total Defense:

2013: SIU 21st (yds against/game) UND 115th out of 121 teams, I think I will have a lot more faith in Bubba than Muss.

Last 10 years:

2005 NCC Conference Champions (head coach)

2008 Missouri Valley Football Conference Champions (D coordinator)

2009 Missouri Valley Football Conference Champions (D coordinator)

NDSU has the 3-peat advantage and that's definitely their primary advantage. If NDSU starts losing and UND starts winning, UND will be right back in the recruiting picture as far as going recruit for recruit with NDSU.

Last 10 years:

2005 NCC Conference Champions (head coach)

2008 Missouri Valley Football Conference Champions (D coordinator)

2009 Missouri Valley Football Conference Champions (D coordinator)

NDSU has the 3-peat advantage and that's definitely their primary advantage. If NDSU starts losing and UND starts winning, UND will be right back in the recruiting picture as far as going recruit for recruit with NDSU.

It may also take a couple of recruiting classes to flush out all those kids that were home watching gameday from Fargo. As time goes by that picture won't be as vivid.

Per Dom Izzo, UND offeree Ty Brooks from Fargo South has verballed to the ac.

Funny how Bison fans, including SamsRams, haven't mentioned that NDSU offered Brooks 25% more than UND did. They are are so obsessed with the partial vs. full thing.

You did read his tweet when UND offered right? He wasn't interested.

Not sure what that has to do with my post but whatever.

Point is be consistent about offer amounts if that is what concerns you. To me it really isn't that big of a deal since they are usually fairly close in amounts. Believe it or not, NDSU does offer MORE than other schools to some of their recruits. :silly:

• Upvote 1

Not sure what that has to do with my post but whatever.

Point is be consistent about offer amounts if that is what concerns you. To me it really isn't that big of a deal since they are usually fairly close in amounts. Believe it or not, NDSU does offer MORE than other schools to some of their recruits. :silly:

and you are invited to make that information public, just like they are.