SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Based upon a Kevin Maurice tweet, somebody from Louisville has apparently committed to UND today, although I don't know whether it's a last-minute addition to the 2014 class, or an early 2015 commit.

LB Marcus Jenkins-Moore, the FBS transfer from the University of Kansas, is originally from Louisville, Kentucky.

Nice to see a recruit picked UND over NDSU. It is a start. Hopefully that is a situation that keeps happening in the future. Keep it going Bubba.

Met this young man last weekend at NDSU's elite camp. Great kid and will be an asset at UND. He has a twin brother.

Tall and lean....6-5 or 6-6. Couple of years in the weight room and he will be a good OL player.

Kudos to UND....very nice young man.

• Upvote 1

Met this young man last weekend at NDSU's elite camp. Great kid and will be an asset at UND. He has a twin brother.

Tall and lean....6-5 or 6-6. Couple of years in the weight room and he will be a good OL player.

Thanks, bisoninnwmn. We don't take these "gets" for granted, given the stiff competition for high-end in-state recruits. That's a tribute to what's going on at SU. It'll make us both better

I appreciate your positive comment - one without any smack!

Offeree Brock Robbins of Cavalier is going to NDSU. But, his Mom played for NDSU basketball so there is that excuse to use even though UND offered more money. :silly:

It had seemed he would choose UND but I guess that changed. Cavalier's pipeline to UND has faded in recent years. Last player was Brady Trenbeath and since then they've all gone to NDSU.

Bubba does not own North Dakota you moron.

NDSU is benefiting from Craig Bohl's success; that could very much change over the next few years.

Thing is I think that they will benefit for a year or two more. I just hope that Bubba can go out and put together a solid team and then we can compete more for these top end recruits. I was really hoping for Robbins, as his brother I think goes to UND but his mom was a NDSU basketball player, and Darnell, as his sister goes to UND. I think, hopefully, the Bison will fall a little but will still probably win a couple play off games the next couple of years. But if Bubba can make a run at playoffs in 2 or 3 years I think we will become more competitive with these recruits, especially the ones with ties to UND. This next year is very important in my opinion on the future success of UND football in the next 2 or 3 years.

Thing is I think that they will benefit for a year or two more. I just hope that Bubba can go out and put together a solid team and then we can compete more for these top end recruits. I was really hoping for Robbins, as his brother I think goes to UND but his mom was a NDSU basketball player, and Darnell, as his sister goes to UND. I think, hopefully, the Bison will fall a little but will still probably win a couple play off games the next couple of years. But if Bubba can make a run at playoffs in 2 or 3 years I think we will become more competitive with these recruits, especially the ones with ties to UND. This next year is very important in my opinion on the future success of UND football in the next 2 or 3 years.

What is his mother's maiden name?

Someone with more inside recruiting information shed some light on early commits. One school of thought says the early commits are a good sign as early offers go to those recruits highest on your wish list, so those verbals are the guys you've targeted with highest value. Some say early commits are risky as there's so much time to decommit if/when other schools come on later. Some say it doesn't matter.

I'm just wondering if I should make anything of the comparatively low number of verbals I'm seeing so far, or if one verbal at this point is actually pretty standard from year to year and the ac has an unusually high number this year.

Some of our early commits have been very solid players the last few years. It also seems that some of the "high end" recruits wait til late in the process to gather all their options and make a dedication. I don't think there's a huge correlation between the quality of commits based on when they verbal though.

Some of our early commits have been very solid players the last few years. It also seems that some of the "high end" recruits wait til late in the process to gather all their options and make a dedication. I don't think there's a huge correlation between the quality of commits based on when they verbal though.

I think the quality correlation lies more in the question of whether or not the early offers/verbals are going to those recruits you have ranked the highest on your board. Or put more simply, are UNDs (and everyone else's) early offers going to the guys they want the most?