SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I saw that Brock Shaide was at the one day camp. I assume he's Monty's son. If he's half as mean and tough as his dad he'd be a welcome addition to the program. For those that don't know, his dad was a big reason for the early 90's culture change at UND, he was one bad ass muther !@#!$.

That should be Big Sky territory.

I was thinking the same thing.

People out here seem to be very familiar with UND due to the relationship in hockey with CC and DU. Some trolls may try to refute this but i live here and whenever I say I am from ND many people immediately associate that with UND Hockey.

I hope the great guys over at SFI don't mind my posting this. Wiki has been undated with this along with quite a bit of other new info:

UND recently held their first of two One-Day Elite Camps. Many of the attendees were potential targets in the Class of 2015 and 2016. There were a total of 120 players there from 10 states and 1 Canadian province. We verified that they offered the following players following the camp:

• Elijah Grady – New Town, ND. 6’3″-250
  • Zack Williams – Winnipeg, MB. 6’6″-260
  • Carl Engwall – Lakeville, MN. 6’4″-230

It is apparent that the new staff is getting into Canada much more than the previous staff did. We have been doing some digging and here are a few names of players that UND has been in contact with:

• Graydon Campbell – Greely, Ontario
    • Jakob Butler – Sherwood Park, Alberta
    • Colton Hunchak – Calgary, Alberta

- See more at: http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2014/06/26/a-wr-signing-and-more/#comment-12826

New offer per Scout:

CB KiAnte Hardin, 5'10", 155, 4.7, Webb City (Webb City), MO Has offers from Tulsa, Toledo, UMN, Bowling Green, Ball St & Austin Peay.

This kid must have some talent - weighs only 155 and isn't that fast but lots of offers!

**** Edit ****

Just checked him out in 247, they have him at 165 with 4.44 speed. He also has offers from E IL, Murray St, MO St & UNI.

New offer per Scout:

CB KiAnte Hardin, 5'10", 155, 4.7, Webb City (Webb City), MO Has offers from Tulsa, Toledo, UMN, Bowling Green, Ball St & Austin Peay.

This kid must have some talent - weighs only 155 and isn't that fast but lots of offers!

**** Edit ****

Just checked him out in 247, they have him at 165 with 4.44 speed. He also has offers from E IL, Murray St, MO St & UNI.

Not sure if this offer is accurate. Looked through his twitter and it noted every offer and we weren't one.

Not sure if this offer is accurate. Looked through his twitter and it noted every offer and we weren't one.

I have tried to confirm this offer but have had no luck. As Scout still reflects an offer from us, I will revise Wiki. However, I bet you are correct and that he has not been offered.

I can't wait to see what Bubba and co put together with a full year to recruit. They did pretty outstanding given the circumstances with their first class.

Appears to be heavily recruiting North Dakota, Minnesota (particularly Minneapolis area), and Illinois. Throw in Wisconsin and Detroit-area and I think we have ourselves a nice pipeline going.

Also Canada

UND with a couple offers in Wisonsin. First to safety Jaxon Brown out of Eau Claire Regis, second to TE/DE Cole Karcz out of Germantown. Brown has offers from NDSU, SDSU and Fordham while Karcz has offers from NDSU and USD.

Why?

The simplest reason is because its a Big Ten school. UND and NDSU won't win many if any recruiting battles with Big Ten schools. Like I said if he gets more big time offers like a Nebraska or something that may change things but as of now I believe Minnesota is the only big time program to offer him.

The simplest reason is because its a Big Ten school. UND and NDSU won't win many if any recruiting battles with Big Ten schools. Like I said if he gets more big time offers like a Nebraska or something that may change things but as of now I believe Minnesota is the only big time program to offer him.

I get you. I wasn't looking at it from a UND/NDSU vs MN perspective. I fully expect other FBS schools to offer him, so from that perspective Minnesota's front runner status will be short lived. Unless of course he has some personal connection which makes him more likely to want to go to MN. However, when you grow up in Fargo watching your home town team beat MN it is less likely that he would view the gophers as a better option than some other FBS school that is likely to offer.

I remember a Bryan Smeltzer from Devils Lake who played at UND in the 1980's. I assume Jake may be a relative?

When he announced offer on Twitter he said "my grandparents will love this"........ Not sure if Bryan would be old enough to be a grandparent to the kid but maybe an uncle......