SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

UND has offered a couple LBs - Tristyn Hanson out of Lakeville North and Dexavier Kelly out of Nazareth Illinois. Kelly could also possibly play Safety. Hanson has an offer from Air Force and Kelly has an offer from Illinois State.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/489427/tristyn-hanson

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2503914/decxavier-kelly-martin

Maybe still a little work left to do on the perception of the program to local athletes. Getting on the same field with the ac won't hurt.

http://recruiting.sc...ning-steam?s=73

Ben Ellefson is a 6-foot-4, 225-pound tight end prospect who shows impressive ball skills on tape. His recruitment is beginning to pick up and he now holds three football offers.

"Air Force and South Dakota State [offered] and I have a D2 scholarship from North Dakota and one for basketball," he said. "It's really humbling. It makes you think about it a little more. It's definitely a fun experience getting that call telling you're getting an offer and paid schooling. It's a reminder that hard work pays off."

"I haven't finalized it yet, but Air Force and I might go to Wyoming for camp and then I have Iowa State early in June and Minnesota camp as well, then a couple closer to home like North Dakota State, South Dakota State and possibly Northern Iowa."

Maybe still a little work left to do on the perception of the program to local athletes. Getting on the same field with the ac won't hurt.

Ben Ellefson is a 6-foot-4, 225-pound tight end prospect who shows impressive ball skills on tape. His recruitment is beginning to pick up and he now holds three football offers.

"Air Force and South Dakota State [offered] and I have a D2 scholarship from North Dakota and one for basketball," he said. "It's really humbling. It makes you think about it a little more. It's definitely a fun experience getting that call telling you're getting an offer and paid schooling. It's a reminder that hard work pays off."

"I haven't finalized it yet, but Air Force and I might go to Wyoming for camp and then I have Iowa State early in June and Minnesota camp as well, then a couple closer to home like North Dakota State, South Dakota State and possibly Northern Iowa."

Would hope that when that came out nearly a month ago, that the young man received a phone call setting the record straight.

Still I am surprised that he is not aware that UND is DI. Hawley is only about 110 miles from Grand Forks. Hawley gets local tv from Fargo, which provides a good amount of coverage of UND sports (I've seen some whiners post that UND gets too much).

Would hope that when that came out nearly a month ago, that the young man received a phone call setting the record straight.

Still I am surprised that he is not aware that UND is DI. Hawley is only about 110 miles from Grand Forks. Hawley gets local tv from Fargo, which provides a good amount of coverage of UND sports (I've seen some whiners post that UND gets too much).

Having a D2 offer from North Dakota could mean Mary, Minot State, etc. It didn't say UND.

Did surprise me too, but then again the BSC and by extension UND (to most on BV any UND coverage is too much) has no where near the share of voice in the Fargo media market as the mvfc/summit. While you can certainly find the scores (minus the games in progress by the 1020 sports), the sports discussion on tv, radio, and print centers around the standings and games with mvfc/summt.

The hockey team gets good coverage though.

He's referring to Mary with that quote. He doesn't have a UND offer.

And to think some on this site wanted Kleiman to join you. I guess its only a down grade when hes not on your staff?

Put me in that camp.

Remains to be seen if he is =, >, < to Bohl and in my opinion he would have also been a major upgrade to Mussman. It will be interesting to see how the next 4-5 years play out as Kleiman has a pretty well stocked team right now and Bubba is damn near starting with a team similar to what we had in year 1 of our transition.

Put me in that camp.

Remains to be seen if he is =, >, < to Bohl and in my opinion he would have also been a major upgrade to Mussman. It will be interesting to see how the next 4-5 years play out as Kleiman has a pretty well stocked team right now and Bubba is damn near starting with a team similar to what we had in year 1 of our transition.

He'll be < Bohl, that's a guarantee. Bohl had FBS defensive coordinator experience and then led NDSU to back-to-back-to-back national titles. NDSU should just hope that Klieman can produce 10 win seasons; never mind anymore national title hopes.