SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Yes - Do you know how to let stuff go and move on?

So you agree with CMSioux's rant about how great Mussman was, and how we should cut him some slack. Mussman kept this program from growing like the other Dakota schools did (even USD grew enough to knock off an FBS team). I'm sorry but he is the worst coach UND has had in over 3 decades.

So you agree with CMSioux's rant about how great Mussman was, and how we should cut him some slack. Mussman kept this program from growing like the other Dakota schools did (even USD grew enough to knock off an FBS team). I'm sorry but he is the worst coach UND has had in over 3 decades.

If that's what you got out of what CMSioux's post then you answered my question.

PS - Mussman went 3-1 against your "benchmark" team USD during the transition.

• Upvote 4

Yes - Do you know how to let stuff go and move on?

Hey, it was CMSioux that came on here and basically said (not in so many words) that Mussman did the best he could considering the circumstances.  That simply is not true based on the evidence.  Mussman was an outstanding offensive coordinator for us for many years; I don't think anybody would argue with that.  But his tenure as HC was nothing short of a disaster.  Having said that, I am happy with what Bubba is doing and I am looking forward to 2015.

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the info all of you that are in the know have put into this thread, thank you for that.

With about a week left til signing day, assuming no one jumps ship, How many spots remain to make this a full class?

I assume we have a hand full left assuming everyone who has committed, signs next Wednesday.

I think MLB and DL will be a couple positions we see some late commitments along with possibly the CB from IL (hopefully).

I assume we have a hand full left assuming everyone who has committed, signs next Wednesday.

I think MLB and DL will be a couple positions we see some late commitments along with possibly the CB from IL (hopefully).

We will take a corner if he could step in day 1.  Other than that the talent in the secondary is improved and has some size and depth.  We could have a Harris, Hilton, Reyes, Johnson secondary, all 6'2" or 6'3".  We have some other guys, too, Carter(s) and Brown, Flowers has 3 years eligibility.......

Inside backer - we need a guy or two, let's hope for a pleasant surprise.....I am sure the coaches are working on it.

D-Line......We need a dominate run stopper in the middle and I don't think we have one on the roster.  Greer should help, but it's tough for a true freshman to be dominate in the middle.  Last year we had 2 freshman on the outside.....a little light but I've heard they are adding some weight and will be improved.

Overall I agree with the positions of need. 

I believe there are still five spots open, and two of those will likely be saved in case there are FBS transfers over the spring and summer who may be good fits. So we may still see two or three more signees beyond those that are already known commitments.

I think you're right.  Biggest need right now is DL.

Your world boss, but a gag order doesn't take the suspension away.

Anyone who saw Davies on the field saw who wasn't out there during a certain stretch so 'suspension' is easy math.

But no need to rumor/speculate/guess/break FERPA/besmirch here. Let's just leave it at "were suspended". 

PS - Not "my world"; I'm just management, not ownership. ;) 

Anyone who saw Davies on the field saw who wasn't out there during a certain stretch so 'suspension' is easy math.

But no need to rumor/speculate/guess/break FERPA/besmirch here. Let's just leave it at "were suspended". 

PS - Not "my world"; I'm just management, not ownership. ;)

Quoting FERPA...IALTO  :D

Hey, it was CMSioux that came on here and basically said (not in so many words) that Mussman did the best he could considering the circumstances.  That simply is not true based on the evidence.  Mussman was an outstanding offensive coordinator for us for many years; I don't think anybody would argue with that.  But his tenure as HC was nothing short of a disaster.  Having said that, I am happy with what Bubba is doing and I am looking forward to 2015.

I don't think anyone thinks Mussman is a great head coach, so maybe he did do the best HE could considering the circumstances.  Someone could have done better, no doubt.  But maybe Muss will only ever be a great OC and a below average head coach.  And that what he brought to the table was below averageness.

I don't think anyone thinks Mussman is a great head coach, so maybe he did do the best HE could considering the circumstances.  Someone could have done better, no doubt.  But maybe Muss will only ever be a great OC and a below average head coach.  And that what he brought to the table was below averageness.

Agree. I always thought he was a good OC...not so much as HC though.