SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

45 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Id really like to see some ND kids. I don't care if they're walk ons or scholarship we need at least a few every year.

We do have Pinke so far.  Missed on Alo and Lund to ndsu and Weeks to Wyoming.  Looks like we may get Bolinske as a PWO and I'd guess there are a few others out there as well.

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We do have Pinke so far.  Missed on Alo and Lund to ndsu and Weeks to Wyoming.  Looks like we may get Bolinske as a PWO and I'd guess there are a few others out there as well.

Find it hard to believe the WR from Century wouldn't be a WR we are after.  6'4" with legit hands and pretty quick don't come around to often.  He could be another Stanley type and he started to show value in the redzone and 3rd downs as the season went along.  

29 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Do we have a kicker that can kick it into the end zone yet?

Taubenheim had offseason surgery this past summer which why his power was down this year. His freshman year, 15 of his 50 kicks were touchbacks. I think it will be less of an issue once he gets his leg strength back to where it was.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hambone said:

A couple updates to our Wiki offers.  Rashon Davis verballed to EMU and Paddy Devlin verballed to SDSU.

Also, I think my main concern with this class is the lack of DL.  I think we need another big boy in the middle, and probably one DE that we can develop.

EDIT:  Oh, and Matt Thompson decided he wanted to be close to home and went with D2 University of Indianapolis. 

Thanks - I was about to update Davis but didn't know about Devlin or Thompson.  Continue to let me know whatever other updates you have.  Thx

57 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

From everything I read and heard, the plan was to take 5 offensive lineman in this class.  They are at 3.  Hence, the two more OL.  

I was referring to geaux_sioux and UNDBIZ's earlier posts opining for one more OL.  I think they need 2.  Possibly 3 depending on how some things shake out.

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

With all the turmoil and chaos going on at WIU right now (not to mention the rumors of moving down a division), I am not surprised he picked UND instead.

With some of that staff likely headed to USD I imagine the difficult recruiting for Turner will just be beginning.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

With all the turmoil and chaos going on at WIU right now (not to mention the rumors of moving down a division), I am not surprised he picked UND instead.

But W Illinois MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! I mean look at all of the quality losses they were able to achieve!!! AND they play in the Holy Grail of conferences, I mean there would barely be and FCS without the Holy MVFC. Please Please Please sense the sarcasm :)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

But W Illinois MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! I mean look at all of the quality losses they were able to achieve!!! AND they play in the Holy Grail of conferences, I mean there would barely be and FCS without the Holy MVFC. Please Please Please sense the sarcasm :)

:lol:

That was good.

10 hours ago, Hambone said:

Bolinske is going to attend UND.  Assuming PWO.

I like his hudl tape.  Throws well, runs well, made plays on defense as a d-back, and has a year to redshirt for growth.

I think things are clear on the type of kids we want at QB, gotta run well.

I didn't see anything out of Bolinske's highlight reel that warranted excitement at DB. However, he showed a lot of potential at QB. QB's are difficult to evaluate from highlight reels but I saw a couple of check downs and many passes with nice touch. Not saying he's a sure fire QB of the future but getting a QB with his set of intangibles as a PWO is very encouraging. Also, ND kid love to see that as well.