SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Maurice just tweeted another commitment.  From Indianapolis.  Would it be the CB- Chinn?

Welcome Jeremy.  Top 50 football prospect in Indiana is mighty impressive.  Holm and chinn will both have great possibility of having their shirt pulled.  Wow has bubba and the crew done a great job, very impressive!  Now get a qb!

From what I can tell, Chinn is a great athlete/prospect. He will be in the running for playing time right away. Great pickup by Bubba and crew, that's one way to improve corner play! 

One thing he will need to improve is his top end speed. He already has great quickness. As he gets stronger he should gain that top end speed. I think he's got some great potential and is only scratching the surface.

Good story out today on Toivonen.  Classy kid. 

http://www.republican-eagle.com/sports/wingers/3899265-all-area-football-toivonen-catches-among-states-best

From the article: 

Prior to the start of the 2015 season, Toivonen added an extra inch and some muscle to his frame, eventually coming into the year at 6-foot-4 and 200 pounds.

“He got bigger, stronger and faster. And we flat-out told him this year that he’s got to be more assertive as a wide receiver,” said Wingers’ head coach Rickey Foggie. “We watched film and watched defensive backs, and there’s nobody his size. So we took advantage of his size. He worked hard and Tait (Kelly) got him the football.”

Did Camy  play much this year?    Was Merz  a big part of their plans for the future?    Are either of them a big loss or are the two very much replaceable?

Don't think JUCO transfer Camy saw any time this year... nice size but footwork wasn't there IMHO.  Merz had considerable promise, tho, out of H.S.

Edited by Teeder11

So you would assume we preferred Merz  would of stayed?  He was a true freshman  this year.  Do we ever pull redshirts off freshman lineman?  He apparently was highly thought of in recruiting.   I wonder what the coaches thought of him after spending a year in the program.

So you would assume we preferred Merz  would of stayed?  He was a true freshman  this year.  Do we ever pull redshirts off freshman lineman?  He apparently was highly thought of in recruiting.   I wonder what the coaches thought of him after spending a year in the program.

Yeah, good questions on Merz.....in his FB comment, it sounded like his heart just wasn't in football or school anymore and he wanted to move on to a good paying job that he didn't need a four-year degree to have.

Yeah, good questions on Merz.....in his FB comment, it sounded like his heart just wasn't in football or school anymore and he wanted to move on to a good paying job that he didn't need a four-year degree to have.

He had a bad injury either before or in camp. UND also doesn't offer what he wants to do with his future. He was a great talent just from looking at his film.

I think we just missed on Camy. Not strong or athletic enough.

Does the move of mollberg to te position mean maybe there's a qb recruit or maybe a fbs transfer that's soon to announce ? If not the qb position is an absolute glass house.   One injury away (studs) from being just flat out scary. Und cannot depend on Bartles and heidlebaugh is just a fresh with no experience.  

I have full optimism for next year but if studs was to go down, and the possibility is there as he is a running qb, und is left with ......,?????  

Its an absolute must that und picks up a recruit that fits their system.  That should of been their #1 priority from day 1.  When studs when down this year, they went 0-3!!!   I have complete faith in bubba and crew as they have done a fantastic job recruiting

• Upvote 1

Obviously we know it's a need.  Why create attention if a target or two if flying under the radar.......

Create attention?  There's a whole list of offers out there and recruits making visits by everyone...not exactly cloak and dagger stuff here.

• Upvote 1

Create attention?  There's a whole list of offers out there and recruits making visits by everyone...not exactly cloak and dagger stuff here.

Not if the player they are gravitating towards hasn't been offered yet.  Then they are 100% trying to keep it under wraps.  

• Upvote 2

You'd be surprised how cloak and dagger the recruiting game can get. Patience, my friend. Let's get the right fit.  If there's someone out there that is a quality get, I'd rather we get him over bringing in a warm body quickly.