SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

UND has work to do to catch up to the bunnies and the Fargo school in fb and bb...but they fail to realize this isn't a sprint race.  I have no doubt UND will catch up and surpass them.  They always have and always will.  

7 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

UND has work to do to catch up to the bunnies and the Fargo school in fb and bb...but they fail to realize this isn't a sprint race.  I have no doubt UND will catch up and surpass them.  They always have and always will.  

UND has and would compete favorably in both vs SDSU and in men's hoops vs FU.   The only catch up is vs FU and football but the rest of FCS can say the same. 

• Upvote 1

Noticed that bison73 and others are trying to convince others on bozoville that the remodeled BSA is just a step to a better conference.  A lot of their fans are complaining that the BSA won't be big and swell enough for a step up in conferences.  Bison73 and others are saying that the BSA will just be for wrestling, women's buckets, and volleyball when Fargo builds a new buckets addition to the FDOME and builds a new football stadium for anow FBS or P5 league.

Guess there is others reason that he wants UND to stay FCS.

On Wednesday, Idaho will seek approval for Idaho's Board of Education for a football move to the Big Sky.  The meeting will be at Bronco Stadium in one of their fancy suites, so Boise St fans will be gloating for a week and Idaho St fans will be happy that Idaho voluntarily took themselves down to their level.

But I still think this is all a ruse, and Idaho is only doing this for the political points with the Board.  In a week or more, the Big Sky will announce that it is considering swapping schools with the WAC.  Idaho will have no choice but to go with the Montana schools.  Idaho St cannot move to FBS because their second to BYU in their part of the state and don't have alumni support.  The Idaho Board will not begrudge Idaho for moving, after all the Board approved of the Big Sky and it's schools.

Idaho will still say staying in FBS will only happen with an increase in donations, which the alumni will oblige.  

It will be a brilliant public relations move by Staben, and his Idaho St and Boise St board members will not find fault with his decisions although he was playing with them all the time.

Bizon and Jack trolls will be sick and despondent again.

3 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

USD was called on the speculative document written by a consultant.

Oh, I disagree with you that only two will move on. I expect it to be three, the two who have been successful in transition (SDSU/NDSU) and the one who seems to be working hard to upgrade and improve (USD). I full well expect UND will continue putting all their dollars into Men's and Women's Hockey leaving their other sports to suffer the fate of being average forever.

By the way, has Idaho had their press conference yet? Wasn't it last week that they were to come out and state they made a mistake in accepting the BSC spot?

Lol !  Average!  Lol.  Und football was 7-4 last year (should of been playoff bound) in year two of bubba ball and sdsu' best season has been a 4 loss season.  I would like to welcome you to the club of average.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Noticed that bison73 and others are trying to convince others on bozoville that the remodeled BSA is just a step to a better conference.  A lot of their fans are complaining that the BSA won't be big and swell enough for a step up in conferences.  Bison73 and others are saying that the BSA will just be for wrestling, women's buckets, and volleyball when Fargo builds a new buckets addition to the FDOME and builds a new football stadium for anow FBS or P5 league.

Guess there is others reason that he wants UND to stay FCS.

You have a link for that supposed quote of mine?

On Wednesday, Idaho will seek approval for Idaho's Board of Education for a football move to the Big Sky.  The meeting will be at Bronco Stadium in one of their fancy suites, so Boise St fans will be gloating for a week and Idaho St fans will be happy that Idaho voluntarily took themselves down to their level.

But I still think this is all a ruse, and Idaho is only doing this for the political points with the Board.  In a week or more, the Big Sky will announce that it is considering swapping schools with the WAC.  Idaho will have no choice but to go with the Montana schools.  Idaho St cannot move to FBS because their second to BYU in their part of the state and don't have alumni support.  The Idaho Board will not begrudge Idaho for moving, after all the Board approved of the Big Sky and it's schools.

Idaho will still say staying in FBS will only happen with an increase in donations, which the alumni will oblige.  

It will be a brilliant public relations move by Staben, and his Idaho St and Boise St board members will not find fault with his decisions although he was playing with them all the time.

So there wont be any rule changes from the NCAA?

still waiting on last weeks announcement that they were staying FBS. But this week, they're meeting with the Idaho BoE to seek approval to fully move to the Big Sky.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This is seriously some impressive work.

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

So, now the story is that a ruse is being orchestrated by Idaho's President in order to extract more contributions from the school's alumni. Wasn't the story that the NCAA was behind the whole thing so that it would look good in rescuing Idaho from FCS?

3 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

So, now the story is that a ruse is being orchestrated by Idaho's President in order to extract more contributions from the school's alumni. Wasn't the story that the NCAA was behind the whole thing so that it would look good in rescuing Idaho from FCS?

Don't worry about it.  

47 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Its the gift that keeps on giving.:lol:

Some people are just not intellectually gifted enough to think like a president would.  I didn't include Idaho St's perceptions in my earlier prediction, so that has changed things.

So you bizon trolls think the Big Sky would pass up an historic opportunity to take over an FBS conference, you are truly delusional.  Probably belong on a cartoon board with six year old sausages.  The Milwaukee Brewers may have a slot for you in their sausages runs.

A UND FBS would interest FSN, as well as its hockey team.

The Big Sky Presidents probably knew of UND's potential donors before UND was invited to the BSC.

UND already meets the FBS scholarship and team requirements without 22 added slots.

UND has a bigger endowment than most of the Sun Belt.

Unlike the Sun Belt and MAC, UND'S media footprint includes a whole state and the MSP region.

Dropping baseball and men's golf would naturally happen before an FBS move for UND.

Why should UND be FCS, but Bowling Green, Ball St, Miami, C Mich, E Mich, Kent St, Troy, Coastal Car, Ga Southern, LaMonroe, Ark St, USA, and Ga St can be FBS?  UND has much more fan support and endowments than most of them.

11 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some people are just not intellectually gifted enough to think like a president would.  I didn't include Idaho St's perceptions in my earlier prediction, so that has changed things.

So you bizon trolls think the Big Sky would pass up an historic opportunity to take over an FBS conference, you are truly delusional.  Probably belong on a cartoon board with six year old sausages.  The Milwaukee Brewers may have a slot for you in their sausages runs.

The Big Sky Presidents probably knew of UND's potential donors before UND was invited to the BSC.

UND already meets the FBS scholarship and team requirements without 22 added slots.

Unlike the Sun Belt and MAC, UND'S media footprint includes a whole state and the MSP region.

Dropping baseball and men's golf would naturally happen before an FBS move for UND.

Why should UND be FCS, but Bowling Green, Ball St, Miami, C Mich, E Mich, Kent St, Troy, Coastal Car, Ga Southern, LaMonroe, Ark St, USA, and Ga St can be FBS?  UND has much more fan support and endowments than most of them.

Minus the first two sentences this is a pretty good post.  A school or two in the region is going to make the move eventually.  I don't see it happening so quickly but right now it is all about positioning.  I think NMSU and U of Montana's past comments about the cost of staying FCS will drive this as much as any shake up of FBS.  Its also hard to argue if there is a potential anywhere of adding an FBS conference, the opening from Idaho through the Dakota's is an opportunity for a cost effective FBS or FCS conference of like minded schools.  

23 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

You remind me of Eklund from Hockey Buzz. Is that an e5 or e4? I thought UND would have been FBS by now. 

49 minutes ago, homer said:

Minus the first two sentences this is a pretty good post.  A school or two in the region is going to make the move eventually.  I don't see it happening so quickly but right now it is all about positioning.  I think NMSU and U of Montana's past comments about the cost of staying FCS will drive this as much as any shake up of FBS.  Its also hard to argue if there is a potential anywhere of adding an FBS conference, the opening from Idaho through the Dakota's is an opportunity for a cost effective FBS or FCS conference of like minded schools.  

An FBS move would also remove much of the talk and sting of NDSU's five rings.  They would become almost irrelevant, just as our DII ring was made irrelevant for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

You are really hung up on my sausage.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Now now you cant expect him to remember that whopper do you?   You have to remember--he is thinking strategically so you have to take a flyer on the  accountability thing.

29 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

An FBS move would also remove much of the talk and sting of NDSU's five rings.  They would become almost irrelevant, just as our DII ring was made irrelevant for them.

Yes, NDSU would become irrelevant in your scenario. NDSU is better than anybody in the WAC or Sun Belt righr now. When you combine the 2 WORST WAC teams with a bunch of transitioning FCS teams that have no business moving up, the only thing historical about that move up and conference is how historically bad it would be and how stupid the move would be. If NDSU moved up and into that conference, I would open up a Bisonvile account and be the first to start a "Fire Larsen" thread.

14 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Yes, NDSU would become irrelevant in your scenario. NDSU is better than anybody in the WAC or Sun Belt righr now. When you combine the 2 WORST WAC teams with a bunch of transitioning FCS teams that have no business moving up, the only thing historical about that move up and conference is how historically bad it would be and how stupid the move would be. If NDSU moved up and into that conference, I would open up a Bisonvile account and be the first to start a "Fire Larsen" thread.

http://www.argusleader.com/picture-gallery/sports/2015/10/17/photos-usd-ndsu-football/74143056/

• Upvote 1