SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA & Denver - Friday

AZSIOUX

Thanks for the highlights - I didn't catch anything on TV but the announcers must have been impressed with Sioux following - once again a Denver road game sounds like a Sioux home game. All that was missing was the Beer Grandma on the big screen.

Several times during the game, you could clearly hear "Let's go Sioux!" and ether cheers over the announcers. That is so sweet to hear in an away game! Keep it up tonight!

I am so reminded of the goofer player in their outdoor game last week (condom?) who gets brushed by and hardly touched in open ice and lays down like a freight train hit him in the head. The refs called nothing, but should've called a dive.

I think we're at the point where if a guy is going to lay on the ice for 3 minutes after a hit that draws a penalty and requires assistance in getting back to the bench, that medical protocol requires he not be allowed back onto the ice for the ensuing power play. It can be called the Rau Rule.

• Upvote 3

He was going down no matter what. He is so hurt but can get up, walk to the locker room unassisted, and back in the game in no time? Possum play of the year.

dont forget the part of him coming back to skate enough on the major pp to be the one to score DUs first goal.

I think we're at the point where if a guy is going to lay on the ice for 3 minutes after a hit that draws a penalty and requires assistance in getting back to the bench, that medical protocol requires he not be allowed back onto the ice for the ensuing power play. It can be called the Rau Rule.

What the rule should be is this. If you are so hurt rolling on the ice you can not return to the game without a doctor's clearance in writing to the refs.

dont forget the part of him coming back to skate enough on the major pp to be the one to score DUs first goal.

I knew this was going to happen once I saw him get back on the bench. He had a rye smile going off the ice. Brought back memories of the BU game last year. This is a rule that has to change. 5 minute wellness check for player drawing 5 minute with injury.

I was at the game last night. Lots of green and way louder than any DU presence at any point during the game. The student section was pitiful and only a third full. Also quite a few empty seats around the arena. Definitely a home game presence for UND. Great to see!

On another note, plenty of DU staff picking on UND fans and basically shutting them out from standing or cheering at times and it got to point where they were sitting near the fans the while third period. After the game, about 10 DU fans standing near that area talking and whining about the incident. This happens every time I go to a game there. Quite embarrassing for them.

I was at the game last night. Lots of green and way louder than any DU presence at any point during the game. The student section was pitiful and only a third full. Also quite a few empty seats around the arena. Definitely a home game presence for UND. Great to see!

On another note, plenty of DU staff picking on UND fans and basically shutting them out from standing or cheering at times and it got to point where they were sitting near the fans the while third period. After the game, about 10 DU fans standing near that area talking and whining about the incident. This happens every time I go to a game there. Quite embarrassing for them.

I was reading Mike Chambers gamer and he said there was 1000 UND fans, from the noise on the TV it sounded like there were more UND fans than that.

One of the better games this Sioux team has played so far this year. Lots of energy and execution, really liked the way the team crashed the net and was in Brittain's face all night. Saunders stepped in and played fine, I didn't really think he was tested too much but he made the saves he should have. Passes were crisp and on time and there definitely seemed to be a level of calmness when guys had the puck. I thought the Ausmus call was really bad at most it should have been a 2 but he got a 5 because Loney acted like he was dead only to recover enough to come back out on that same powerplay. Even though the PK gave up 2 goals I thought it looked real good and the 1 goal was just because of the bad bounce, the PP also looked a lot better than it has the past few weekends. Laleggia definitely is DU's best player and was really electric when he got the puck but I thought the D really did a nice job keeping him to the outside. Hopefully we see the same kind of effort tonight and can come away with another win and 1st place in the NCHC.

Thought someone said that the puck seemed to hit the netting above the glass shortly before the goal.

If you watch the replay the puck hit a seam in the boards and took a bad bounce. CBS was really good at pointing this out partly because they were curious too. IMO it was more of the flop Loney took than the bouce of the puck that he and the coaches were upset about. on another note,why is it that Todd Anderson is always a ref in the games with DU?

Thought someone said that the puck seemed to hit the netting above the glass shortly before the goal.

I thought it did, but a later replay showed it hit something along the bottom of the boards and came back out in front of the net. Only Loney saw the puck, Saunders was looking to the other corner where both the Sioux and Denver players were trying to recover a puck that wasn't there.

One thing I did notice with Loney is that when he went down one of his skates got caught on top of ones of Ausmus' skates and he wasn't able to get control of himself before he went into the boards. He obviously then proceeded to act like he broke every bone in his body.

You're right. Loney was going down the same way no matter what. Is he up for an Oscar for Best Actor this year? He was on his butt and slammed into the boards with his back only. He did not even hit that hard.