SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

Closing date for assistant positions is today. I am guessing we will start to see announcements tomorrow. So far most are pretty confident Schmidt is coming with Bubba to be DC. I'd assume the OC will be someone with head coach experience who will also carry the assistant head coach tag. Thoughts? How about other position coaches? Hopefully these fill up quickly and the coaches give themselves a month to start recruting.

what does he have to offer as far as offense goes? minot state has been pretty bad the last couple years..

I'm not sure it's even possible for a school like Minot St. to succeed at the dII level. However, while he and Hedberg were at SCSU, they had a fair amount of success despite operating with fewer scholies than most other NCC schools. When SCSU had players like Keith Heckendorf and Matt Birkel, they were a formidable offense. I think he'd be the most experienced and proven OC UND has had in many years.

what does he have to offer as far as offense goes? minot state has been pretty bad the last couple years..

This is all I could find on his time with St. Cloud State. From the Minot State Bio page:

Rudolph comes to Minot State from St. Cloud State, in St. Cloud, Minn., where he was the Offensive Coordinator and offensive line coach for seven seasons. During his time as SCSU, the Huskies established 26 singles season, 21 single game and nine individual offensive school records. In 2005, Rudolph helped SCSU to 418.6 yards per game and over 30 points per game. He coached 13 first team, 11 second team and two honorable mention All-North Central Conference performers. Rudolph helped the Huskies to the NCAA Division II playoffs in 2004 and an NCC title in 2002.

I'd like to see our Coordinators, as well as position coaches, have legitimate FCS experience. Especially since we have upped the Assistant's salary pool.

If we are top 4 or 5 in Big Sky assistant pay then we should be able to attract quality FCS-level assistants. Maybe Rudolph proves me wrong, IF hired, but DII does not excite me at all, the NCC days are over.

• Upvote 1