SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hosts 2015 Regional

airmail

nuts and bolts we got screwed; (OK, not screwed but I'm still not past chanting) Wasnt the Holy Cross game one of the reasons they went away from on campus sites? Then the go back on campus. And if the other reason for Fargo being more amicable than the Ralph is the logo's everywhere, so isn't it coincidental that the exception is being made for the Fighting Irish. pardon my language, but wt-letterthatcomesafterG

Did the REA get any of the women's Final Four opportunities? It just seems ridiculous to me that we can't use a 11k+ facility which would be packed full for a men's regional because of the BS sensitivities of the selection committee and the other hockey colleges...How many times did we have to play in other folks home rinks during the playoffs and no one said boo about it? (Michigan on in the early 2000s maybe)

First off the atmosphere will be great. In 2009 when USA played Russia the place was rocking!! Second, I'm hoping they add temporary bleachers in the north and south end that might add 500 seats...maybe. I'm hoping that there is some priority for Force Season ticket holders. Probably not, but you never know!

First off the atmosphere will be great. In 2009 when USA played Russia the place was rocking!! Second, I'm hoping they add temporary bleachers in the north and south end that might add 500 seats...maybe. I'm hoping that there is some priority for Force Season ticket holders. Probably not, but you never know!

^^^ this^^^

I don't buy the sold out arena argument they may fly in other parts of the country but not here the Ralph would be way fuller then most all of the other venues regardless of who was playing

NCAA policy...what a Frickin joke...Notre dame hosts on campus? Another bite in the ass. Regional in Fargo instead of Grand Forks? They're just sticking it to us now...and apparently all future women's games will be played at Ridder Arena.

I'm pretty sure when the NCAA hosts a regional in an arena, the arena gives up all seats to the NCAA, including ones held by season ticket holders.

Yep, what a train wreck. Got UND into the Big Sky and through transition. Helped create a new hockey conference to keep the hockey program from being pulled down by teams with less resources. Negotiated a TV deal for UND that actually pays them money instead of costing them money. Found a home for the baseball team.

If I am not mistaken, the Baseball team is in a big-time conference for Baseball.

Did the REA get any of the women's Final Four opportunities? It just seems ridiculous to me that we can't use a 11k+ facility which would be packed full for a men's regional because of the BS sensitivities of the selection committee and the other hockey colleges...How many times did we have to play in other folks home rinks during the playoffs and no one said boo about it? (Michigan on in the early 2000s maybe)

No. They gave Ridder 2 instead.

I won't comment on that one.

:silly:

Notre Dame is hosting, on campus, in their home rink, with boards that say "Fighting -----" on them.

I'd say Mr. Faison has ample reason to approach the NCAA Executive Committee and say, "We dumped our name, you won, and now you're being just vindictive ... and fiscally foolish. We're host, just like Notre Dame, so let us host like them: at home."

....and UND,the AD,the fans,the players,every coach ever,anyone who makes less money than him(which in his mind is everyone),and anything anyone ever brings up. Oh wait, that last one is Smokey.

I think the middle school dance is long over. Well at least it is for some of us. Besides that did none of you think that UND's snubbing their noses at the NCAA was never going to have repurcussions. Now you are getting a taste.

Notre Dame is hosting, on campus, in their home rink, with boards that say "Fighting -----" on them.

I'd say Mr. Faison has ample reason to approach the NCAA Executive Committee and say, "We dumped our name, you won, and now you're being just vindictive ... and fiscally foolish. We're host, just like Notre Dame, so let us host like them: at home."

I thought someone said on this site Faison was on that committee?

I thought someone said on this site Faison was on that committee?

He is as the NCHC rep. maybe he wasn't able to fight for the Ralph to host with all the football and volleyball stuff going on. The big question to ask is finding a football coach more important then hosting a regional at the Ralph.

I think the middle school dance is long over. Well at least it is for some of us. Besides that did none of you think that UND's snubbing their noses at the NCAA was never going to have repurcussions. Now you are getting a taste.

So fighting legally to try and keep what you love is "snubbing"?

Again.......Please!

Wow...thanks for your valuable insight...:(

Brings back bad memories of 1983, when NCAA teams were picked, rather than using any mathematical formula. Frozen Four in the old Ralph, Sioux were not picked, even though the Sioux and Wisco were clearly the best teams in the country that year. Now it's arena selections that are selected with seemingly no common sense. Snubbed again. The NCAA sucks, period.

How can you be kicked off the site and come back so many times with different user names?