SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

No, I think they are scrambling trying to hold Klieman......which will be tough I think. I would think Hazelton has to be tied with Klieman for the #1 shot at it.

At least that is what this rube thinks....

Hazelton makes a ton of sense based on the price point and his history in Fargo.

Scottie Hazelton isn't happening, he's the new linebackers coach at USC.

I have doubts about Klieman too, very likely he'll be going with Bohl, and CAS seems to have doubts about VIgen leading the team...they're in a tough spot.

I'm just thinking of the expectations you are going to have to live up to in Fargo if you are the new coach...pretty daunting for anyone, even a well-liked assistant is going to face very critical eyes going forward.

Most coaches have pretty good egos. But, the fans won't be overly patient for sure.

I'm just thinking of the expectations you are going to have to live up to in Fargo if you are the new coach...pretty daunting for anyone, even a well-liked assistant is going to face very critical eyes going forward.

Yes, we have high expectations and want a coach who is up for the challenge.

Hard to even comprehend what you may be implying. Does not UND want a coach that wants and desires to win and will accept any challenge?!

Of course 4 wins is a step in the righ direction.

Sorry, low blow, but deserved for that post.

Unconfirmed Twitter reports are saying Klieman will take over for Bohl, that would be good for the NDSU faithful.

That would be the best possible hire for NDSU. He is the architect of the defense, could hire one of his defensive assistants as d-coordinator and could find an O-Coordinator elsewhere that would be as good as Vigen. Would also have a great chance of keeping current players and most of the committed recruits, which they have a few of with FBS offers already.

Also think he would take it if offered. I don't think he left UNI to come to NDSU to be a career assistant.

Hard to even comprehend what you may be implying. Does not UND want a coach that wants and desires to win and will accept any challenge?!

Bail Bondsman on speed dial - check, Donation to Fargo Police Retirement Fund - Check, List of ciches and excuses for media - Check. Yup - appears he's up for the challenge. Gotta be rough when you come in second in every sport but one in the state. Chalk up another one this weekend. We love winning Super Bowls.

That would be the best possible hire for NDSU. He is the architect of the defense, could hire one of his defensive assistants as d-coordinator and could find an O-Coordinator elsewhere that would be as good as Vigen. Would also have a great chance of keeping current players and most of the committed recruits, which they have a few of with FBS offers already.

Also think he would take it if offered. I don't think he left UNI to come to NDSU to be a career assistant.

It is an interesting decision if Klieman is offered. I don't see it as a lock that he accepts. If his aspiration is to be a head coach at the FBS level, turning around Wyoming's defense in a couple seasons will earn him way more recognition than being successful at the FCS level in that same time frame. Also, Vigen has turned into a top notch O-cord. Its not like there are guys as good or better than him just sitting around.

It is an interesting decision if Klieman is offered. I don't see it as a lock that he accepts. If his aspiration is to be a head coach at the FBS level, turning around Wyoming's defense in a couple seasons will earn him way more recognition than being successful at the FCS level in that same time frame. Also, Vigen has turned into a top notch O-cord. Its not like there are guys as good or better than him just sitting around.

Also, what if takes the HC job and then he can't duplicate the success of Bohl AND Bohl does not (God forbid) turn Wyoming around? That could shut him down from moving up to FBS from the University of Agriculture and Applied Science.

I was just stating that the expectations levels are going to be slightly different at UND vs NDSU...UND is looking to get to a point in the future NDSU has already attained and NDSU wants to stay at this point knowing that it is more likely than not to drop back down. Which one would you want to be part of? Turning around a program or having to live up to a potential 3 time NC coaching staff - If I wanted some form of stability, then I would probably choose the turn-around opportunity. Plus, the unbearable expectations of the FU fans would put most into potential suicide watch! Touche!

Personally, I'd love to see NDSU have to open up the position externally to watch Taylor try and wiggle out of N.D.'s asinine hiring process, or else have to wait until mid to late January to name a coach. But it sounds like they're going to hire internally. Given how long and difficult it is to hire externally, and given the quality coordinators they have, it seems like a no-brainer to hire internally for them.