SiouxSports.com Forum

Mid Major Poll

bincitysioux

I'll take the Herd by 10.

Why? Just curious. Is it because NDSU went to the dance half a decade ago? Is it because the football team will win another NC so it will carry on to the basketball team or because NDSU won in FARGO last year even thought UND was without 2 starters for 40 minutes for one (Huff), and 37 minutes for the other (Brekke). Just wondering.

Still way too early to predict that game, too many other parameters in play to make an accurate predication right now. I want to see UND's frontcourt in action in REAL gametime action to see how they handle themselves. Bjorklund is a big time post, for god know why he doesn't get used as much as he should, and needs to be dealt with accordingly. He is bar none the best post player in the Summit. Braun/Huff will be a fun matchup the whole night. 2 of the best in the mid-majors going at it. NDSU needs to know how Alexander's Achilles Tendon holds up and how that effects his play at the point.

Uh, no. Not on the road. UND matches up very well with them when you look at the lineups. This one will be down to the final horn.

10 points is a pretty close game in basketball. Especially if one team is fouling(a concept I really hate, honestly wish they'd call intentional fouls more often) and the winning team is shooting a bunch of free throws late.

Will you quit posting here if you're wrong?

Nah...too much fun.

Still way too early to predict that game, too many other parameters in play to make an accurate predication right now. I want to see UND's frontcourt in action in REAL gametime action to see how they handle themselves. Bjorklund is a big time post, for god know why he doesn't get used as much as he should, and needs to be dealt with accordingly. He is bar none the best post player in the Summit. Braun/Huff will be a fun matchup the whole night. 2 of the best in the mid-majors going at it. NDSU needs to know how Alexander's Achilles Tendon holds up and how that effects his play at the point.

I agree on Marshall. Great guy to have on the post, I'm not a basketball mind at all but it seems like if a guy hits like 65% of his shots, you probably should feed him til the other team can stop it.

Hope Alexander is ready for this one. SHOULD be best Herd team since the Woodside Administration.

Skip the first game (Minnesota-Morris), and their real test will be game 2 at #21 Wisconsin. If UND can hang with them or upset them this team will be a threat, but if UND suffers injuries or get blown out by 30 then it may be a long season. A lot of ifs until Nov 24th (NDSU).

UND fans sounded just like this before the fb season started. Too funny!

Our football team came in with a lot more question marks. We had a new OC and DC and we were looking at starting a freshman QB. Our basketball team does not have nearly the amount of questions. We should have 4 of our 5 starters back from last season. I am not going to predict anything but I am definitely looking forward to what this team can do!

UND fans sounded just like this before the fb season started. Too funny!

If I could actually find an NDSU fan who cared about basketball I'd assume they'd feel the same way. Here I thought you'd be back to talk about your women's programs you were just bragging about a few months ago, how's that going for you?

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

The new mid major pool is out. http://www.collegein...ajor-top-25.php

Not sure how we go from have 64 votes to none?

Our next opponent is at #9 and Big Sky teams #19 Weber State, #20 Montana, and #24 UNC.

This poll came out on Monday so the only game we had was UM-Morris. I can see why we didn't get any votes.

This poll came out on Monday so the only game we had was UM-Morris. I can see why we didn't get any votes.

Still doesn't explain why we go from 64-0 does it? Just because we play one game against a sub DI school and win, we lose all 64 votes? Unless there was an error in the first weeks poll.

Why would they? NDSU is a big-time program at everything they do! They are no mid-major and if you think they are, Bison Dan, Johnboy and all the other FU trolls on here will set you straight! :p;):silly:

Well they were just at the dance oh wait that was 4 years ago. Well they just won a NC oh wait that was football, hmmm I await Dan and the boys to please explain this.

• Upvote 1

Well, we didn't make much progress, we now have six votes. NDSU is no longer ranked but does have 78 points. Maybe if we knock off Oregon or Pacific this weekend, we will get a little recognition.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Of course we only got 6 votes, that's what happens when you don't beat a quality opponent. ;)